Your DCUO Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dragon Power, May 24, 2017.

1. AZPrime Active Player

Here's one I don't think was mentioned yet; people who skip the group of enemies you're fighting to get a head start on the next group.

It happens way more often in duos, but I've seen it in alerts as well. You jump in to fight some enemies, and the other person in there with you runs ahead and start fighting another group of enemies. I don't know if it's to make things go faster or if they think you can solo that group, but no matter what it's still annoying. Bonus points for when they get themselves killed and you have to rush over there to save/revive them.

Then there's people in the open world content that intentionally steal your objective and then leave without helping with the enemies. I know most of us share credit, but when you have a bunch of enemies swarming you it can be a kick in the pants to have someone swoop in, click the gear and leave you fighting without lifting a finger otherwise. Click the damn thing and then help with some enemies, at least. Worse if they're from the opposite faction, they you don't get credit AND get stuck with the enemies.

Part of it at least has to do with the platforms; not just that console gamers have a different mentality than PC gamers or stuff like that, but I've been told that it's also harder to type on the PS platforms than on the PC.
  2. Isif Committed Player

Coming up with a reverse PoT formula, only to have it ruint by the revamp and non-overwrite PoT. Dang you DC! Any test peeps have the new numbers? :p
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

You might notice this player is doing this intentionally.

4. Gimpy Loyal Player

:eek:
    Everyone knows that it took Jelly 10 days on test before learning to block n roll in the wind tunnel right?:oops:
    I'm kidding, I'm kidding!
    w/ skills as a pet peeve prolly more like 3 weeks

:p

To the guy upset about ppl not posting in chat,

on PS ( unless they have a keyboard attached) using the controller to type equates to a PC player using a "digital keyboard" and the only way to navigate is with the up, down, right, left arrows and selecting 1 letter/character at a time.
  5. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

Playing any hard content require me to have a proper tank build... Oh how I wish there is an efficient tank build that also allow me to role play as a kryptonian...
  6. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Another pet peeve...

For a game based on comic books, where powers and abilities work in many varying ways and counter ways. Any and every enemy can stop me from fleeing no matter how high I am in the sky, fast I'm running, how far away I am or how strong I am.

Be it a street thug with a gun, or a titan from Apokolyps.
    [IMG]
    On one hand is my powerful toon, on the other is every enemy in the game...i just dont get it.
    • Like x 2
  7. SSB Active Player

The people that constantly beg someone to make them a league.

The guys that duel right in front of the broker like everyone wants to see them fight.

The people that hang around the broker that send you tells asking you to buy them a certain item that cost 3-4 mil and they'll trade you for it. Obvious scam. When they see you've bought it they log out and go collect their money.

The folks that beg for auras or aruas that want plasmics and smokes.

The guys that refuse to move in a duo with me while I'm in healer role but die when I go dps.
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

My Lord the list of things that piss me off is long LOL! I'll just hit some of the main ones I don't think was mentioned and maybe some that were idk.
    First and foremost I hate when someone wants to tell you something and calls you by your role....It doesn't even have to be directed at me to irritate the piss out of me sadly..i.e. healer blah blah blah...like fr? I have a name..not a hard one either and it has less letters than healer too. I mean is it so hard to say Charm???? lol that just burns me up..
    Another would be when someone calls you a "he" and don't get me wrong I know ALOT of guys play female toons but when I say "she*" don't question me like this is a test or like you think I'm gonna volunteer to show you my stuff to prove my gender b/c thats insane and creepy lol.
    Another would be the nasty inappropriate tells that get sent randomly when you don't even know the person! (this will get you put on ignore instantly) I mean like fr?
    Last one I'll name is a slow tank......I get sometimes movement mode slows you down but ffs when all of us are ahead of you by half the map we have a serious problem and I main tanked for a couple years before switching to main heals but still have a tank alt so I know the things that can slow you down some but not to that extent.
    Ok I lied one more lol a troll who doesn't PoT or doesn't dump..like why are you in troll role? I have ran into way too many trolls who either only PoT and never dump or only dump and never PoT and as a main healer I kinda need both in my life lol.
  9. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Bugged feats it drives me insane. First you got to deal with the ridicolous RNG in the game so after 9 or 10 runs you finally get Soviet Supergirl to free her for the feat complete the mission and no credit for freeing Soviet Supergirl. This enrages me to Trigon levels.

