FAQ eta?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Dec 2, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

I meant to say merge, I just woke up and was more focused on my joke/finding that video than what I was actually typing.

Merge merge mergy merge merge is what I meant to say.

Sorry for my moment of stupidity, I have many.

- Don't go ignoring the merger question either. A lot of us here are praying you're just waiting to see what happens with the servers before doing anything but we have nothing official to go on.

A lot of us are stressed/worried our homes may be destroyed and feel a merger could save us all from death. Guilds hanging on a thread still like Forsaken Order on Lockjaw would greatly benefit from a merger considering there are two large euro guilds on Ragefire.

I know, aussie land isn't euro but it's a lot closer in timezone than america lets face that.
  2. Vaclav Augur

It would extend some expansions out and say for example someone decides to be annoying and blockade VP ground spawn pieces eternally - so that the server never even gets into VP we'd be blocked in Kunark forever, etc.

I'd personally go for "90 days or 30 days after content is beaten whichever is greater" - make it predictable for most, but still make sure content is defeated.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

All it would take is 54 angry people to pop another instance/two then your blockade is fixed. There will be buttholes on all servers doing stuff like this sadly.
  4. Krek Elder

Yea, instance popping would solve that. It didn't take TL but a week or less to defeat VP?
  5. Machen New Member

Perhaps one reason they would not do this is that then they won't have to fix broken content in a timely manner. Quite a few old expansions are going to be broken, I think, by the doom changes that were made a few months back. I suspect that TSS and SoF may be unbeatable now, along with possibly OOW. Even before the changes SOF was not beatable technically and SoD had to be manually unlocked--apparently a non existing raid was required to progress. They never did fix that problem. VoA is currently confirmed as either completely unbeatable or possibly beatable with a tremendous amount of luck and a great number of attempts, due to a broken mechanic in the final encounter that causes zone crashes. DBG made some sweeping changes that impact a lot of older content without, as far as I can tell, thinking through the ramifications. This gives them a get out of jail free card--if people can't beat the events to progress the server due to bugged events, it will still move on anyway after enough time, no intercession needed.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

1. What will be the minimum amount of numbers to request a raid?

2. What will be the maximum amount of numbers allowed in the DZ?

3. What will be the minimum level required to request the raid?

4. Will you do any sort of preflagging for any content aside from what is already in the game? aka keys to VP

5. Do you plan to make any changes to the instanced versions of the bosses? (NO DROP) loot for example so boxers can't farm them
  7. Vaclav Augur

Depends how many "buttholes" are involved though. If a bakers dozen (13) of "buttholes" are all doing in and lurking to pop into a fresh instance as it's forced the threshold will get harder and harder.

I'm dubious people will bother - but it's a worry I've seen mentioned on another forum. Where I kept trying to calm them and for like 2 pages I kept getting told I was wrong and it would happen again just like was happening to an EU guild on Rage. Shrug.

I'm optimistic people won't care with instancing, but some pessimists think it's a "sky falling" incident that the keying can be futzed with.
  8. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Any chance to increase the lockout timer on instance hopping for /pickzone? 5 minutes allows people to switch between 3-5 instances, and it was quite common to see people "camping" the same spot on several pickzones in clasic, and when challenged about it the most common answer was having those same people train your or straight killsteal from you as soon as they picked over.
  9. Radien Elder

Will Master Yael be instanced (Classic)?

What is the maximum number of players in an instance?

Are instances tied to guilds in any way? If I miss a guild raid, can I organize a pickup raid in an instance?

Will Mini-bosses spawn in instanced Hate? (i.e. P`tasa)

How will server kill announcements work?

How will zoning in work? /pickzone?

Will raids reset on a timer (6.5 days after killed) or on a certain day/time (ie Wednesday 9:00 PST)?
  10. -wycca Augur

Oh lord, that one is accurate.
  11. Moranis Augur

- Does anyone know if these raid instances are "locked"? I mean, if my raid force pops an instance, can some other group come in just to mess with us?
    - How is the lockout timer going to work? Do you need to actually complete the kill or does simply "entering" the raid instance automatically get the timer going?
    - Is there a time limit on the raid instance?

