Your DCUO Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dragon Power, May 24, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Im not quite sure how daybreak is to blame. The player makes the choice of what weapon to use. Daybreak doesnt choose it for you. Scissor kick and flip slash have been doing way more dmg. Before that it was 1h and dual wield were the strong weapons. Maybe its before my time but ive been playing 4 years and dont remember a time where pistols did great dmg. And if its because people use pet powers and the pet does most of the dmg well HB and 1h will do more overall with the pets in raids and alerts. To me thats the players choice, especially when there are options out there that are better ;) Maybe im misunderstanding what ya mean tho.
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

One of the big reasons that option was added: Mepps would be get them during the live cast. I remember the day he got 3-4 of them in less than five minutes. Made a comment to Spytle about having to do something about it. Two weeks later it went live.

My own pet peeves -

• People who push/pull the targets out of Inferno. Leave them there! Don't scatter them around so I can't hit them all at once again.

• Broker listings for $1 less than the previous post.

* People who enter an instance and make you stand there for 30-60 seconds before beginning without saying or typing anything.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

:oops:

*looks around innocently and whistles*

LoL I'm guilty of that once in a while. If I just recently been in a group that failed to finish the same instance, I will usually start checking people's gear the next time I try the instance. It's a product of equal parts boredom and mental anguish brought on by the frustration with the previous fail group LoL
  4. TheUnholyTaco New Player

Villian Main - My 2cp (from least annoying to most frustrating)

1. Broker Prices justified by Old Player bankrolls: "Making 10 mil a day is easy!" Sure, if you have no job, no school, and/or live with your 'rents/on the dole. However, I have 3 hours a day to play and 1 hour of those is doing my AF3 dailies (including que times). Unless I get really lucky, most of my drops for running older content are garbage. SM/CM broker sales only go so far and even targetted running for expensive styles yield nil most times. Being undercut on the brokers 5 minutes after posting something almost guarrantees I'll get it back 2 days later and even rare items that are in demand will sit there for days on end. I refuse to spend on TC and/or buy from Gold Spammers and most of the TC drops I get from my combined Stabilizers are garbage and worth 100k at best (2-3 times a week). Selling drops to the vendors results in MAYBE 100k/day at best. So unless I'm duping/exploiting, how is this number justified?

2. Full-Auto DPers who don't know when to stop: I'll admit I use DP. However, the only time I go Full-Auto is when I'm running older content for styles and I'm in a spot where adds continually spawn (e.g. protecting the scientists in Oolong). At level, there's no excuse for this behavior. Learn your power set or **** my group.

3. Ques that don't pop: I'm looking at you Hands of Fate content. ESPECIALLY Seeds of Rot. Playing for feats in these missions has become very time-consuming.

4. Homage/Rip-Off characters: It's not that I don't appreciate this if done well and the player knows how to play their powerset, but seeing 30000000000000000 Supermen/Goku/Trunks/Batman/Flash characters... really? You couldn't come up with an original idea on your own? It's even worse when they use 1337speek, make their name Xx(name)xX/420(name)420/Xxx420(name)420xxX, use the character's civilian name, or some combination of these. Most of these players are just trash and I do not feel bad leaving an instance the moment I see anything resembling these toons. AND IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME DAMNED CHARACTERS! It would be refreshing to see a ripoff that wasn't one of these five toons.
    *Oh, and DBZ characters are ALWAYS an instant leave & ignore. Doesn't matter if you are good or not.

5. Players who que up at less than the recommended CR: This has become less of a problem once you get to endgame, but levelling while running into people running at or just above required CR makes me twitch hard. Too many instances of carrying people through Wasteland Wonderland have done this to me.

6. Pets in the HoD/WT/SafeHouses: Just no. I can't walk through them and having 3-4 people afk at the spawn in point sometimes makes it impossible to jump around them. Honestly, making pets "player soluble" would make me pull my hair out way less.
  5. Saami Loyal Player

This thread was about DCUO. Not real life. :p
  6. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

I blame the Devs for this one. There should only be a required CR, not a recommended. If the minimum required CR can't hack it in the instance, why let them queue up for it in the first place?

My pet peeves are
    1. Gold Spambots! An option to "Add to Ignore" to every character on my account would be soooo nice.

2. Players who spam for bodies to complete the group for instance X and then immediately kick you from the group if your Wavedox stats aren't good enough.

3. +1 for Iconic Character knock-offs. There are other games out there for people who want to be Superman or Batman. DCUO should be about playing an original character!

4. +1 for players spamming powers at HQ banks/broker/mail - There is a specific place in each HQ to test powers and you even regen power faster than normal....

5. The lack of group chatter that was the norm when I played City of Heroes. I don't know why it was much easier to have running conversations in PUGs with total strangers in that game but so difficult to do in DCUO.

There are others but I don't want to start a flame war.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

when pets and henchmen get in your way or pin you so you can't move=instant rage.
    • Like x 2
  8. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Firstly thanks for this thread, Dragon Power!

I got.. quite a few, but I don't usually blame folks, but even like other players i DO get tetchy from time to time.

Ninja invites that you thought was your Q popping up on call.

Players who don't let a tank be a tank. I DON'T CARE if you're 'normally' a tank, then switch and I will happily DPS np, if not, get outta my way and stop when I stop. follow DON'T lead!

