PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Linden Augur

First can we both agree that pulling up a raid healing parse from another thread and deceptively begin critiquing it as my tank line up was completely under the belt? Or is that what you mean in reference to your preferred method of debate? In any case ill respond in morning when my internet is back up. Phone is about to die. Looking at your spells im curious why darkened sea stun and crush of darkened? They run on the same timer? Or i think you asked why no crushes. Ill post in the AM
  2. Igniz Augur

Linden, you keep boasting all pets would pull aggro of you, when EVERYONE ELSE and their dogs dont seem to have particular issues with any pets (except enchanter charmed mobs, which are referred to as "enchanter pets" often but are, strictly spoken, not pets at all, but regular mobs). Also, you keep being offended whenever anyone criticises anything you write or do, while simultaneously implying all of us are morons in every single of your posts.

When being pointed out that charmed mob aggro is vastly different to summoned pet aggro, you promised us (tweaked) parses that show the aggro of both entities to be the same (more than yours, at least), yet you failed to supply them. Main magicians, enchanters, warriors, paladins and a couple others pointed out that your personal point of view does not even slightly corresponds to the state of the game. You treat anyone suggesting that your personal point of view might be slightly off with contempt and try to ridicule them.

The notion that any pet user would be able to take aggro from a decently played tank class is ridiculous.
    The notion that pet aggro makes tanks less desirable is also ridiculous. Idiot tanks who can't hold aggro make tanks less desirable.
    Pet aggro was not "OP", you apparently just suck.
  3. Brohg Augur

No other parse in no other role from no other thread, Linden. The parse you posted here in this thread to illustrate how you couldn't hold agro (from a charmed enchanter pet, even though the thread is about summoned pets)

Here is the link, again.

-to your post, with a spell breakdown, here in this thread about summoned pets, wherein you complain of problems holding agro off've a charmed pet. With a poor spell linup if agro is your goal. And a poor linup if healing is your goal, for that matter, so I sure hope that's not a raid or anything-else healing parse.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

You know this entire situation could have been avoided if the person who made this thread wasn't a complete block head. Obviously there are going to be tanks that aren't good who are going to come here and call for nerfs, and the moron who made this thread gave them the perfect opening.

Can we be mad at Linden that he sucks and found a place to rant? Or should we be more upset with the idiotic thought process of Yimin, who thought somehow it would be a good idea to make this thread? Maybe both are at fault.

The parse you listed Linden, is in THIS thread and shows you aren't doing what you should be, I could re quote it and highlight the area's where your parse and the suggestions differ if you'd like?

If you want to call anyone deceitful it would be you. You talk about Mage pets and how they need to be nerfed, then you throw up an Enchanter pet parse. Then you make up blatant lies about people quoting parses outside of this thread.

You need to understand that any decent tank can hold aggro off a pet, any type of pet, easily. If you are having issues, it's cause you don't play your class correctly. Maybe you don't use a bind key, maybe your spell set is wrong, maybe you're neglecting helpful AA's. Either way that's your issue, not the pet.

You talk about raiding, I've never heard of Frayed Knot..I feel bad for them to have such a horrible player like yourself. I bet your DPS doesn't get to burn until a certain % and then you blame them for taking aggro huh? ;)

Bad players with bad understanding of the game create funny threads, that's for sure.
    Atlans likes this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Do we really expect anything less from Yimin at this point?:)
    Leex, Linden and Sancus like this.
  6. Linden Augur

