Warlord's Grasp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Zaknaffein Augur

Could make a ticket Here about the changes to grasp/forceful attraction and how they have nothing to do with "pulling" mobs and if they actually tried to pull with grasp it would only take them 1 second to figure out why this won't work at all to pull mobs in the classical sense, which was thier rational for nerfing all of these types of abilities.

Crupp, losing Grasps tether aspect changes how I'll do a few events and how I play and not for the better.

This really tells me that Devs didn't actually test this at all and more than likely none of them actually play a warrior and just saw that Grasp had a gravity effect so it got lumped in with the rest.

It's pathetic.

Also the changes to Brace for impact... Why? I mean really.. Why?

Also the increase to Bards fade mana cost? Really? You guys know how bard mana regen is right.. I'm pretty sure Absor knows the most about the bard class who works at DBG right now.. Did anyone ask his opinion about these changes to the bard class?

I usually roll with the punches, and am all for making EQ challenging to play, but this is a bit of an odd way of going about it.
    Dre., Koryu and Coronay like this.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Warlord's Grasp has been one of my favorite abilities since the time we got it, and none of my reasoning has to do with pulling. Anyone who has used the ability to pull a mob with other mobs nearby knows you'll be tanking all of them with your face. I love it simply for the ability to put the mob exactly where it needs to go because doing so is my job (whether in a group or in a raid). It isn't that I can't use grappling strike or press the attack, but they are much, much clunkier and extremely limited.

Example: Arx One (Captain Tita) and Arx Four (Principal Lucia) - they switch aggro and take off lightning fast, so it will definitely be interesting this Sunday w/ the nerf to grasp.

Will I and everyone else adapt? Yeah. Will it be less fun (at least for me)? Yeah. :(
  3. Makavien Augur

Yeah it was one of the newer cooler unique abilities for us which kinda is what always gets the axe dual wield tanking / no time to bleed / warlord's grasp / rage of the forsaken / and now warlords tenacity (
  4. Brohg Augur

I'm already missing Warlord's Grasp a ton :(

And it's not properly in it's nerfed form, even, I've seen that too. Which is, I presume, a bug that will be fixed. But then it will still be nerfed and greatly missed :(
  5. Triconix Augur

I don't mind the nerf to grasp as much as other abilities, even though the nerf was completely uncalled for and senseless. At least we got warning of this...the others not so much. And I love how the devs aren't even giving a reply on the stealth nerfs (or bugs) or a multitude of our abilities. Apathy at it's finest.

It's beyond infuriating how we cannot get a single response about the nerfs/bugs to AE taunt, Brace for Impact, and Warlord's Tenacity. The major change to these brings our power back to probably close to CoTF t1b.
  6. p2aa Augur

Walord Grasp pull ability was used for Lucia in Arx 4. I warned my guild that it's going to suck a lot now.
    Also Warlord Tenacity 1 minute instead of 2 minutes is a big nerf. In the 7 min 30 until defensive disc is back, it was allowing me to occupy 2 minutes there. Now I have 1 minute of time where i will get a higher risk of death. I hope we get some significant survival ability in the next expansion to compensate for this (some abilities that make a real difference in mitigation like Warlord Tenacity, Warlord Bravery and Anguish BP Guardian's Bravery)
  7. Dzarn Developer

• The duration being reduced on Warlord's Tenacity was unintended. The data in the columns for duration focus extension and being countdown held were incorrectly changed and will be corrected. The ability will once again be focused by Extended Ingenuity and will correctly count down in buff frozen zones.
    • The hit limit being placed on the recourse for Brace for Impact was intended but it was not intended to be excluded from the patch notes. The next update will increase the hit limit to 12 hits.
    • Enhanced Area Taunt was changed from putting you at 1 point of hate higher than the targets around you and then applying a spell with a 30s duration that generated 1200 hate per 6s at that radius to directly placing you 6000 points of hate higher than all of the taunted targets around you.
      • The intended benefit here was that the Area Taunt SPA does not make spell landed checks that the Enhanced Area Taunt Effect spell would have had to previously and that the immediate aggro generated for the warrior would be higher.
      • Are the benefits of an immediately higher hate amount without spell landed-checks and ensuring that the hate over time component is not blocked by the knight challenge line not as beneficial as 1200 on a per tick basis?
  8. Lianeb Augur

My biggest concern with the Grasp change was it's ability to essentially ignore mob aggro and bring the mob to you for further positioning/aggro. You would not always or necessarily be the name in the aggro meter window but the mob still came to you and you could then taunt it off.

