Ragefire Update May 22 @ 5:45PM PDT: The AFK Problem, Fix INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 22, 2015.

1. Vessen Lorekeeper

Game is too hard to just move around and click things. TOO HAARDD!! NERF IT OP !!!
  2. Romen Lorekeeper

This isn't the first game that has problems with long wait time to log in or people staying afk to avoid it. Acheage had similar problems. They also implemented an AFK autologout. They also had a queue system, but I think that was already in place. This problem isn't unique to EQ.

I would assume they can tune the amount of time one is allowed to be afk. Hopefully it isn't too short - it is quite possible someone may need to be afk say 15 minutes. But someone afk for hours clearly doesn't need to be logged in. It may not fix all the login wait issues, but it should help.
  3. Wizard New Member

They aren't saying anything because they may decide to do it still. They want to try a code solution first. If they were totally against it don't you think they would have said so by now? They were considering options other than just the afk situation. That's why they said they were considering all options.
    Tarvas likes this.
  4. darkerosxx Lorekeeper

Who said hard, I said classic, chump.
  5. Oakenn New Member

So what about when luclin releases? Are the servers going to be able to handle a 1,000+ people AFK in the bazaar plus normal population?
  6. Machen New Member

Also, will this solution kick people who are at sitting at character select, since they aren't afk in game.
  7. Steampunk Augur

What is your basis for this well-thought-out evaluation? Advanced education in systems management and/or computer design? Years of work in network administration? Anything?
  8. Grish Augur

Listen guys, if we pay to play your game, you need to accomodate all of us. Some people log in and just sit and talk, or do tradeskills in the same spot. If I ever get kicked out for doing that, it will be the end of my time here.

Regardless of any of this, if I want to pay to park my toon on the server, I can do that. You need to accommodate all your paying customers, or you will lose many of us. It's really as simple as that.
  9. vardune Augur

Logout so i can spend 6 hours trying to get back in, nope.
  10. crag79 Augur

Have they already said that offline trading won't be available as far as the bazaar? And since everyone keeps bringing up the queue from WoW, guess what WoW has an autologout if you afk for to long that takes you all the way out of your account. But again because that doesn't bring on a second server we completely skip that fact to get what we want. Stop asking for another server. DBG already said no.
  11. Yalikteniel New Member

best post yet on this subject!
  12. Oakenn New Member

I think 1 hour is a fair auto logout time. Clearly if you have not moved your character within 60 minutes you are asleep or not at home.
  13. smoon7 New Member

I was going to try and respond with something more intelligible, but you probably wouldn't comprehend that either...

Excellent display of your ignorance, in that you know nothing of me. By the way, I have only one account.
  14. sihpa Augur

LOCKJAW LOCKJAW LOCKJAW!!!
  15. Healiez Augur

Can we please get a maybe, not happening, or yes to the additional server answer... It is one of the most asked questions the past 24 hours
    sihpa likes this.
  16. Rolien Elder

Huh I wonder how this AFK thing will affect people who are just using the follow command. I know I see a lot of boxers with multiple characters just following never attacking or healing.

If this kicks people who are boxing characters because their doing nothing but following I will lol greatly.
  17. Gwoben Journeyman

What if i want to leave a character in commonlands overnight to watch prices? I am not allowed to do it because what?
  18. Goredrinker New Member

another server++ with identical rules
  19. Mardy Augur

Server is up, stop chatting, get logging :)
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

We're bringing Ragefire back up now!