YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Much anticipated. CANNOT WAIT...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Cover looks great :D
    • Like x 1
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    Here it is guys! This story essentially brings Nomad to our currently timeline and is the sequel to Rescue Mission. There's an interesting cameo in the end. The cover above is a link to the flipbook. Enjoy.
    • Like x 2
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    BRAVO Good sir! BRAVO!
    This was both beautiful and awesome. To use a relatively unknown character, The Lost Sapphire, that was only mentioned in DC Comics but using that to connect to your story by revealing she's Medussa was perfect. Not to mention the character, Ingott. He has so much potential. I am loving his abilities because he reminds me of awesome character in an anime.
    [IMG][IMG]

Also, I would like to add, your continued editing of images and putting them in your stories are just majestic. Two very thumbs up!
    • Like x 1
  6. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    I appreciate the kind words Ms. Benz! Looking forward to you and Bern's upcoming episodes! :)
    • Like x 2
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night
    A New Family

Enter: The Watchtower, Justice League HQ

[IMG]

Larisa, curiously peeking over Mina’s legs staring at the Green Lantern, “Daddy?” Jordan smiling, gets down to one knee in front of the little girl and introduces himself, “Hi there, my name is Harold Jordan. What’s your name?” The little girl stares at him and retreats back behind Mina’s legs. The Star Sapphire now taking up her role as a mother reassures her daughter, “Larisa Kuznetsova. Stop being silly now. You’re not exactly hiding. You don’t have to be nervous.” Listening to Mina, the little girl motions towards Hal and replies to his question, “H...Hi. My name is Larisa Jessica Kuznetsova. Nice to meet you.” The Green Lantern replies back, “Larisa? That’s a beautiful name and your middle name…” Mina slightly adding to their conversation, “I gave her that name after your mother. You told me that she was an important person in your life alongside your father and I figured...” Jordan fighting his own tears, thinks to himself, “…that she was…” but then notices Larisa tugging at his arm while she stared examining his face. Surprised, Hal asks, “What’s the matter? My mask?” and quickly uses his ring to make his mask disappear, revealing his real identity. Looking at him, Larisa remarks, “It’s you. You’re just like in the picture,” and hugs him tight.

[IMG]

Mina wondering what picture Larisa meant by, “She saw Hal before? When?” Nastia, turning to her daughter, answers her, “I think that’s my fault. She was helping me tidy up the house one time when you were away on a business trip. It was then when she came upon your old photo album and saw a picture of you and Harold at the London eye.” As Jordan hugged his daughter, he takes a moment and asks her, “Larisa…would it be alright if I stayed with you and your mother? I know I’ve been a bad daddy for many years, but I’ll do my best for you from now on. So, would it be alright if I stayed with you?” The little girl looking at her father nods telling him, “I want you to be with us, daddy.” Hal, full with joy, holds Larisa high above him as she cackles in delight. As the two begin to play with another, Mina watches with a satisfied smile sweeping across her face. The laughter from Larisa is uncontrollable while Hal’s joy is just as palpable. Finally, the little girl stops laughing and grabs Jordan around the neck, hugging him tight telling him, “I knew you’d come back.”

[IMG]
    Everyone surrounding them, heroes and staff alike are shocked but happy for Hal Jordan. However, back in space, a satellite orbiting the planet Saturn is approached by an oncoming huge black object which eventually crashes into it and explodes but the unknown object unharmed continues its path. At the same time, the satellite crash gets the attention of Michael Holt, aka Mr. Terrific, who was monitoring spatial activity within the solar system at the Watchtower, “What the…,” and turning towards Oracle, “Barbara, I think you better take a look at this.” Oracle, opening the data Mr. Terrific sent her views on her screen the last image the satellite was able to relay before going off-line, “It doesn’t look like it’s a meteor. A spaceship perhaps?” Holt in response replies, “Whatever it is, it’s slowing down and based on its telemetry, it’s heading straight to Earth.”

Enter: The Cauldron area of Gotham City

[IMG]

On the corner of Peckinpah Street and Saint Avenue, in a rundown area of one of Gotham city’s toughest neighborhoods lies Succubus, formerly Noonan's Sleazy Bar which was a favored hangout for hitmen is now a hive for various scum and meta villains, run by the notorious Carlynn Carnage.Within the loud, smoke-filled bar, crowded by rough and odd patrons, who gamble, drink, scheme, negotiate, and argue; Carlynn is having a pleasant chitchat with the infamous thrill seeker and thief, Roxy Rocket who compliments her on her renovations, “I got to say, I love with what you did to the place, it’s like heavy metal meets house and garden.” As the two laugh and drink, they are interrupted by a commotion between some members of the Club of Villains and the Council of Spiders who are arguing over their game of poker. Scorpiana accuses Funnel for cheating and punches her in the face, triggering a fight to break out. One of the other Council of Spiders, Tangle, picks up a stool and breaks it over King Kraken which has little affect and is rightly punched in the face, knocking him to the floor. Before the bar fight can turn into an all-out brawl, Carlynn signals to Tiny, a smoldering wrath demon and the bar’s bouncer to handle it.

[IMG]
    Nearby, a group of Black Lanterns are squaring off against members from the Justice League International team. One of the heroes is none other than the glory seeking showboat, Booster Gold, who is blasting away at the Corrupted Blockbuster but to no avail for the Black Lantern keeps regenerating and charging right at him. Booster now more serious yells, “Ok. I’m tired of playing tag with you ugly. Let’s see you walk away from a full intensity blast!” and proceeds by firing a double hand blast beam that pierces through his foe leaving a giant hole in Blockbuster’s torso. The Black Lantern however, for a moment stops to look at what Booster did and begins to crack his knuckles as he continued to walk menacingly towards the hero. Now somewhat nervous, Booster activates his force field aura for protection but Blockbuster’s massive hand grabs him and punches him with such a powerful right cross that launches the hero through several buildings until finally crashing into the women’s restroom of the Succubus Bar which startles some of the female patrons inside, especially Craizee Christall who was fixing herself up exclaiming, “What the f...”