I have not tested the change but it almost seems like they really just gave us a undivided/unbroken on a 45s timer is this the case? Does the mob still come to you (albeit walking/running) if you are not top aggro?
  9. Triconix Augur

Thank you for the response, Dzarn. For BFI, a 12 hit counter is much more acceptable than a 3 hit counter. What the duration of buff still intended though to be 10 minutes when prior to the patch it much 15+ (I can't remember how long it lasted off the top of my head)?

As for Area Taunt, you are saying that the new one now has the 6000 hate as instant cast rather than a hate-over-time spell component? If so, the new one is more appropriate and useful. Also, I don't think I saw this explanation in the patch notes?

Yes, he'll path over to you, which isn't ideal. Or he'll just summon you which definitely isn't ideal
  10. Dzarn Developer

• Brace For Impact and Impact Guard will resume being focused by Extended Ingenuity in the next patch.
    • For Area Taunt, the ability description should be updated in game to list the amount of hate over the previous target that is granted when using the ability.
  11. Repthor Augur

First off thanks for explianing and the time to respond to us on this. Secondly thanks for increaseing brace counters to 12 hits, 3 was pretty absurd. its still a nerf but i guess we gonna have to live with it and i dont understand why. AE Taunt change i think it was more of a fact that the debuff was missing and i know i had forgotten that Enchanced version was only 1200 per tick + one tick for the phantom tick so we are sometimes gonna miss 1200 hate from it thast focused by our hate mask. i know thats unintended but still i get what your sayign and if this fixes things for knights then thats good and im content with that

now the Q:n is how logn will we have to wait for the changes to take effect. the brace and tenacity changes gonna have a super big impact on the sunday raids for alot of guild as that when normaly our raid weeks start. and we whould love to have this fixed asap
  12. Lianeb Augur

A 12 hit limit is better than it is currently. Would like to see more but unsure the reasoning behind the change in the first place. It used to proc a buff for 12s, now being 12 hits we might have it for 3 combat rounds of quad hits, I guess that could be close to 12s
    Maybe a bone you can throw to us is the actual hit counter on Brace for Impact. Is there a way to limit the 70 hit counter to not proc the buff if we already have it up and running? I seem to recall the old one could or would use counters if it was already up....i could be wrong though
  13. Dzarn Developer

The next full patch should have the spell data related to these changes, so likely sometime in October, barring any more unforeseen emergency patches.

Also, I would just like to offer my personal apologies for the missing patch notes related to some of these changes, the unintended bugs as well as the delay in responding to all of the issues.
  14. Brohg Augur

Gonna be a rough month, hope those pallies have their supplemental heals ready :p
  15. Dzarn Developer

Unfortunately, the way that the limited use counter system is currently setup does not support not using a spell's charge if the triggered spell doesn't take hold.
    The order of operations for a defensive proc with counters would be:
    1. Get hit
    2. Chance to trigger defensive proc SPA
    3. Upon successfully rolling the chance to trigger use a spell charge
    4. Cast the spell
  16. Repthor Augur

can you give the host buff more counters ?? then it whould matter less if it overwrote itself. i mean it still hav the total time limit as a finity end of the "spell"
  17. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

@Dzarn -

Is it plausible to have the Warlord's Grasp level cap returned at the cost of putting it's cooldown on fade ?

I still feel that this is the best way to maintain the intended use of the warrior's fade, without reducing the usefulness of grasp's short ranged tether effect in current content.

Please return this most unique warrior skill.
  18. teduke Journeyman

If the main concern for Warlord's Grasp, Hate's Attraction is misuse as a pulling tool, why not just limit the range?
  19. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

First and foremost - There was no reason to change grasp at all.

The range on grasp is already shorter than any other "pull/tether/fling" out there. Shortening it even more would be about as bad as the current nerf. The point is not to nerf an AA that does NOT need nerfing.

Cooling down fade for a few seconds after grasp is used really just gives the pull/split nerf its dues without messing with our grasp at all.

What you get by adding the cd and giving back the level cap ->
    Everyone can still use the patched fades as intended, and Warriors still get our "cool" tether as it has always been, except that we can't split pull anymore due to the cd applied to fade when using grasp.
    Koryu likes this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Why was Brace for Impact changed? Making a sort-of-inconsistent ability less consistent seems to be moving in the wrong direction.
    Mayfaire and Koryu like this.