Trying to grab as many SP before stats revamp. Please fix bugged feats.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

1. When people leave me with adds to get to door before a boss, when you need to beat all adds to proceed. (in a duo)
    2. When you queue for something while doing open world stuff (as you are unsure how long queue times take), then right at a crucial open world moment (say Starro bounty or the Applied Science mission) the queue pops when you are stuck in animation, and accidentally click accept. Worse when it sends you straight to instance after click.
    3. Linked to 2. - when someone ninjas you into an instance when you are mid something crucial in open world.
    4. When people only do basic weapon attacks in content and expect you to carry fully. Worse when you're the only person with a load out.
    5. In last boss Starro raid, when everyone except you gets possessed and you get killed by everyone. :(
    6. When your Sorcery/Earth and your pet lets you down when you need it most against enemies.
    7. When you die between pressing soder cola and it taking effect.
    8. When you die between activating supply drop and it taking effect.
    9. When your doing one of the Quicklime missions and suddenly 4 Starro adds spawn near you and start attacking you as you are milliseconds away from finishing.
    10. When you don't get credit for the Starro bounty after dying and returning to bounty despite having done damage to him.
    11. When you disconnect after dying from Starro bounty. (and therefore miss it and don't get credit)
    12. When your doing that turret mission in Starro CC and you are about to pick up your last supply, then a NPC picks it up instead.
    13. The electricity test protocol part of the Applied Science mission. Kinda impossible to solo with powers like Nature, HL or Electricity. Spending 20 minutes searching for someone to help/carry you through this mission (assuming you even get credit, they might just one shot the Starro adds and leave you having not got credit)
    14. Linked to 9. - When your doing the Quicklime and the Atlantean/Citizen waits until just before you finish the quicklime to interrupt you.

There are many more, most of these are Starro event related.
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

#13 ugh i cant stand it when doing it on my HL. Nature i dont have issues cause of harvest. But when all 5 starros do that push back on ya its super frustrating. With HL there is no way to keep your combo chain going because of that :mad:
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

1: when ppl mispronounce my easy name. i kid u not. ive been called "Physic-Oh" on mic, im not even listening because its so far off from Psycho its laughable.
    2: being fire for 6 years and the same ppl ask me to troll or heal. lol. that'd be some miracle. ive literally lost track of the times its happened.
    3:turrents.i cannot stand when ppl say "turrents" instead of turrets as they bark orders in Prison Break. hilarious.
    4:"scrim me bruh" seeing children lose in duels and proceed to shout scrim me at one another.
    5:1$ undercutters
    6:the people who sell grey garbage on the broker to con new players. be ashamed.
    7: the unpunished speed hacks
    8:Mmook.com
    9:My Gorgon Hands not dropping tho, running everything possible since release. silly rng, you adorable thing.
    10: the biggest 1 of all, Omnipotence losing all meaning. theres no longer joy in crazy rare drops. buying omnipotent items kills the feel of the original omnipotent items
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I should also add:

15 & 16: Swamp Thing is obnoxious to battle. Firstly he likes to leap from one side of the room to the other, which is annoying given the mechanic of speaking to the HAZMAT guy to lower his defense. Also if you're a pet power, having the pet deplete its power when Swamp Thing's shield is up, and having to charge the pet's power up again just as Swamp Thing raises his defense again.
    17: Any leaper bosses. You know, the ones that decide to jolt from one side of a room (sometimes a big room) to the other, just to annoy you (especially if your camera is pointed in another direction). *cough* Steel in that Starro duo
  14. Ully Committed Player

[IMG]

Nuff said.
    • Like x 2
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

*raises hand* I do that and here's why...

Being a Fire DPS it gets aggravating to use Fireburst only to have your teammate kill the guy before it goes off. So, I rotate between Fireburst and Flame Cascade. If I do a cascade and only see a little health left I go to the next group. This way the flow of play keeps going and I don't waste power.

Of course, if I see my partner struggling then I won't do it. But overall this does work well as long as both of you are on the same page.
  16. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I seriously get aggravated when I been in the broker shopping and exit but can't move because I'm blocked in by other toons.

