Warlord's Grasp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

I like the idea of Grasp/Howl sharing timer to get Grasp back. That'd be an entirely fair trade
    Dre., Forsaken_Ruler and Mayfaire like this.
  2. Coronay Augur

That means grasp could be down for what, 4 minutes? no thank you.
  3. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

He was agreeing with my previous posts to put the warlord's grasp cooldown onto fade after using grasp. Meaning if you used grasp, fade would go on cooldown for a few seconds.

Nothing was said about putting fade's timer on grasp.
  4. Coronay Augur

Ah ok. I still like the new version
  5. Triconix Augur

And you're the only one. I just had to play the summon dance with it. So pointless and stupid
  6. Mayfaire Augur

I really like this idea. Make it so, Number One! (Dzarn). lol :D

<Of course, please and thank you is implied, omg!>
    Forsaken_Ruler likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

It's not even pulling eligible mobs right now. That's clearly a bug, but oh boy was that not an uplifting development after the intentional level of nerfing.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I think everyone making a bigger deal outta this then it actually is, stop being lazy .. revert to how it was BEFORE, we had grasp .. and Warrior on.

Let them take what they want, And I will still be a warrior PEW PEW ~
  9. Makavien Augur

Well when they take everything and your a warrior with just taunt kick and disarm tell us how fun that is.
    beryon, Triconix and Forsaken_Ruler like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

LOL so true. So true.

Big useless meat sacks ftw!
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Warlord's Grasp is not even working on valid blue-con targets. I could not use Grasp for the gravitate effect on Sol`Dal or imps in the Argin-Hiz raid last night, and I've had it fail on fleeing gray cons. I hate everything in this patch that isn't about the clicky buffs.
    Brohg likes this.
  12. Repthor Augur

cuz they mega urtra nerfed ALL the Grav effects to not work on anything over lvl 100 so if it aint light blue it wont gravite to you
  13. josh Augur

i would take your solution over the current solution applied to all gravity effects. Even if they make it so that they straight up share a cooldown timer, id prefer that to what is currently implemented. it also works better to stop it as a pulling tool. i can still use gravity and fade to pull stuff it just has to be blue. your way makes it impossible to use it that way at all.
  14. Ricedogg New Member

Tanked four tonight, Grasp works like a champ on Lucia as long as your raid force bunches like its supposed too, and even if they don't you have enough of a window to get it off and drop a pet on it before it takes off... Once again, zero issues at all with this change in our raids tonight.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

I spent the last 24 hrs grouping, raiding, boxing with no issues at all. Yes we lost a few valuable tools to move mobs around(the lazy way) but everything is still there to keep your workflow the same or at lestto keep things challenging. The one click hot button to solve it all was never my thing and loosing aggro group content is either because I was chatting more then paying attention to the fight or someone decided to go extreme at the wrong time...Any warriors ready to raid with the proper AAs and disciplines as little chance to loose control over his aggro.

That's something I heard often the last few weeks..''my super mega aggro hot button with warlord's fury, Insult,Cyclone, Blast of Anger, Ageless lalala should stay solo with more control over multiple targets to control where the hate as to be sent,

So far the best advice I can offer(not saying its the only one or the best way to approach the changes) is to not mix all of your instant agro tools into one Mega huge agro burst button that will lock you down with nothing else for a few seconds and share the hate around with every single you got. You rather use you AE increased agro to feed your smaller one if you have to hold agro on multiple targets. As much as aggoing every thing off everyone in a single click was feeling OP for your personal power trip not every class could have said the same thing often leading you into more trouble then safety. Knights as much as any other buffing class because you ended up dead trying to do it all by your self and made them feel helpless trying to keep you alive or split some off you with nothing to do to get them off(even so the buff could have been clicked off before the timer run out)Now, if one or a few NPCs manage to pass by, beating on a DPS or a priest then understand that everything doesn't always weights on the warriors shoulders. Priest must be quicker, DPS smarter and tanks meaner.

Im not seeing it as a nerf but as a balanced fix. I'm sorry for those seeing it otherwise.
    Repthor likes this.
  16. Repthor Augur

i agree 100% with this post.

and if you make super uber aggro bottons. also make sure you have every singel bottons in the key dragged out on your ui somewhere so you can use them individualy as needed.

dont macro you long cooldown bottons together use them in a smart way dont waste them
  17. Triconix Augur

I concur, I don't know how some people are not noticing it failing...It's really frustrating.

Unfortunately, a tank shouldn't be relying on 53 people. A tank should be effective with his own actions and not have to worry about the actions of the rest of the raid (besides the healers, of course). And on more than a few occasions this ability just failed - even to lower con mobs. In it's current state, it's not very reliable.

And I don't know many people who bunch up and tank all the minis in the same place. During that phase she ports - doesn't run - so I'm not sure how using this ability and dropping a pet would work if she ports to someone kiting a mini across the room. Once the minis are dead it'll be fine, but let's not overlook the mini phase.

And switching mains again?!
  18. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

I went to West Karana and tried to test it. From what I saw on a LIGHT BLUE mob. It did not get pulled in with warlord's grasp. I aggroed the mob at a distance, and then used Grasp and the mob pathed to me. It was slow and that was part of the reason I liked grasp.

Additionally, I often play with enchanters that mezz multiple mobs and leave them lined up for the group to handle. With grasp NOT pulling the mobs to me, I have to now go chase them down 1 by 1 and then pull them in to the group. It is a LOT worse and was not overpowered.
    Salvado likes this.
  19. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

@orbital,Repton
    None of the warriors that initiated this post are concerned about aggro. We are handling our aggro just fine.

As was already stated, the need to nerf fade splitting damaged our only solid positioning tool. Suggestions have been offered up to prevent splitting on warriors and keep the gravity effect on grasp.

Last 3 pages condensed:
    1. Warlord's grasp did not need nerfs or balancing
    2. Unintentional bugs exist in grasp post patch
    3. Most seem to agree that putting grasp's cd on fade is a more worthy balance than the recent hits to the ability.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  20. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

I'd also like to add that if any class we're to be able to position a higher level hard-hitting mob while still being responsible for holding it's aggro and taking the punches, then the most suited class is the warrior. The only warrior niche is indeed specialization in holding, tanking, and positioning the hardest hitting mobs in the game. This is what we do. This niche is where the warrior is meant to be at his or her most useful.

*End game tank*
    We wait a long time to be ready to have a niche. End game is our place. Please do not nerf bat our abilities to fail in end game content.
    Mayfaire likes this.