Right and Left Eye of Sul

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Arcainos Augur

Please include the Right and Left Eye of Sul as items to purchase with TBM raid currency.

They are required to create the best in slot mask for this, and potentially future expansions, and are what will stop most players from ever getting the mask.

Since the right and left eye are arguably some of the best augs in the game right now, some (and I would guess most) are awarding the augs individually, vs. in a pair to help people create the mask. Because the augs will have the longevity of likely 3-4+ expansions (until they become the worst augs and replaced) it doesn't make sense to give it out to individuals who are looking to make the mask.

That said, for THIS expansion, even if you work your tail off and grind out currency, and win the two mask halves, you might STILL be screwed because you won't be able to get the two augs due to the above mentioned reason.

I think the mask was a great idea, and people are really anxious to get their hands on it, but it's just not realistic with the current setup.

To that end, please add the eyes to the raid vendor currency list. Even if they were 500 coins each, at least someone could work towards eventually getting the mask, before it's obsolete with future content and gear.
    Hiladdar, Imrahil, Behelit and 10 others like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I would love to have the augments on the vendor, like the majority of raiders as well. However I feel it would have to be a substantial amount. Considering the standard raid guild only raids the event once per week, the standard player (assuming they attend all ten TBM raids) can acquire 200 currency. Which means in 2 1/2 weeks you can acquire an end game augment that could possibly last for 4-5 expansions. Whereas the chest piece that will be replaced next expansion will cost you around 850 currency or so.

Bad risk vs reward. If you put the augments on there for something like 2000 currency, now it feels more realistic and feasible.

Also, some guilds give out both augs at once at the same time for the sole purpose of making the mask. A guild giving out only one augment instead of both to a player is a guild issue, not a game design issue. And I say that with no disrespect to any guild(s) that is only giving out one augment per player- every guild is different, and no guild is right or wrong in their philosophies.

Put it on the vendor for 2000 currency. This way you can save for the one augment you want to keep for 4-5 years, and win/earn/buy the two augments during raid times to make your mask.
    Arcainos likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

What's the difference between getting both augs one night or both augs on separate nights? It's still the same rate no matter how you acquire them.
    Arcainos likes this.
  4. Sokon Augur

It's ridiculous they have augs that players will still be using for 5-6 expansion, being used in an item combine that poofs them that they will only use for 2 ish expansions.

Was the item guy doing opium while on vacation? Being far away wasn't enough.
    Arcainos likes this.
  5. Shredd Augur

wonder if you can loot the augs after you have created the mask? Oh the mask is great ! Just look at my Magelo.
    Elricvonclief and Arcainos like this.
  6. Brudal Augur

Yes you can loot augs after the mask is made, have seen on a magelo. My thought is, if guilds still go back to plane of shadows for shawl drops, then enslaver will stay on guilds to do list for years to come.
    Olmstedder and Arcainos like this.
  7. Arcainos Augur

You're probably right. Only problem is if people aren't able to get the mask during this expansion, there's no point in it existing. The augs should be separated imo.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

One option would be to have the combine require the two augments, but also return them.
    So they wouldn't be consumed.
  9. Xinj Journeyman

or make the augs .....
  10. Axxius Augur

Or add a recipe to disassemble the mask once you no longer need it. Put the mask in the same container, click it, receive the initial components. Or even just the 2 augs. The purpose is to get the augs back once the mask is outdated.
  11. Sokon Augur

Ya but then everyone would have 1 aug they didn't use. There is obviously 1 melee and 1 caster aug.

The combine should require either aug, and return that 1 aug in my opinion. The augs are the long term goal items to acquire, not the mask, I view them just like very rare clicky items from raids. You can go for the gear item(the mask in this case) or the aug, but 1 you will be using for much longer than the other.
    Arcainos likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Throw us a bone for the bugs and nerfs we've endured since TBM launch.
    Silv, Iila and Arcainos like this.
  13. Iila Augur

- Increased mana costs on ranger's damaging spells by 7%
    Silv and Sancus like this.
  14. Arcainos Augur

Yep, this is a good idea.
  15. Kohnn Elder

2/27/16, even after the fix patch, corpse disappears immediately after death. Lost out on augs... Another vote here to make augs available on vendor.
    Zaviere likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

How is this a good idea?

This mask could potentially be best in slot until 2018. Your initial request was for the augments to be on vendors so you can, essentially, use them right now in conjunction with the mask. Now you are willing to wait until 2018 before you can use the augments? Doesn't that defeat the "I want it now!" mentality?

I am fine with the augments not on vendors. Players and guilds have to make decisions and choices. Do I want just my one "genre" augment (tank/melee or healer/caster) or do I want the mask? Does a guild decide to assign both augments for the purpose of the mask, or let DKP or whatever decide the recipients?

I am also fine with augments on vendors, provided it takes an extremely high amount of currency to achieve. After considering it, I think 2000 is too low for an item that you are (based on history) going to have for 3-5 years possibly. And theoretically most players will not want four augments (two for mask, two for use) but rather just three. Maybe the cost should be double, at 4000 currency. Make a player really earn their keep. Or... unlock it behind absolute in game achievements. Maybe if you complete all check marks in TBM then it unlocks on vendor. Of course that means crossing group game into raid game, which I don't know if that is appropriate.

Bottom line, 500 (or two and a half weeks worth of raids) is not close to enough time for an item you are going to keep for possibly 3-5 years. And retrieving augments two years down the road after mask is replaced doesn't help for the current desire to have mask and augments...
    Maedhros likes this.
  17. Zaviere Augur

This

Happened to my guild last week on our first Enslaver win, corpse disappeared the moment she died. No augs. Really sucks.

EDIT:

Oh, and +1 for putting the augs on the vendor.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. Time Burner 2 Augur

Anyone who can get this mask probably doesn't need it.

Why fret over it, if you get it fun, if not, you're already golden at this point. It's just a brass ring to leap for, unless everyone always has to get every shiny little star in a video game.
  19. Arcainos Augur

I disagree. Why shouldn't players be able to work hard for exceptional items, especially best-in-slot pieces?

End-game raiding is built in part on competitiveness, and striving to make your character the absolute best they can be.
    Ssdar likes this.
  20. Riou EQResource

Because of the Achievements on the TBM Raids and the Eye of Decay and Eye of Life from those achievements, most guilds will/should be doing these raids until at least the level 115 expansion, for anytime you recruit more people who don't have it done, there will be plenty of time to get the face and 1 or 2 extra augs per person.