Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. guado Augur

If you're being outhealed by those classes you mentioned, they are simply skilled at their class. Pushing the right buttons in the right order will make you a better healer than all those classes. Except maybe shaman. Rain heal and HoT ? Yeah that's EZ mode.
  2. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

might be getting ready for that pok revamp they talked about years ago =D
  3. guado Augur

The only reason they should do ANYTHING to PoK is if the next expansion is indeed PoP 2.0. They need to make room for new NPCs. If this is not the case, then I agree with what all others are saying, about Freeporting PoK.
    Lisandra, Silv and Yinla like this.
  4. Omnicronimous Journeyman

Wait... Did I read that clerics aren't the best class at healing? Is this for real?
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

PoK doesn't need a revamp, 12 year old content needs putting back the way it was before yesterdays patch.
    Diptera and Caell like this.
  6. guado Augur

It depends on the skill of a player. Surrounding circumstances can change everything.
  7. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

Really?

All the issues that have been blazing this board since Daybreak took over, THIS is the best use of developer time?

/boggle
  8. Fendy Augur

Might as well get rid of shadowrest and give the corpse summoners in the lobby the ability to summon decayed corpses. If this is even still a real need.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as the zone stays there, i have a corpse there with my original epic 1.5 on it :)
  10. Marton Augur

Holly, why were so many PoK vendors removed?
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Karthanon Augur

Daybreak doesn't want to pay imaginary NPC's to just stand around, I guess ... ?
    Mintalie, Lisandra, Marton and 2 others like this.
  12. Randragon Augur

They had to layoff some of the PoK Vendors to rehire Developers.

You think money grows on trees?
  13. Tyraxor Augur

This game needs Voxels, it's all so easy.
  14. Galliana Elder

As it is putting a halfling in one room was mighty lazy design. It's impossible to target him when the fatties fill the room. At least the large banks have humans.

Completely off topic, but does anyone know if there was a storyline behind the female high elf in Firiona Vie? Her name was a play on Wells Fargo, Wella Fargin, I think. If you hailed her, she would complain about her brother, the other banker, and how she wanted to return to Felwithe and only marriage would get her out of the job. Anyone remember this?
  15. Maxe Augur

Shake things up. If you have to remove npcs in PoK - by all means do so. While you're at it, condense the special mercenary npcs next to the crescent reach zone and the defiant jewelry vendors into 1.
  16. Fendy Augur

Put all the spells for each class on one vendor then get rid of the extras. Move all the teleport stones into one central area. No wait. Consolidate them all into one stone that we click and then pick our destination. I'm sure we can consolidate PoK to a quarter of it's size.
    Caell and Meatball like this.
  17. Meatball Elder

Just click this on the loading splash screen:
    [IMG]

In all seriousness, the immersion destruction is quite strong as of late, I hope it is not a trend.

I guess you really do have to burn a village to save it.
    Caell likes this.
  18. Garshok Augur

Uh, guys? The PoK vendors were a great trick for April Fool's but it's a bit early. Or are we being set up for an EQ version of 'Left Behind" for the next expansion?

I've gathered DBG has figured out that lots of folks don't like having their cheese moved; I know I am not looking forward to my next tradeskill run. I am assuming that there is a reason for this.

If there is - can we just get something added to update notes like 'We've had to consolidate many of the vendors to make space for new mobs we will be adding in a future update' or 'we are nearing the limit of what we could put in PoK' or whatever it is - so we don't just assume that one of the devs got into some leftover eggnog and went on a bender?

I would like to think that most EQ players will accept change, even change they may not like, if they can see that there's a reason for it. On the other hand, there have been a lot of changes that just don't seem to make sense. Without a reason this would seem to be one of them. Putting out the reason/rationale for changes like this would help.

**ANYTHING** Daybreak can do to inform players of the reason why they make some of these decisions would help after the experience of the last year or two.

(In the meantime, assuming there is a reason for the changes . . . any chance someone can have as a side project 'rationalizing' who has what where a bit? But if so, putting any resuklting changes out all at once so there is only one more big moving of cheese to readjust to, and not a lot of incremental ones?)
  19. Maxe Augur

I don't know, but I'm leaning toward your parenthetic suggestion @Garshok. If they're going to make more help npcs and possibly PoK based adventures, they would need to thin out a lot of those npcs that are just redundant. I'm hoping for improved shrouding stuff with neat loot and more options for experience gain with your friends.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Why wasn't this pushed out to Test first?
    Meatball likes this.