What Guild Will Be The First......

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blankslate, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elricvonclief Augur

God, remember the drama over whether PoWar should be listed in the progression rankings?
    Iila and Silv like this.
  2. Silv Augur

And who says TLP are the only servers with drama~!
    Elricvonclief, Mintalie and Iila like this.
  3. Iila Augur

It's fun!

I kinda liked when Triton was throwing snide remarks at us last year, it was entertaining.

Well, except for the guy who makes more sense as a markov bot.
  4. Raynrace Augur

I can assure you no tricks were used to beat either raid. We had a few extra healers on off 1 and set 4 sets of groups (1 caster 1 melee with tanks in each group) at ramps based on Tita's health plus 1 tank group for Tita.

Worked just fine and very few people died. The key to actually winning the raid was to get to the ramps before the adds spawned and went crazy and kill them in their spots.

There are "ways" to win raids that arent cheats or tricks. Just because some guilds win it and some do not doesnt make it cheating, its strategy, and thats why winning it before a nerf or a "fix" in TBM's 4th raid in this instance is that much sweeter.

26 guilds have beaten raid 1 in TBM and just 5 have beaten raid 4. Doesnt mean they are cheating or using lame tricks. It means they busted their butts and died over and over until they overcame the problem.
    Elricvonclief and Leex like this.
  5. Coruth Augur

Color me unconcerned with how a Guild Beats an Event.

I don't care if DA Tanked (Tita)
    I don't care if Pet Tanked (Sanctum2)
    I don't care if minis/adds were kited while a Boss was killed (Doomscale Horde/VOA Sarith?)

As long as a Guild doesn't break Geometry, exploit a Bug, I don't care how the winner wins. And the order is what the order is.

Developers have intended ways to beat things, and often do go back and change an event or a mechanic to make Kiting or Pet Tanking or DA Tanking or whatever not work.

But until they are changed, they are Legal.

How a player gets around the events is 99% of the fun of a game like EQ. Figure out a way that works for you.
  6. Atvar Augur

Since there's so much confusion, here are some Plane of War facts:
    It was released in the May 7 2014 patch.
    RoI beat it first June 23 2014.
    It took 8 lengthy nights of raiding to beat(done over 6 weeks in between regular CoTF raid nights).
    The July 2 2014 patch decreased NPC dmg output and hitpoints, added a vulnerability to priests(you could say it was bugged that they didn't have one before), increased spell bonus damage, and added melee attack bonus damage(that I believe didn't exist at all previously).

Rankings posted by Maeryn in an old thread - they should be reasonably correct:
    1. Realm of Insanity - 06/23/2014
    2. Triton - 08/04/2014
    3. Shadows of Doom - 08/13/2014
    4. Inverse Logic - 08/24/2014
    5. Crimson Tempest - 09/07/2014
    6. Freelance - 09/12/2014
    7. Ring of Valor - 09/15/2014

To sum things up, PoW was the first raid since... Mayong in DoDH took over a month to beat (mayong took 3 months). From the conversations I remember, most guilds tried it out in May, realized how untuned it was, and never went back. It still took over a month for the nerfed version to be beaten, which makes it hard for me to believe any guilds seriously attempted it beforehand. It takes about that long for a raid force to learn and take all the mechanics to memory. There's no time to wait for instructions, every individual had to simply react.

I'm not saying devs should intentionally try to re-create Plane of War all the time. It was basically luck that they managed to throw so many over tuned and semi-broken mechanics on one raid, and have a single guild barely beat it.

I would rather see something like the previously mentioned DoDH Mayong raid, who you could engage the same night you progressed to him. You had no chance in hell at winning that night or for many weeks as you farmed enough bane weapons, but at least you could try. Soft lockouts like that have proven to be effective, and "should" be able to be done without all the issues that have come with item inflation.

Give me hard raids or creative progression with soft lockouts. Either would be better than the drudgery that these past two expansions have shaped up to be - raid when lockouts clear, immediately beat new raids, rinse, repeat.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You should have seen what it was like originally on Beta, what went live was not the first iteration.
  8. Makavien Augur

Basically i didn't mean to say you didn't beat it till it was nerfed I meant you didn't beat it till it was changed to last forever , as in you didn't beat it in the 6 week time limit I apologize.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Maybe it's just me, but I do believe that Kearstin's entire point is that no one actually tried it because it was viewed as being too hard.
  10. Rafather Augur

How is that Dichotomic spell exploit on Decay coming long.........
    Elricvonclief, Vexed, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  11. Vazuvius Augur

They were mad that the magical ROI Developer guild could beat it, but they couldn't. Until lets say an unknown force informed them stacking melee was bad. It causes bad things on tanks. Then SURPRISE MORTALS!
  12. Karthos Augur

So, which of the 6 guilds to beat Damsel in Decay exploited? Well, other than Triton, apparently. Top parser for the RA win was a wizard like god intended.
  13. Iila Augur

Streaming our raids would at least get some views on the twitch channel.
  14. Robnie Augur

[Thu Dec 03 22:28:56 2015] Cilenne tells radps:4, 'hmm: | Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay in 766s, 1090769k @1423980sdps | Renotaki 69118k@(91184dps in 758s) | Lichulil pets 62420k@(82566dps in 756s) | Kraythos pets 60194k@(79307dps in 759s) | Chalupabatman 58875k@(77163dps in 763s) | Daciks 58191k@(76668dps in 759s) | Naugrin 54960k@(72699dps in 756s) | Tanols pets 51455k@(67527dps in 762s) | Daymos pets 50843k@(67164dps in 757s) | Kazden 49201k@(64653dps in 761s) | Slytherin 46282k@(62124dps in 745s)'

Our win is clean as a whistle. Wizards, Necros, and Rangers at the top.
  15. Bahdah Augur

it did not take us many attempts tbh...
  16. Naugrin Augur

I forget to put my familiar up one time and that's when you post the parse!
  17. Silv Augur

With the amount of pissing going on in this thread now, you guys are gonna get dehydrated. Grab some Gatorade.
  18. Xinj Journeyman

Your wizards are badass and gratz on the win!
    Elricvonclief and Mayfaire like this.
  19. Karthos Augur

Since you're posting parses may as well post a more accurate one.

Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay in 766s, 1157298k @1510832 - Renotaki 69118k@90232 - Chalupabatman 67755k@88453 - Daciks 66453k@86753 - Kraythos + pets 64867k@84683 - Tanols + pets 57048k@74476 - Kazden 56181k@73344 - Naugrin 54960k@71750 - Lichulil + pets 54038k@70546 - Jhenna + pets 51034k@66625 - Daymos + pets 50850k@66383 - Slytherin 42449k@55416 - Elaugmyr 42182k@55067
  20. Kiillz Augur

really? do tell.
    Axxius and Silv like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.