What Guild Will Be The First......

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blankslate, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicelee Augur

Many guilds spend a lot of time on events and lose to them, as they gain knowledge and competence in the event. To say high end guilds bypass hard raids for easy ones is quite silly. Just because guilds don't tell you how many attempts they have to do to win an event doesn't mean they are not attempting.

I know it took us under 1000 attempts to get Damsel of Decay event won. But that is information that is generally not made public knowledge. I only share it to illustrate that many people spend lots of time on hard events learning them before ultimately being successful...
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Benzarden Augur

Lies.
  3. Cicelee Augur

BTW the following statements are true-

It took ROI under 1000 attempts before they won Damsel of Decay.
    It took MS under 1000 attempts before they won Damsel of Decay.
    It took Triton under 1000 attempts before they won Damsel of Decay.
    It took IL under 1000 attempts before they won Damsel of Decay.

So as you can see, high end guilds take a lot of time and attempts at hard raids before they win. You just don't know how much time they put in...
    Silv likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

/thread derail on

How Bout Dem Cowboys :D

/thread derail off
  5. Kiillz Augur

6. Bandien Elder

Clearly you didn't understand the context of his statement, so I will help you with that. On the other subjects you have yet to make a valid point (its a raid isn't a point, just a fact).
    Zunnoab's context was in response to the OP ( why would we read that ) in the question as to when the expansion and whom will beat it. To beat an expansion, you have to beat the progression. Non-progression doesn't have to be completed to have the expansion completed. So his statement is true and your lack to seeing that by referencing non-progression raids as your roots to your argument don't hold water with me.
  7. Makavien Augur

No guild beat powar until a nerf.
    Captain tita's ghost was done using da at first .

They were the most challenging raids in the last 4 expansions besides Pillars who cares if its progression or not. And maybe Sep 5.
  8. Savager Augur

Correction: Only 1 guild beat powar before it was nerfed.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nissassa like this.
  9. Makavien Augur

No you didn't it was after the 6 weeks when the priests were bugged.
  10. Kearstin Elder

the statement: Yeah even with insane tuning the top guilds will beat it as fast as the flagging mechanism allows.

pre-nerf powar would be "insane tuning" and "the top guild" took much longer than flagging (none) allowed and based on all publicly available information no other guild beat the event until the version roi had beaten had been crippled

the devs are capable of creating an event that "top guilds" (plural) can't beat as fast as flagging mechanisms allow unless you're going with the "all top guilds could have beaten powar on june 23rd but only roi had the time to attempt the event"

can the devs? yes

will the devs? quite possibly no, because they have to cater to a broader audience than just roi so have a history of tuning "progression raids" such that roi hasn't beaten the 2nd place guild on a "progression raid" by all that much since sepulcher5

and i understand you will likely have a bunch of excuses about that one about how all the "top guilds" could have beaten but it was pretty long and it's not really a "progression raid" because it doesn't block access to any other event and the devs can't make a real challenge and the 39 day gap is because every other guild had better things to do with their time
  11. Cicelee Augur

I find it funny that people say high end raiders in high end guilds avoid hard content and instead just do easy raids.

Those same people, of course, avoid TBM and Arx missions and instead have been running Gribble's for the past two years...
  12. Qulas Augur

We beat it before it was nerfed, there was nothing bugged about the priests.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nissassa like this.
  13. Kiillz Augur

[IMG]
    Brohg and Sheex like this.
  14. Kearstin Elder

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-has-obsolete-now.228306/page-10#post-3359141

and if you have any questions about gribble ask cicelee, they are an expert on those missions
    Benzarden likes this.
  15. Silv Augur

Totally knew this thread was going to be worth watching. :cool:
    Bubbles, Mayfaire, AB-Muvien and 2 others like this.
  16. Bandien Elder

I'm not making excuses for anyone, please re-read my posts if you need to. "The statement" still holds true and this will be the last attempt to break it down for you.

You receive a lockout when you beat a raid. Therefor, when you beat something as quickly as the flagging allows (lockout to lockout jumping to the next "tier" once available) one must beat the raid first. "the statement" you quote here says nothing about anyone beating it if you were to go lockout to lockout from when the server went live (impossible btw). If you haven't noticed Decay 2 took an extra couple days due to a broken mechanic. So are you saying, since Decay 2 wasn't raided for those 2 days they were scared/weak? I don't think anyone here understands your logic.

I did find your comeback on the gribble post amusing though.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Rafather Augur

We beat PoW before any nerfs and the devs made it a point for it to be beat before any nerfs to keep it perminatly in the game.
    Bubbles likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't forget they scream to high heavens when said gribble missions are made 20% harder...because zomg tuned for raiders, not fair, /wristcut.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  19. Abazzagorath Augur

Except your argument isn't correct on the facts used as the premise. I can't speak for other guilds, but we only gave the event a couple of cursory tries because we were focused on other things at the time. We didn't even try it for a few weeks before we went back one night, learned it and had it down fairly low (we were living through the soft timer and through the hard timer, it was a matter of dps applied not surviving at all), then the next day smashed it. We spent maybe 10 hours on it total before beating it. Which is true that its a lot for modern raids, but IMO we had too many people that thought it wasn't beatable and didn't try really (I thought it wasn't beatable but the difference between the attempt when we got it close and after with the same people makes me think it was apathy).

I have no doubt other guilds could have beat it before it was nerfed too if they put the time in. Some guilds didn't EVER try it after the first day or two of it being up. It wasn't worth the time while people were working on CotF tier 3.

So at worst, the event could have been beaten 3 days after, or 2 longer than normal raid nights, if people in the top 3-4 guilds or whatever had tried.

So I don't think its reasonable to hold it up as a paragon of hardcore development when it was because most people didn't care (especially after we beat it once and everyone saw the gear it was dropping).
    Nissassa and Bandien like this.
  20. Raynrace Augur

No offense Makavien but just because it wasnt beat doesnt mean it wasnt attempted by other guilds because it was hard...

We were probably top 10 beating PoW easily and started working on it in May and didnt beat it until September, no we didnt spend every waking moment trying to beat it and never added days to our raid schedule but we still went in and tried it when other raids werent up.

After it was won we beat it until everyone had the aug they wanted and a large number of alts/bots got augs too. In the end we did PoW over 100 times/attempts.

We also beat Off raid one on our 5th attempt(12/10) 100% legit and farmed it every single week and not once did we ever DA tank any of it. It was almost a joke when it was nerfed.

I can guarantee you with certainty that ROI, Triton and other guilds did the same and never cheated DA tanking crap, we take pride in doing it the right way. Pretty positive ROI did beat war pre nerf as well, kudos to them.

Your facts are skewed...
    RPoo, Elricvonclief and Bandien like this.
  21. Makavien Augur

My facts came from members of their guild that were also members of my guild . So either they were bsing to us or they were the facts.

But really I don't care they could make content no one could beat if they wanted but thats a silly design decision.

You know what the big fuss was about the one off coming from triton it was all about the da trick .

And really if you think my post was just to bash roi you are highly mistaken it was just to point out how silly them raids were tuned in their first incarnation. Lame tricks should never have to be resorted to by anyone that has a 54 man force of real people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.