I guess that makes me claustrophobic.
  17. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Most have already been listed but I am going to give my top 3 player related ones. So here we go:

1. Top of the list has to be people who are just complete Richard Grayson about things for no apparent reason. I will not elaborate too much into it, but I know for a fact most of the people would not run their mouths in real life. So it is a bit annoying to see their inflated ego on a video game. Thankfully there is the /ignore option but it is still super annoying. Don't get me wrong. Despite everything I would still say that the vast majority of players I have encountered are awesome. I have already met some very cool people on here. In fact I have only had two encounters of this nature on the game, and I am pretty sure that they may have been the same person as they both had the same word (Hellz) in their name. I replied to a person who had been shouting in LFG for 10+ minutes, and I joined the raid just to help out because I am a nice guy like that. As soon as I join this kid is smack talking me for being munitions. All through the match he is just apparently watching the scoreboard and smack talking using cliche' terms like "Exposed". Then there was the whole "quit DC" and all that yadda yadda. He had originally stated he would out score me if I didn't spam the "Cheese gun" which I believe is either the Big Gun SC or Rail Guns? Well, I don't use the SC even though I probably should and more so I play smart as opposed to scoreboard chasing. Even then, he didn't top me. He didn't even come close. The bad part is that he has probably been playing for 10x as much as me and I already beat him in CR. I also had a whopping 116 SP at the time. The second one wasn't as bad since I only caught the last part of it. A friend was in the Prison Break instance and they had made it to the second boss? Some army guy and there's turrets around? Well he is a healer and asks me to come help out. When I show up there is another girl in there who just showed up at the same time as me. She doesn't even try to do the mission. She just keeps repeatedly starting the disband vote. Thankfully I don't often try to kick people. So I was able to resolve that issue. We beat it the first time without her. Again, I just never saw the point in deliberately being a dirt bag to a complete stranger. From GTA to DCUO I always find that treating people cool pays off better in the long run.

2. I forgot about this one while typing the one above. I can't stand scoreboard chasers. Now don't get me wrong. If you want to be first on that split second list everyone closes out before they leave then be my guest. I am not talking about anyone who tops the boards in general, but rather I am talking about the people completely desperate for validation. So they join a TEAM instance but they don't play as a team. I am sure you've met one somewhere along the way. The healer/tank/troll goes down and they can be right next to them, but they will let them die completely instead of getting them up just because that split second could cost them the #1 spot. I know that typically support roles may be tasked with getting players up, but I just think that when a raid consists of 5 DPS and 3 support roles that really the DPS could be spared instead of one of the more critical roles. Or they will run into a boss fight and lock everyone out. Yup, I'll never forget Justin Credible running into Bombshells and saying "I got this in group chat". Then dies, blames everyone else, and spends the rest of the instance arguing about it. Or the second time I ran Rip In Time and the same thing happened. Again, maybe I am the Richard Grayson but really I will take a team win on the instance over a split second scoreboard that means nothing and us dying repeatedly.

3. Childish bickering in public chats. This is right up there with everything else and probably the fastest way to get on an ignore list. I know I have had to ignore EatMyDamage or something like that on every alt I have since it seemed like they were on every second of every day, and for some reason had nothing better to do with their time. What makes it worse is when they are doing it in Trade/LFG chat. I guess the "crowd" makes them feel cool, but really most any adult player would look at them as childish, petty, and annoying. The only thing more lame is when the person claims that they started the argument for their amusement. Maybe I have a different definition of the word "cool", but it definitely isn't someone who wastes their time starting trash for no reason.
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Not getting exceptional recovery kits
  19. killercomic Dedicated Player

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic @@#$$% hatreds- George Carlin

People in game with legitimate gripes that NEVER use the forums.
    The fact that the Brown Nose Brigade would shout them down if they did.
    Pet people who gather around a vendor with their pet still out.
    Being stupid enough to trust the Devs to get stats revamp right when I can't even customize my toon correctly.

[IMG]
    Helmet won't go white, Legs and gloves supposed to be all ONE color.
    TOO MANY TYPES OF CURRENCIES!!!!!!
    Rip Hunter.
  20. DC Urban Committed Player

Seeing a npc and knowing my character can never that cool.