Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Absor Developer

At the same time, the feedback is useful. A UI update is certainly something we would like to do, but, you know, we have to do X things with Y resources and all that. UI revamp is very time consuming, which makes it a challenge to get into a schedule.

A
  2. Maxe Augur

I'd rather you spent the time creating new content, tweaking TDS and releasing new expansions for LoN as well as making sure associated loot is heirloom like it should be. If you need item IDs for things that need an heirloom tag in LoN, let me know and I can compile your team a short list.
    Yinla and Fenudir like this.
  3. Axxius Augur

EQ1 dev team has nothing to do with LoN. Thankfully.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for responding, Absor.

While an updated UI would be nice, (I use the default), I'd place it lower on the priority list than bug fixes and new content.
    Tarvas likes this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

I just want a numbered Extended Target window

Thats it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Silv Augur

Despite how "dead" EQInterface may seem these days, there are still many ambitious creators who enjoy doing UI work. Dunno if you've already tried but may be worth a post or PM to someone over there. Just a thought; I've had a few people do tweaks and such to satisfy my OCD the past few months :D

Like some, I rather the time be spent on other issues as well. Now that the "combine all" is in (which I don't consider a UI issue), I think there are enough external sources to appease the masses. Does it suck having to use another source? Sure. However, Holly acknowledged the importance of external sources to EQ and even gave some a shoutout. Why re-invent the wheel? There are already many superior options available (sorry default!) for the UI created by players, why waste official time on it...?
  7. Brohg Augur

A lot of how slow EQInterface moves now has to do with how much more stable the user end of EverQuest has become.
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

my idea for the UI. dont touch it... there is NOTHING wrong with the UI window.
    Caemien likes this.
  9. Maxe Augur

Then who does? Where's my new LoN expacs and why are they removing loot from the loot tables? It's stuff people want and will buy packs for. It makes no sense to remove it.
  10. Riou EQResource

They fired/moved the entire LoN team like 1.5 years ago
    Yinla and Iila like this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Show some raid members on map. e.g. MAs, raid leaders, etc.
    When raid leader says 'come to me' and he/she is halfway across the zone, down 37 different tunnels, etc it is a real PITA.

Being able to see them on map (and maybe even be able to hit the 'Find' button and get a path?) would be great.
  12. Silv Augur

Edit: Nevermind. After re-reading and messing around in game figured out what a post was talking about.
  13. Caell Augur

Why not have a have a contest to update the default UI, offer a free year sub or SC or something? It won't cost DGC anything and it would get the default UI a new look.

At the very least a sensible arrangement of the default UI for new and returning players at several of the more common resolutions wouldn't take a lot of time, and would ease people into getting setup and into the game much easier. (This could be sourced from the community as well.)

I would like to see:
    • snap alignment along corners and edges, to make it easier to get the individual windows lined up when arranging windows.
    • ability to anchor window components to screen edges and other windows, allowing stretching/shrinking to some degree of window resolution without losing basic layout.
    • along with anchored windows, chat windows that would stretch/shrink as window resolution goes up and down.
    • chat windows that would size equally across an area (i.e. I have 4 chat windows open next to each other across the bottom of the screen, I would like them to all be equally sized when highlighted, and select something like "size windows evenly".)
    There's my 2cp.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

The only UI changes important to me would be simplification, which really isn't a UI thing.
    Xanumbik likes this.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

Word?

Ill give that a try, I mean there is one on there. But the numbers are on the wrong side (IMO). Maybe ill shoot that cat a PM.
  16. Angahran Augur

My UI has a numbered Extended Target window (all 30 slots are numbered).
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

UI update?

Don't break anything that isn't broken....

I'd rather have an Illusion Keyring at this point...
    Caemien likes this.
  18. Ozark New Member

One idea is ability to back up your UI with all your hotkeys. I dont believe that is available. I've tried to copy all the UI files when I have to wipe my comp but it never works. End up with 1 hr of putting it all back together again.
    I agree with chat tabs instead of having to make diff windows for diff stuff.
    Illusion Keyring sounds good too to free up bag slots.
    I dont know if this is available or not but a way to play your playlist on your computer instead of EQ music. Save bandwith not having to run youtube etc in the background. (I know not UI but extra suggestion).
    No quest/achievement window popping up while pulling/in combat. Maybe make the default pop up minimized little bar or one of the buttons that pop up to tell you about current events in Norrath.

Anyway thats all I can think of right now.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm happy with the windows themselves, but we desperately need more filters. Deadly Strikes is my pet peeve, just being able too turn that off would be a great improvement.

A separate filter for emotes would be great too.
    Caell likes this.
  20. Ursaelus New Member

I would LOVE if you could be able to individually resize any hot buttons window to permit fewer buttons, 4, 6, 8, 10. This would make it easier to organize my hot buttons, so I could keep offensive abilities on one, defensive on others, etc., without having to deal with any excess unused buttons.