Warlord's Grasp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Orbital101 Augur

They also nerfed Phantom Agressor it look like.... You could have sent the pet on a rooted mob with out it to turn on your pet while building agro or using it to counter mage pet agro on event like The Mornarch Widow that we used to keep moving to a new location with raid burning hardcore. Phantom was one way of making sure it would folllow the tank around... Now it work the same way Projection. does.. and to be honest I was more the Phantom dude then the Grasper.guy lol

Anyway... when i need to move a mob for X reason I get very angry at it and so does he. The 45 sec timer was making sure it could be done more often even so I wasnt even using it very often beside a hell lot on the Workers of Event 5. Im not seeing my self jogging around with mobs on my tail every 45 sec unless I have a good reason to do so. I grab and bring it where it belong asap to be done with it.I will move the carcass and workers from Tita if they are to close of the main raid or to close of each others,as a exemple, I will try to bring my trash closer to the MA ring for a smooth switch instead of having the raid come to me but nameds goes straight where they belong...and all that is done without Grasp

All that crap been said... I don t think anyone will deny that Grasp was better before but is as great now. I had no issues with it since the nerf. I can work around it or I can work with it. Either way with or with out there is many things that can be done. If people have fun hairs pulling mobs around then make a event out of it and make it worth it.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Exactly. LOL. I have no idea what it is about this forum that makes people react to everydamnthing like "Oh, you only blink once? <sniff> I blink at least twice, and I can turn in a full circle while doing it. You are so fail."

Not every thread is an opportunity to go all peens....is all I'm sayin'. :cool:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. We did our clear of Arx last night and I am happy to report that everything went fine. Moving Captain Tita in Arx one went better than I expected. Lucia in Arx 4 was fine too. I only noticed one weird issue in Arx 3. During the first phase when Nomia has to be moved away from the golem, when I had to move her back, about half way across the room she just stopped. I still had aggro but she wouldn't move to me so I ran back to her and grappling striked her and moved slowly backwards until I had her positioned.

So, yeah, none of it was as bad as I feared. But, I still miss being able to yank those mobs to me. Must be the cavewoman in me, I just wanna drag those bad boys around by the hair. :D
  3. Ricedogg New Member

Ya man, swapped again.. seems we had an unexpected opening occur.

But more to the point, and you know as well as i do during event 4 it 100% matters what the other 53 folks do in that raid, based on AE's etc. Every single time she warped/ported in Phase 3, grasp brought her back. Every single memblur/focus on a raid memberr, grasp brought her back. So again, nothing at all is wrong with this, the convenience of the mob getting to us faster is gone but nothing at all is wrong with the ability.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

The thread is not concerned about aggro but state that the only solid positioning tools is damaged. I need no Grasp to move a mob but I need my aggro to do it. We all have different ways of playing and it is fine that way.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Ricedogg New Member

And im telling you the mob goes right to you once you hit it. If for some reason it doesn't work for you you can use PTA or grapple. Positioning seems easy to me i guess...
    Coronay likes this.
  6. Triconix Augur

:oops: :D
    Ricedogg likes this.
  7. Makavien Augur

There was no reason to change this ability in the first place , pulling the mob to you is called exactly that pulling press the attack and grappling strike both are garbage to getting exact positioning because 1 pta pushes the npc 10 units instead of the 3 - 4 units you actually want it to , grappling pulls the mob like 3 units when you want it to pull it like 5.

If you guys did not see #1 your phantom taking aggro over you with the rage of the forsaken nerf I am not sure how . I seen it happen to multiple warriors on our raid clears since the nerf . If your not seeing the charmed pets take aggro in arx 4 again I am not sure what to say I seen it also happen 2 - 3 times . And if your not seeing FV popping up and down above other tanks again I am not sure whats going on , on your end maybe your really not looking all of these instances above were easily fixed with warlords grasp.

We as warriors have already had too many unique and cool abilities taken away from us we did not need to lose our top positioning tool that changed the entire game for us. It was a perfect ability making it possible to pull rooted or pet aggroed mobs directly to us completely getting rid of those 2 problems plus allowing us to focus more on our survivability then our hate. It already takes us about 12 - 15 abilities to get on top of the hate curve there was no reason to make that harder.

I really thought and remember just reading recently that Dzarn was looking for ways to reduce the buttons we push . Hello Dzarn the recent changes just made us push more buttons to make up for the recent nerfs.
  8. Salvado New Member

They should rename it to Warlord's Ire instead of Grasp. Why? Because we are no longer able to grasp the things we want, but we are still able to incite extreme hatred. I really only used this ability in moments where stuff hits the fan. I hated the positioning of the mob constantly behind me even when I moved back a step. I'd have to turn 180 degrees to face the mob unless lag made it rubber band and end up in front of me before I turned to face it which made it end up behind me. I will use it more now that I don't have to worry about taking it in the can when I use it!
  9. Makavien Augur

Hmm I never had that problem if you moved to the spot you wanted and stopped and countered for npc push and just pressed the mob after giving yourself a 1 or so count it would not tether behind you . At least for me /shrug. I am a little saddened every time I hit this button and the gravity portion fails to work.

Especially on the Argin Hiz imps I will be happy when we no longer do that event .
    Mayfaire likes this.
  10. Salvado New Member

You have a point, you could Grasp and make the mob path quickly behind you, slap a PTA on it to push it in front of you and hope it doesn't go out of your own hit range. I think when it failed, mob moved out of range before the gravity portion took hold or completely immune to gravity effects, snare, root, drag, etc. I like Forceful Attraction still, but that bring a few mobs around your target. The thing I loved most about Grasp was on runners. Since I don't snare or box snaring, I would hit Grasp to keep it in place as it tried to run off. I have to revert back to FA now or bust out some old snare weapons....Haha!
  11. Triconix Augur

Call of challenge.
  12. Damoncord Augur

That actually works now? It's been a while since I messed with it but when I did it had not worked.
  13. Beneden Lorekeeper

I duel wield old school snare procing weapons all the time in groups or when boxing if I know a mob will flea at low health. They proc often and it's no problem switching weapons back as soon as the snare lands. One weapon procs a snare and the other procs the SK version of snare. Good stuff.
  14. Zarakii Augur

its resisted 90% of the time in my experience in cotf/tds
  15. Repthor Augur

fixed
  16. Zarakii Augur

nice guess ill work that back into my mash keys on my warrior thanks
  17. Lianeb Augur

I think you misunderstood his quote.
  18. Zarakii Augur

yeah didnt notice the scratch out so i guess its just out right resisted huh
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

All the time, it even fails against gray cons with frequency. The Physical Resist check probably needs adjusting, assuming it is ever looked at again.
  20. Beneden Lorekeeper

I know we're getting off topic from the original post, but if you're interested in a couple good snare proc weapons, the Fabled Obtenebrate Short Sword and the Silken Whip of Ensnaring are the 2 weapons I was talking about in my previous post. I duel wield with anger augs. If the Snare proc lands first, festering darkness will overwrite it if it procs before you bandoleer back to your regular weapon set.