When trolling;
    Healers who act like DPS.
    DPS's who won't let me save knockouts and instead drag the aggro to the KO'd group member/s, when I have already worked on my -no aggro- and flew over to him/her.

in duos

WHAT? YOU'RE TOO GOOD/LEET TO GIVE A WAVE? it takes '1 second'.
    That feeling when someone, just gives you the 'bad vibes' of 'get out of my instance I don't need you!'

When healing;

I have an empty bar and the trollers bar is full.. I'm pretty understanding as i'm primarily a troller, but if I run up to your face and try to block you from moving, do you think i'm trying to tell you something?? :/

in raids

Players who don't know a supply drop does everyone. Healers who are empty and decide to 'wait' for no reason, even though: supply drop.

Not every raid is it comfortable to run 1/5/1/1.. SERIOUSLY. Without knowing it the DPS have now put a strain on support. MANY times I have enjoyed 1/4/1/2.. two trollers, might not be the fastest way, but gives me time to think and so enjoy the raid more. Running 1/3/2/2 or 2/2/2/2 distributes the weight of the raid..but many players hate running this because they find it slow, I like it because I don't have the whole raid put onto me and the healer :)

I think many newer support players don't know that the DPS are putting the weight on them because 1/5/1/1 is pretty much standard now.

DPS who drag aggro TOWARDS support o_O c'mon! then *sometimes* the same people will blame you for dying o_O
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

BTW: They left you that $20, but they took $40 outta your nightstand :D
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

My DCUO Pet Peeves?

The Gold Sellers, I constantly have to place them on ignore.

The Broken PVP in it's entirety.

People Sending League Invites to you; without explaining how their league works or anything beyond just an invite.

People Rage Quitting Instances after only one wipe.

And there's probably more, but I don't wanna dwell too deep into it.
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

The community and forumites who critisizes those who critisizes the game.

It never really makes them look good, and it don't seem like they give a dam.smh
  12. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

the skill point lockout on my armories
    I've had this problem for a while now.
    From May 2nd:
    "About a year or so ago, I accidently hit the respect station in the Aquacultural area of the watchtower as Golden Dragon
    suddenly, I found myself unable to activate any of my armory builds I actually, have to go to my base and activate my appearance etc on-site! I tried re-upping all of my powers and traits as they were before but with no luck, as I'm locked out of buying/using four skill tabs needing weapon mastery. as a result GD has 40+ skill points that can't be spent and armories that are little more than display cases.
    Now! yesterday I'm playing my alt SPEED AVATAR all day and everything's fine, I get the Black Flash cowl, run around as CW-styled Zoom for a few missions. then, last night after I use several of my alts to run the spring event in order to furnish Classic Archer with some grass, trees and canopies...I suddenly find my armories are locked again because I have insufficient skill points spent and again I have to go to my bases and activate the armories in person! I've had these armories set up for months and now this happens without any reason. last time it happened when I re-specced so I thought it was my mistake and fine! lesson learned... don't do that again! but now I didn't even re-spec and I have to go all the way back to my base to shift back to one of my pre-set looks!
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ran into a tank on my alt last night saying the same thing. He was a 189 ice tank and ridiculously enough, it was only OLYr. We died twice in the first area. Then he kept getting one shot when he opened the next door. After that, everyone left. I tried to ask what was going on, and he bit my head off saying the healer couldn't keep up, lol. He refused to take a free stack of OLY Chorno's. I checked him on wavedox, he had over 200sp.

Sorry, but play talks louder than spouting off how long you've played. Not directed at you, but this is a common response.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The countless controllers that have never tanked and don't understand how not to root npc's.

Tanks that don't understand how to control the flow of a raid.

Tanks that don't understand how pulls work and yank every npc overy their head at the group and tell people to stand back.

Healers that use the 8man heal.

Majority of the dps in the game.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I hate this when im tanking. Had a bat drone block me in when i was tanking trigon SM and superboy killed me with his heat vision. I raged lol and league mates have still never let me forget about it. Was 2 years ago and i still get crap about it lol
    • Like x 3
  16. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

People that have no manners or understanding of online etiquette...Some people will eat, have totally side conversations, and other nonsensical stuff going on, all while their mics are active. Some even have the nerve to get upset when you ask them to mute their mic.
    • Like x 1
  17. SilkyPawz Bunny

*Files Nails* Standing in the back of the room in the Spring event ..teeheee :p

Mouth Breathers. they have nothing on deep throat ;):rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

Nailed it.
  19. Craven Green Loyal Player

Ambush Bug in my base who is constantly beggin for sugar and telling me his base looks better than mine but wont let me see it so I can't compare the two. so rude. put up or shut up dude.

The vendor in some instances that tells me why bother repairing my gear, it's just gonna break again anyway. How does it know, I could be brilliant the next time.

The suicidal people on the tops of buildings that jump off when you cog them then drop down onto a ledge 4 feet down but still scream endlessly. "Look down, take one step forward jeez stop screaming you aren't dead"
  20. VariableFire Loyal Player

While running alts I've queued up at minimum CR on older content hoping for a break. Sorry :oops:

My peeve is related to that though: people who meet the minimum CR on one role and then switch to the other role after entering, a role that isn't even close to the minimum for entering. For some reason this happens A LOT on Fatal Exams. I guess it might be because that's the start of where content started having minimum and suggested CRs instead of just one.

Other peeve: high CRs running old content that seem to try and do their best to glitch content. Not glitch to make it easier, just glitch so it becomes unplayable and needs to be abandoned.