Quick update for EQ!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Put the Plane of Knowledge vendors back the way they were.

We now have mixed tradeskills items of vendors and empty rooms where tradeskill vendors have been for the last 12 years. Heaven knows where you have put the fletching stuff, neither of the vendors in the fletching room are there.

Tradeskill vendors were not broken in Plane of Knowledge before todays patch....they are now.

Guess I'll be using Crescent Reach and Abysmal Sea for tradeskilling in future, at least there the vendors make sense.

My patience with EQ "fixes" is wearing thin.
  2. Imrahil Augur

I haven't been online, why were the traders changed after so many years???
    Caell and Yinla like this.
  3. Kellaer Augur

Uh What did you ask him for? What did he ignore? Do you even know who he is? Do you even know where you are right now?
    Lisandra and beryon like this.
  4. Fendy Augur

No need to move to Crescent Reach or Abysmal Sea to do your TS shopping. Just move to the small bank. All the TS vendors you need are on that platform.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Windstalker Executive Producer

Thanks folks! Still eyeballing.
    Zujilli and Lisandra like this.
  6. McDougal Augur

Only lowlifes hang out at the small bank. That Troll woman there is ghastly.
  7. Doozy New Member

I guess I'm getting too old to understand all this....my wife and me have
    had five paid accounts off and mostly ON since 2001 , and the forums are
    always fun to watch , but even though I agree with some of the complaints
    I must say all this "danged if you do , danged if you don't crap is getting old"

Give the new folks a chance to revive our beloved Everquest .

We have received a ton of communication from developers recently , which is a welcome change from the recent past. Some of these posts remind me of when wifey and me decided to try out wo......err that other game for a couple months and were contantly pestered by a bunch of snot nosed brats whose only purpose was to bother people.

We're back home now and looking forward to new and better things !

Doozy
  8. beryon Augur

Which makes it all the more puzzling that they suddenly felt they needed to muck with every other vendor in PoK. They already put consolidated vendors by the sb. There's absolutely no need to make PoK look like a ghost town and way more confusing for people who are used to where the vendors have been for the past umpteen years. Plus sites like EQTraders & Zam are now going to have to have all their vendor listings changed around, which is going to confuse the hell out of people trying to tradeskill in the interim. Not to mention the wonderful art of vendor diving, many tradeskillers' favorite pastime. Having only vendors with full or near full inventories is going to kill this off.
  9. Kysor New Member

Not sure if this was said already or not, ( I got to page 15 and got sleepy) but one thing that I think would help would be to make all expansions free. I understand that EVE online is nothing like EQ mind you. They have a larger playerbase whereas EQ doesnt now. But, as long as your paying your subscription, you get an expac when they launch it.

I dont have any experience in running a company or marketing a product or what ever. But if it works for EVE online, its has a good chance for working with EQ.

I would love to see some advertisements being made. I had thought EQ had been shutdown until a couple years ago when a friend just happened to post something on Facebook pertaining to the game.

And with the way the economy is now, food and fuel prices are climbing, job opportunities are still low, companies lowering worker hours, Healthcare insurance going up in some cases. Paying just for the necessities is getting harder and harder. For some folks 15 bucks a month to go to a game is probably the only free cash they have, and then having to shell out 40 bucks for an expac isnt an option for them. That 40 means a meal, or an insurance payment, or even a weeks worth of gas for them to get to work.

I think it would help. Could draw back the veteran players, bring in the cash strapped college crowd, and might even entice the parents of the kids at home to give in and pay for little Billy's subscription since he did well on his report card.

Just my thoughts.
  10. Maxe Augur

Fletching merchant is by small bank, with many of the other merchants. I believe FIND still works. Maybe yours doesn't.

@ spell drop rate complaint in TDS: Read the patch notes. (they already did that)

And yes, the game needs a lot more advertisement. I only knew the game still existed because I checked it for nostalgia reasons. That's not how you attract new customers.. Even when I try to get my friends in the game it's hard to hook them in to trying just based on the fact many of them haven't heard of it or thought it was gone. 16 years of profit is a huge thing for an MMO, be proud, put it in your commercials that you need to make and air.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Galliana Elder

In the last few days, the company has fired Dzarn and messed up the POK tradeskill merchants for absolutely no reason.

How do you think this looks? Really?
    Fenudir, Caell, Jeanmirac and 5 others like this.
  12. beryon Augur

FWIW I found the fletching stuff on the lonely smithing merchant over on the east end of the zone. There is zero indication he carries anything other than smithing supplies, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to help people. Looking for fletching supplies on the find list will only take you to the small bank, so the whole thing seems kind of pointless. God, it's so sad walking around & seeing all these empty buildings.

Also, I just confirmed that Deepwater Ink, Nodding Blue Lillies, & Crystallized Sulfur are all being sold in unlimited quantities on the poison vendors, for 6p, 8s, & 3s respectively. The silver is not a typo. (No idea why the ink is so much more when it makes lower level potions.) No advance warning, after I spent all that time farming for my final alchemy push. /Sigh.
    Lisandra and Zujilli like this.
  13. Tyraxor Augur

I hope it gets sold to someone who cares.
    Cause whoever does stuff like this Pok change really doesn't care.
    Memories when running through such zones is all that some players have left these days, i mean this is just unreal that any dev spends time on taking that away.
    Caell, Ferry-Tunare and Imrahil like this.
  14. Melanippe Augur

Why in the world of Norrath would someone decide to turn the Plane of Knowledge into a near ghost town? Were the number of NPC's in PoK suddenly about to exceed the zone limits or something? Add the problems created when this happened, i.e.: Alchemy ingredients suddenly on a Poison Vendor, Baking ingredients on a Smithing vendor, etc., etc. NPC's that have occupied a place in Plane of Knowledge since the zone was launched suddenly vanishing for no apparent logical or sensible reason, crowding the small bank area (Note: we call it small for a reason) with more NPC's which, naturally, creates congestion for the players...Good grief!

How much time was spent doing this? WHY? Frankly, unless there was some potentially game-breaking crisis looming if those NPC's were not banished the alteration makes no sense whatsoever! I would assuredly appreciate some kind of explanation to justify the time and effort spent to do a major alteration to a zone which, on the surface, did not seem to be presenting a problem.
    Barton, Fenudir, Caell and 5 others like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Small bank is always too crowded, especially at Frostfell.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  16. Borek-VS Augur

Putting more stuff at Dogle Pitt bank is counterproductive - I lag out and crash often just running past it.
    Dre. and Barton like this.
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

Please tell me the Dzarn situation is one of the things you read here/elsewhere and it's, at the very least, being seriously considered bringing him back? :(
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Serriah_Test Augur

Once these decisions are made, they are almost never unmade.

There are very few circumstances where they recall an indefinite layoff.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

True but I would hope a massive public outcry would be one of those circumstances :p
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Ferry-Tunare Augur

When you guys got together to decide what you wanted to do moving forward, this was the decision? Please help us understand.