Luckily, his protective aura did the trick and Booster getting himself back on his feet notices where he is and tries to calm the women, “Apologies for the scare fellow citizens but I am here to help. This area is too dangerous…” However, he is interrupted when Lynx, the female leader of the Golden Dragons yells, “Green Lantern?! Here?!” The hero trying to laugh off the mistaken identity unconvincingly, “I’m not Green Lantern, I’m Booster Gold, the greatest high-tech hero...” However, Gothena, another female villain who was also inside tells him, “Dead is more like it,” before blasting him with a telekinetic push that sends Booster crashing through another wall and onto Tiny and the group of rowdy villains. Somewhat dazed from the attack, Booster quickly shakes it off but comes to realize his predicament, when he’s surrounded by various well-known rogues and organized crime members ranging from Killer Moth, Doctor Death, Fright, Onomatopoeia, the Odessa Mob, Hush, the Sprang Bridge Soldiers, “Ohhh crap.” As the villains began to swarm around him, Booster’s trusty robot sidekick, Skeets, flies in through the opening where Booster crashed through, “Sir! Sir! More Black Lanterns are converging in the area!” However, it’s too late, for all the emotions coming from the bar lured a group of Black Lantern metas, or to be more specific, former members of the Suicide Squad.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

EEEEE! It's a Christall!! :D
    Even without that unexpected (but highly honoured) cameo, this was a great update and looking forward to reading more :D
    • Like x 2
  9. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I wanted to throw a like to you both as I am sure I will like the reads. Work is a bit nutty lately and I have not the time at the moment to read them and give my feedback. I promise you both I will do so by next week if not before.
    • Like x 2
  10. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    LOL!
    Booster Gold + female villain bathrooms = priceless! Love it. Also, great use of all those villain toons!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]

Excellent work friend. The shifts between the scenes felt very natural and you get a sense of each characters underlying emotions and struggles. The way you blended the ongoing stories and past stories I felt was really well done also. Referencing Gallius still out in the universe somewhere help to sort of connect everything. I applaud your writing and your ability to write stories involving the vast space that is the world beyond Earth. I am interested to see where things go for Ingott, I really feel for the guy but also get a hint that his motivations aren't exactly pure. I truly enjoy reading your work and am looking forward to see where Gallius and crew end up. Despite the stories being set in worlds far across the galaxy, the human components of your stories are not lost. This is much the credit of the writer and your attention to those aspects of your characters. I apologize if this comment and its contained compliments are a bit jumbled. It's been a long week at work and I am tired. I have been a fan of your work and will continue to be. Looking forward to where things go for your cast.

Waiting for more like:
    [IMG]

Ms. Benz, you are up next. Will read and comment in a bit.
    • Like x 2
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Nomad. I was trying to go for a more comedic action scene on that one. To be more specific it was inspired by that Batman the Animated series episode where the villains are hanging out at this poker bar telling each other how they almost got Batman, mixed with the scenes from Mallrats where Jay and Silent Bob keep trying to foil a live game show but keep crashing into a women's dressing room, and then finally the Booster Gold episode from Jusitce League Unlimited.

And yeah, good eye. There are a couple of cameos from some forumites mixed with some iconic villains and Gotham city gangs
    • Like x 1
  13. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Thanks!! Ingott's not a bad guy it's just his head isn't on straight from the trauma and loneliness he's endured. He does have a fixation on Medussa and he knows she is Gallius's fiancée. Theoretically if Gallius was in the bunker with Ingott and Medussa, Ingott would be shaken back to reality about the situation if that makes any sense. Thanks again Bern!
  14. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    This was another great addition Ms. Benz. I am really enjoying the dynamics unfolding between Mina, Hal and Larissa. It will be interesting to see how that plays into their respective power sets and their relationship overall. The Gotham scene was really cool. Its hard not smile and chuckle a little whenever Booster Gold shows up. The bar with CC, i mean, excuse me, Queen CC was very nice and I can the idea of her running a place like that is completely believable and I totally saw it in the read. It will be something spectacular, I imagine when all the spectrum's collide and we see what comes of the black lanterns and the heroes and villains who oppose them. I really admire the writing of you and other like Nomad who can paint a picture of sprawling galaxy wide stories. It is a skill, one that I do not have. The ability to set stories solar systems apart is awesome and the way you do it is something to be envied. Still very much a fan and looking forward to seeing where this is all going.
    • Like x 1
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    That means a lot Bern. I hate to be a broken record but the feedback from you guys are just awesome. Also, don't sell yourself short, your stories and characters are just as awesome because they feel very down to earth with the potential for so much more. Not to mention your artwork and potential comic, so....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]

You have really good narration Bern. I especially like those non-confrontational moments between characters. The way you set the scene with your use of descriptives that capture the mood really shows. Sometimes comparing isn't good. It can magnify a perceived weakness to an almost exaggerated level. But it can also be a good thing, helping us to improve if we're willing to tweak our material while maintaining a balanced approach. Aurora's good at fleshing out an emotionally-charged moment in her writing. As a guy I find it more challenging to write about love than say ... a villain spewing out an anger-filled tirade. But that's just me. No doubt the more we look at our writing styles the more we uncover ways to improve.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just bumping
    Next part will be "THE ARRIVAL"

hint hint...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Something to do with... flesh?
    • Like x 2
  20. Anatoly New Player

So, you've created this thread just to post your fan-fiction, eh?
    • Like x 1