Leex what you, or another other player thinks of me, means nothing. Does nothing at all. I find it fascinating that several, "End game raiders" will spend so much time to discredit me, a player that sucks so bad. Go find a player on my server that will agree with your opinion. Look, i havent gone as far as to look up your magelo, I assume your a mage, I could be wrong, I dont know what server your on, nor do I care. I dont know what guild your from, and I wouldn't take the time to find out, im sure its a good guild. thats besides the point. So many end game players, posting how badly I suck and how i cant hold aggro. Taking the time to look up my magel, research what guild I belong to. What would have offended my ego,is not the childsh insults without merit, no, it would have been complete silence. So much hate can only be received as respect. Thank you. And who says I cant generate hate? lol
  7. Linden Augur

l am going give you back your forum. Its too overwhelming to respond to all this. And I am getting private tells as well, Ill respond to those, no point in keeping this going. Oh and to the SK , I think it was ingiz? May the devs bless you with a nice boost. SK's need it.
  8. Yimin Augur

Don't be afraid of the trolls here if you look it is the same crew on every post I make , but they don't stop me from speaking my mind ...The pet tanking is a bonus for all that play EQ , they will twink it some what , if they nerf it it wont hurt me as a Mage , it might hurt some who think they are good but live only in the skill of there guild ...

Yi Min
  9. Yimin Augur

You did notice my greatness , why thank you ..

But this post is about how awesome pet tanking has been for groups , and I have not heard anyone that cant tank for themselves not like pet tanking , every single Rog, Bez, Wiz, Cleric, Druid , Ranger , Monk or Bard I have gotten past content has loved the idea of the pet tank , they don't have too sit around waiting for a War SK or Pal to get them past it any more , now they have 3 more options Bst Mage and necromancer .

What can you say about this post ,some people think they have the right to dictate too other what they can or cant say , I am just happy I don't have to put up with a people like that in guild chat vent or mumble ..

No you would of waited for the Tanks to make there own thread and dictate the chat , I follow what Sun Tzu taught me about attacking and defending :D

Again I will say this ,Pet tanking is a win for those that can not tank for themselves ,and that is many class in EQ that can't ....

Yi Min
  10. Linden Augur

Yeah and we will see how long the pets continue to absorb 90 percent of melee hits making it very difficult for a group geared tank to find a place in a group. More mages, less tanks. Thats what will or could happen. Why put a low dps tank in a group slot when it can go to dps. So you see, its not just aggro, its also, mitigation. All the devs need to do, is make a mage and make a tank, max out abilities, equal gear, etc. And put it to the test. At some point that will hopefully happen. I dont want to see anyone get nerfed, however the current changes have put tanks at a disadvantage via less desirability on the group level. Going to be a long time getting through progression for some tank classes, who cant get a group.
  11. Yimin Augur

Reduced the amount of aggro that summoned player pets generate via melee swings. A new AA ability named Companion's Provocative Demeanor has been added to allow summoned companions to generate more than their baseline aggro to coincide with this change...

Looks like the Dervs made the smart choice here ...Now too test it out in 3 hours :D

Yi Min
  12. sojero One hit wonder

You do realize that you are wrong here right? Pets are nowhere near as good as a player tank. Pet owners lose some dps to make their pets tank, while player tanks have 10x more tanking discs and abilities.

Pets are a one trick wonder that is shoot and forget. They cannot accommodate a real dps class burning right away, they do not have the ability to think for themselves and react and cast their own spells, they rely on the owner for that, and then they are limited in what they can cast.

If you are a tank and you are that low in dps, you really need to look at what you are doing, while a tank is not a dps class they are certainly able to pull out more dps than a pet, by far. You also allow the others in the group to do way more dps and the pet owner to do way more dps, thus providing the group with way more dps than having the pet tank would have.

A pet is also not able to allow a group to push itself and see what can really be done, where a played tank can.

I was able to play my zerker in some progression groups the other day because of this change, but I can certainly tell you I had to watch agro and be aware of what was going on. That is no fault of the pet owner, just a limitation of a pet tank, but we were able to get it done, and it was still fun.

The only people that are less desirable after this change are crappy tanks that have not learned to use their tools to hold agro. My SK has never had an issue with pets, and I can do some good dps. This change allows me to play my zerker more as we can have a pet tank sometimes so I get to play the class that is fun for me at the moment, and is a good thing IMHO.

