Can we make sure that MotM = Agent of Change? (eg Drusella Sathir)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Qelyn Augur

This. This so hard.
    Ezen likes this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

It benefits them for you to increase your character's power for raids - no different than raid loot. Sure, they spent time on it and you should recoup their time in some way. And perhaps a MODEST krono investment is the most efficient method for you (after all, it's you...) - but gouging your guildmates like that as the type of recouping? Lame.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

The urn is a high demand, low supply item. I certainly don't expect my guildmates to camp items like that and just give them to me for free, so that's not something I'm personally going to criticize.

The supply, however, is artificially low and inconsistently so given the MotM/AoC discrepancy for Drusella -- that's the true problem.
  4. Mindtickler Journeyman

Great post zain, hopefully AoC gets added or MOTM removed. Anyone who tries to camp that gets trained by people with the timer ~10 minutes before pop, happened on rage and heard it happens here too. OGC and AOS fight over it.

You can pop more FM for angry goblin so I feel should be some way for drusella. And yes ducreux would have to pay his guildmates, cause as he said they compete for it and get the timer.. was that way on ragefire also. Unfortunately the NoS was 7-8 on rage, now they want 15 here.. cant imagine what urn goes for.
  5. GhostbustersII Elder

Vaclav,
    I am pretty sure that Drusella has the longest spawn window of any mob in Kunark. That being said, I would never expect someone to camp an item for me for say 18 or more hours and them just give that item to me.

I am also unwilling to camp that item myself because honestly, if they have 10 people killing Dru, that is about an average of 2 krono each person for an item that isn't even guaranteed to drop. I can make 1-2 Krono an hour easily when these guys are camping this mob for 18+ hours.

That being said,
    +1 to adding Dru AoC in.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind them buffing HP up if they add Dru to the AoC list. Just taking the MotM off and allowing picks to spawn Dru would just cause a multi zone sock instead of a single zone sock. Wouldn't get rid of the problem.
  6. Wintermalo Augur

Anyone who camps items like hiero cloaks and ODS' and doesn't give them away to their guildmates for free is a terrible person and should be immediately kicked from their guild and shunned from the server.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Shrug. Just not my kind of greed. But I'm the type of person that hands droppables off to others as I "age out" of it rather than vendoring, and usually been met in kind. There's plenty of favors one can do without it being directly handing them a paycheck as kronos effectively are.

I understand the concept - and I've been guilty of it in other eras of my play, ages gone by - but it fosters a short term relationship rather than a long-term.

But nevermind me, just more crooning from an old player about how kronos have poisoned playstyle a bit.
  8. GhostbustersII Elder

I have to agree that Krono does poison the gameplay a lot. It is quite unfortunate.
    I kind of wish they made krono no drop after traded once but I don't think EQ has the code for that. Meaning if you want to buy krono in game, it'll be locked to that account to be consumed. If you buy from DBG, than you can trade it once. This would definitely kill the RMT aspect behind krono.

At this point I don't think DBG would ever do that though so it's just a pipe dream and the krono world is the one we are living and and have to keep living in so we have to deal with it.

The poster above made a good point though. If a guild mate farms an ODS for me, I don't expect them just to give it to me; heck no. Expecting a discount is very rude on my end but if they give a small discount to me like 3/4 of the price than I am thrilled because the transaction is very fair and it helps both of us.
    Kittany, Rhiyannon and Vaclav like this.
  9. Raewhen Journeyman

TLDR: I am lazy and want a free drusella. Please serve her to me on a silver platter with a fine wine.
  10. GhostbustersII Elder

+1 for for trying.
    -2 for the troll.

Back in the day I thought the real block was getting the Sinew off of Trakanon but now it drops off of Juggs too unfortunately. Ultimately this means everyone and their mother that wants to do faction with chardok will eventually be stuck at Drusella which traditioanlly was just an easy kill with 1 group and sometimes soloable before the MotM buff.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Exactly what I was trying to say.
  12. Whyteknight Journeyman

You make fairweather friends and they're around as long as they're making krono off you or getting raid loot from your efforts. You make real friends and they'll give you the heiro cloak off their back. If I had a NoS or an Urn, you can be sure it will be saved and given to a guildie for free. Talk down on that all you like, but that's a real guild. What you guys are talking about is business partners, not a guild.

This is why some guilds in their specific makeups don't make it longer than a few years. Even some playing on Phinigel may be going under the same identity, but the leadership changes swiftly as the last leader RMT's all the goods. Afaik, there are multiple guilds like that on Phinigel, but one in particular.
    Kittany and Dither like this.
  13. Wintermalo Augur

So how many hiero cloaks and ODS's have you farmed by yourself and given away for free to your guildmates? It should be quite a few at this point.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Shrug. Like everyone else on Phinny, I'm here so I can kill raid mobs on a schedule. That's a top selling point of this server for every single player and guild here, even AoS.