Thanks.
  12. Banai Augur

My big ones:

1.) Which bosses will be instanced and will all of hate/fear/sky be 1 instance?
    2.) Resets on certain day or 6.5 days after death?
    3.) Open world spawns remaining as they are on RF/LJ?
    4.) Are the servers prepped to handle 10k+ concurrent logins again? Just in case.
    5.) Will Instanced raid bosses be announced?
  13. Zhama Elder

The actual time that the server is being launched at on the 9th.
    Are you actually planning on fixing the kunark iksar quests such as greenmist/cudgel quests, which you posted you were fixing for RF/LJ and never got done?
  14. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

Hi Roshen,

There were some questions similar to mine earlier in the thread, but I since I typed them up yesterday, I'll just post them in their entirety:

1. Raid Instances - operations
    a. Will the entire zone be instanced and fully populated with mobs or will it just contain the raid encounter? Will you need to clear through the static zone to a certain trigger npc that hands out the instance, or will you open an instance near the zone in and then have to clear to the raid within the instance?
    b. What are the requirements for opening/maintaining a raid instance, will one person be able to pop the instance, or will you need to be in a raid or guild? Will you be able to add or remove individual players from the instance once it’s open?
    c. At what point does the lockout timer begin? After the raid encounter has been defeated? If it is possible for individuals or groups to open the raid, will they have the ability to do group content within the instance (if the mobs are present) and not receive a lockout timer? Alternately, if a raid fails to defeat the raid encounter, can they return again the next day to attempt or will they need to wait 6.5 days?
    d. Will there be a graveyard mechanism when an instance closes to allow for corpse recovery?
    2. Timeline planning
    a. What is the timing for the smaller expansions of LoY and LDoN? Will they be included in the 90 days for PoP, will they be counted as 90 days for each, or somewhere in between? I understand that you don’t want to think real far ahead with this launch, but PoP is primetime and if we get word that it’s going to be extended, then there will be a lot of players coming back in anticipation of playing that expansion (Al’Kabor players and such).

Demoncrusher
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

Cleaning this thread up, and removing links to sites where various software can be downloaded, and removing conversations about how to attempt to get around "True Box" detection.
    Kridina likes this.
  16. Dersk Elder

If a raid target such as Nagafen is available for instance, does the raid instance include the whole zone or only a portion of it? An instanced Nagafen raid could including named mobs such as Kobold King and Efreeti Lord Djarn. Would we see all giants like Tranix and Scarlon that are traditionally part of a raid clearing to Naggy, or just giants near naggy like Magus Rokyl? Or worse yet, just Naggy. If it's anything other than "the whole zone", the same question applies to all raid target instances.

There will be a time when Lockjaw, Ragefire, and Phinigel are all on the same expansion. Are server transfers between those servers possible/allowed at that time? We've already had transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw, and it would be nice to have the option to keep progress made on certain characters.

Do you plan to increase the availability of spawns that are bottlenecks with respect to raiding? The greater availability of raid targets also increases the need for the flags and keys needed for those raids. This becomes an increasingly problematic situation with keys such as the one for Veeshan's Peak that will be difficult for every guild to access simply because of camps like the Pained Soul and an Ancient Jarsath. While Trakanon will be easily available to every raiding party that chooses, that will only increase the demand for the harder to acquire key parts and only 90 days to do it before the next expansion is unlocked
  17. Zhama Elder

Is there any plans for allowing people to buy more satchels if they already bought them on RF/LJ?
  18. Daveed-Ragefire Journeyman

Roshen already posted yes, they are going to make it available to buy on Phinny even if your account has bought one already.
  19. Kearstin Elder

how about you actually follow what you posted for once, it's the 90 day unlock server, not the 90 day until some dev is bored and makes a poorly worded poll with 3+ options, randomly combines options to get a "majority answer" and then starts to ponder what poorly worded poll to make next
  20. MBear Augur

It is 4 years away, we might not even have servers then.
    Probably best to revisit plans for the progressing of a progression server after 4 years depending on a whole host of factors.