I can tell by your comments that you are not one that pushes the Pally class or play with others that push their abilities and classes either. Step up your game a bit and you probably wont have these views for long.

Have a great day! Also, if you want I can help you learn to push yourself a bit more, I play on the Rathe too! send me a tell or an in game email and I will help you in any way that I can.
    Igniz, Sancus and Yimin like this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Holy cow I would do anything to have my pet absorb 90 percent of melee hits.

Are we just throwing darts at a dartboard nowadays with these random numbers? 90 percent? El oh el.
  14. Sancus Augur

Allowing us more control over our pet aggro is in a theory a good thing. The end result of this change though, whether intentional or not, was a big nerf. They completely destroyed the only CC-esque tools Magicians had, which were RS pets. They can't hold aggro worth a dime now because they don't receive the Provocative Demeanor buff.

@Linden God, what are you on about now? You've moved farther and farther away from reality as the thread progressed, which is hard to do considering how far away you were when you started. Your "facts" and assertions are just plain wrong.
    Atlans and Igniz like this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Maybe he's thinking about the lvl 56 Necro monk pet and thinking it's chain using the earthforce/impenetrable disc it's too low to have or use ^ . ^
  16. Random_Enchanter Augur

Unlikely, he is most likely thinking of an enchanter charmed pet that has been buffed with a rune spell!

it is technically avoiding a hit. . . in a way i guess.
    Igniz and Sancus like this.
  17. Igniz Augur

It's frustrating to be losing an argument because the other party is too plain stupid to even remotely understand one's arguments.

It's even more frustrating to get yet another nerf, because devs have apparently no clue about the state of the game, the classes involved or the mechanics applied.

Luckily, we have refreshingly honest members like young Linden here, who are on their righteous quest to point out on how EQ as a whole and especially classes they don't play need to be tuned to remain functioning.

But, I am sure, somewhere down the road, magicians will receive recompense for the last two years of nerfing... Oh ... right ...

Just for the "lols" to be had:

Two out of three pet classes can slow any mob in the game that is not flagged immune to slow spells.
    Two out of three pet classes can root or snare any mob in the game that is not flagged as immune to runspeed changes.
    Two out of three pet classes get a real FD (not only that crappy Fade that always fades your pet but has a chance on keeping you on aggro). Necros can even FD their pets.

Wizards out-sustain us on any distance, whereas necros out-burst us on any fight longer than 45 seconds.
    The one thing that, according to EQ lore, defines a magician, his pet, has been nerfed 4 (5?) times within the last two years. The feature magicians were tuned around since RoF started, their rains, were nerfed into meaninglessness (but hey, we would have gotten heavy rain for it, if we didn't point out that that AA was idiotic, given the recent nerf and the current mechanic-stacking). Our one and only means of crowdcontrol, our RS, can no longer fulfill this role, although they were intended to be used this way since their inception. We are lacking in DPS and mana regeneration. We have no CC and very little utility left.

DBG: The upcoming buff to mages better be damn quite extensive!
    Atlans, Zevran, Yimin and 2 others like this.
  18. Yimin Augur

After testing out the New Pet AA on my Mage and Beastlord , Provocative Demeanor has to be turned way way way up , On Mage and Bst , pet can not keep agro at all ....Have not tried out my Necromancer yet ....

Yi Min
  19. beryon Augur

I'm not arguing with your main point, but I just want to point out that bsts do not get root, and the only snare we have is a pet proc, which means it only lands on whatever the main pet is hitting, whenever the proc fires. As such, we also frequently rely on our swarm pets to park an add.

I really wish they'd discuss upcoming changes before just pushing them through. This is one of the first issues that would've come up and could have been prevented.
    Igniz likes this.
  20. Igniz Augur

You mean you "used to" park adds with pets .. sadly, not any longer, I guess.
    And sorry, I was unaware that the BST snare actually is a pet proc. It does land pretty often, but being a proc, it's quite unreliable for pulling, I guess. Sorry, my bad.