If she's not a raid mob, then remove the buff and let her spawn in picks, just like the Chardok royals.

I'm not asking for an exception to be made here -- I'm asking for an exception to be addressed. I'm asking for consistency.
  15. Qelyn Augur

I will admit, it does seem very inconsistent to have instances for every other mob with MotM except for her. And I agree, they either need to remove the buff and let her spawn in picks, or make an instance version of HS. But then again, inconsistency is kind of the name of the game.
  16. GhostbustersII Elder

Honestly every top guild I have been in and almost every guild that wasn't a "Family guild" and has more of a "business partner" type of mentality.

In a top guild you can expect to make friends but you can also expect not to like everyone in the guild and that is ok. You can expect not to agree with everyone and that is ok too. A top guild takes care of business because the one guaranteed thing that you very much can expect is a high number of highly skilled players that know how to play the game and have the drive to be on top.

It is obvious who you are accusing of RMT here and since you won't straight up say it I will say it for you. You are accusing AoS of RMTing. Bam there I said it!!!

I can tell you right now that your accusations that AoS as a guild is RMTing is very far from the truth. Here is what I know the guild bank has gotten for the guild using items that were unwanted in our raiding:

1. Sky and Hate stones throughout classic. It costs a raid about 600-1500 plat to get raids up into hate/sky in open world and that platinum may sound like small amounts but, at the start of classic, krono was going for 150-300pp when AoS first did sky/hate raids.

2. All the potions you could every want for raiding in Kunark. These potions end up costing a LOT especially when they were handing out multiple gate pots to every guild mate plus other expensive pots.

3. The guild bank has come through on multiple occasions acquiring huge ticket items that were than auctioned to the guild for DKP. Items like AoN and White Dragon Scale cloaks have been purchased using guild funds acquired from selling items that weren't needed by the guild and the guild will continue to be purchased many more of these items.

I can also tell you that the leadership in AoS has made sure to be abundantly clear with what the guild bank has in it and what steps they are taking to obtain items that help the guild out.

The leadership has made a point to make sure that no individual can take off with a large chunk of the guild bank like what happened on Ragefire to TL.
  17. Qelyn Augur

While you're 100% correct, just be warned that it won't matter to him. Some people have that tinfoil hat strapped on SUPER tight.
  18. GhostbustersII Elder

Yeah, I know stating facts isn't going to do much for tinfoil but the forums are never good for Mr. Tinfoil. At least I get to see Mr. Tinfoil squirm when their story breaks down though. It gives me much satisfaction when they try to argue something that is iron clad or if they don't even reply at all because the don't want to admit to being wrong.
  19. yerm Augur

The person in AOS that I saw selling the neck is an avid gamer who I know from rerolled was overwhelmingly helpful and generous in the WoW guild. He was hand-holding casuals through Saturday raids despite competing to be serverwide top deathknight from some metric I don't know. The idea that he's here to use the guild for his own ends is absurd.

This argument is silly when it only goes one way. If the drus farmers hand the neck out, that's the end of it for them, nothing but feeling good to show for it. Sell a few necks and they can straight buy stuff like an aon or wdc that might be a direct personal benefit. I know personally I farmed a lot of crap in classic and gave away some and sold others. Had I given everything away, I would not be wearing an ODS right now - how is that fair to me? Meanwhile, had I chosen to sell more and give away less, I'd probably have the neck in question currently. It's my time and my choice and the same holds true for my new guild, and should for yours.

Not only do I not expect my guildmates to not give me the neck without charging for it, I plan to seek out guildmates specifically if (probably when) I do end up buying the neck, so that my business is going to the people I call friends and/or business partners. The ONLY thing I expect from them is that if I do express interest they allow me to buy it over a nobody, assuming I offer to pay the same. I personally value buying things from friends so that they get rewarded at least as important as giving items away. Giving a friend payment rewards their work and effort. Giving them handouts rewards nothing but being my friend.
  20. Vaclav Augur

That might be your experience - but being in two top guilds, wasn't shared with them - nor the many "second/third tier" guilds I've been with over the years.

Rule of thumb I've seen for the "business partner" type guilds is they die the minute things hit rough tides. Part of why I've gotten turned off to them. One of the first litmus tests in my experience to how long they last and how many rough spells they last, in fact.

But regardless this is all tangential - and I apologize for starting the tangent.