Right and Left Eye of Sul

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Feb 25, 2016.

1. MrMajestykx Augur

enlighten us about the service and the turtles...im intrigued.
  2. Arcainos Augur

Any comment on this DBG team?
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I, too, would like to be part of the turtle club and get extra, (or any really), service.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

oh cmon I m still waiting on what type of service we get and what the turtle club is all about.
  5. Triconix Augur

[IMG]
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  6. Klak Augur

Mask is meh. Augs are too good. Put on vendor. Now.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. dwish Augur

These augs dont need to be on the vendor. There will be nothing stopping raid guilds from going back to Sul to beat the raids next expansion in order to get some more augs. It was the same way for the shawl raid aug, which the drop was never put on vendor, and guilds did plane of shadow raid for a long time (and still do). You don't need immediate access to every item in the game.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

Most guilds I know stopped raiding shadow once CoTF was released. If they did raid it, it was maybe once every couple months for newer members. Those things rotted so fast and were going to alts because 4-6 dropped each run. On the other hand, you have 1 right and 1 left eye drop a week plus the 5-6 weeks that many guilds didn't even get them because the corpse poofed.

Also, the eyes can be used as augs after the mask is made. That means a person needs two sets. A person didn't need two pieces from shadow.

All in all, the luclin drop rate was 4-5 times of what we are seeing, plus less was required for a person to be done. The two aren't comparable at all. One is going to take a minimum of 110 weeks for each member to get the mask + both augs compared to maybe 20 weeks to get your raid force plus some alts the shawl piece. We're talking 2+ years compared to 5-6 months.
    Hiladdar, EnchBB, Tour and 1 other person like this.
  9. Arcainos Augur

Exactly. Dwish, its not about immediately getting things instead of waiting. It's about the mask and augs being set at an unattainable level for people to get. Because you need both augs to get the mask, the chances of players getting the mask are slim, let alone those who hope to one day have both the mask and one aug.

By the time this would be attainable, the mask at least will definitely be obsolete.
    For those who say "yea but you can go back and farm it in years to come", I'd have to say why have content in a current expansion if not for players to enjoy it in/during that expansion?
    Hiladdar and EnchBB like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=22422
    RIP taunt mod items :(
    roguerunner and EnchBB like this.
  11. Tanols Augur

Personally I'm not in favor of making the augs vendor purchasable. Admittedly some chase items in the past have been. Ring of Revenge, Girdle of the Weaponmaster, Guilded Hammer of Ro's Light in CotF for example.
    Other chase items have not been IE Brells Shadow or were locked behind achievements in RoF.
    I could see making the augs available on vendor for say 1000 raid coins each but lock them behind Vanquisher of the Broken Mirror achievement. Sort of best of both worlds .. vendor purchasable but still chase items. Also sort of makes sense since the mask needed for the combine is the prize for that achievement already.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  12. Bobsmith Augur

Chase is a loose term. ..I personally don't think anything vendor bought could be called rare or chase, Evo shoulders and helm come to mind. Only aquire thru game play and then had to "work" to get the end result. If they do put Aug on the vendor I do agree it should be locked behind completing tbm achievements in a whole.
  13. Blurred_Memories Augur

sure.. put them on the vendor for 2000 coins. just require all the raid cheevs completed before you're able to buy. then it'll be just like previous chase items
  14. Triconix Augur

Shoulders were able to be bought with coins. It's how I got them.
  15. Bobsmith Augur

You are correct I forgot about that, but it was still locked behind achievements iirc
  16. Triconix Augur

They were locked behind multiple events, yes, but you only needed achievements from one of those raids to buy it which really wasn't hard at all.

They could lock the eyes behind enslaver achievements, I guess.
    Bobsmith and Metanis like this.
  17. Arcainos Augur

Agreed, keeping it behind achievements makes sense.

Prathun, I see you 'liked' dwish's post - can I infer you don't agree that people should enjoy the content DURING the expansion in which it's released?

I'm talking about the mask specifically, not the augs. Going back to get the augs is understandable because of the longevity of them. The mask will be obsolete by the time most people will even have a chance for it.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Putting the augs on a vendor would take longer than an hour...
    Iila, Zeiss and Sancus like this.
  19. Sokon Augur

^First thought that came to my mind. This item combine for the mask is the stupidest design ever put into this game. This thread should consist entirely of 100 pages of the exact same quote above, then one Dev response with a solution to unbork it.

Solution:
    1. Upon Making the mask a rewards window pops up with the option of claiming 1 of the 2 augs used in the combine.
    2. Anyone that has already made the mask will automatically get the reward window upon next log in.
    3. If you spent all your dkp on both augs then a third or maybe even 4th aug.... Really?

Devs - Make it happen.
    Imrahil likes this.
  20. Kravitz Augur

LoL @ raiders complaining about augments that they can't seem to get instantly or never will. Now you know how it feels to be a group player when the developers completely leave out content for the 17th anniversary for group players:

Hate's Fury Sales Again
    - lets design group content for 105 raid geared players, so no group player with group gear can participate, and yes lets make it so you have to be level 105 to enjoy it too, sorry folks if your level 100 and lower you don't matter

Drunken Gnome Races
    - gives out Hero's Forge armor as a reward, totally useless if you don't own Hero's Forge