YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Doom Patrol versus Corrupted Doom Patrol, this is going to get interesting
    • Like x 1
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Yes. You'll find out that it was kind of their fault the corrupted doom patrol for being there but that they want to remedy that. Also team up potential ahead ;)
  3. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

So here's the actual cover of my next flipbook.
    [IMG]
    There won't any be dialogue but instead will delve into the origin of Nomad, his home world, those related to him, as well as heroes and villains he comes in contact with. Maps, various races. Basically a whole bunch of eye candy. I will try to have this out right after the Lyubov, Nomad, Bern Unit 3-part story.
    • Like x 2
  4. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Bumpity bump!
    • Like x 2
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night
    Sisterhood of Peace Part 3

Dr. Niles Caulder, aka "the Chief," leader of the Doom Patrol, orders his team to take on the remaining corrupted beings, "Time to finish these Black Lanterns. Execute plan three Doom Patrol!" Larry Trainor, aka The Negative Man, responds, "We're way ahead of you chief," while Clifford Steele, The Robotman, charges onto the attack, 'Let's stop all the yappin and get to it." As the Doom Patrol face off against the Corrupted Doom Patrol in a mighty brawl with each helping the other in between being attacked, Wonder Woman and the other heroes found themselves somewhat puzzled. The Chief, accompanied by Element Girl make their way towards them to explain the situation, "My apologies, Wonder Woman. My team were dealing with those Black Lanterns on Oolong Island until they were accidently teleported here by the Science Squad. It took us quite some time to track them but my Doom Patrol have to be the ones to set this right. For the Black Lanterns you fought, were once former members long thought dead but now arisen."

[IMG]

Negative Man unleashing his radioactive soul-self leaps into action and gives chase after Tempest. The two begin to circle each other warily in the air and begin to blast one another in an aerial dog-fight. Meanwhile, a somewhat regenerated Celsius, tries to attack Elasti-Girl, "Caulder's *****! You'll die cursing his name," but is quickly grabbed by the towering Robotman, "Arani or not. I ain't going to let you hurt anyone, especially my family," and subsequently throws her over his metal shoulders several feet away. Mina, on the sidelines almost forgot but quickly informs Dr. Caulder, "Wait. We managed to destroy one of them but there's still another that was buried in a nearby ravine." Caulder, surprised, asks, "Buried? Where?" Suddenly, a nearby patch of earth appearing disturbed sprouts a black hand breaking to the surface, grabbing onto Robotman's leg. Element Girl, spotting the attack while being slightly taken aback, "Guys? I think she means the 'Night of the Living Dead' over there that's coming out of the ground." Pulling himself out of the earth by clawing onto Robotman, the Black Lantern, the once human body of Clifford Steele remarks, "Lemme just pop out th'batteries out of your head."

[IMG]
    Though respectful of Caulder's wishes, Wonder Woman decides to intervene and help by throwing her tiara directly at the head of Robotman's attacker, stunning him, and allowing Cliff a chance to counter by remarking, "Had me going for a sec there. Typically, I don't need help but thanks to the doll wearing the red, white, and blue, I'm about to put a hurtin on you rank amateurs." Meanwhile, with Negative Man's soul-self needing to return to his body, Tempest uses that chance by trying to attack him. However, Elasti-Girl grabs the corrupted being like a rag doll slamming him into the floor and flings him into the air where upon she hurls a nearby boulder hitting him and crashes several feet away. All the while, Arwen Skywalker, analyzing their Black lantern foes via her battle display, takes out a metallic cube from her utility belt which transforms into an automated drone. But, out of the corner of her eye, she catches a shadow of movement behind them, "Hey! Watch out!" Celsius, now fully regenerated tries to attack and make her way towards Dr. Caulder, "Never again Niles! You took a vow! Til death! Til death do us part!" Element Girl jumping into action, morphs her arm into a concrete shield holding the corrupted being at bay, "Stay behind me, Chief."

[IMG]

As the Black Lantern strikes, blow after blow, upon Element Girl's shield, Arkaness hovering above helps her by casting a freezing spell upon Celsius, turning her into stone. Now with the upper hand, the young Doom Patrol member morphs her other hand into a metallic heavy anvil, crushing the stone statue into several pieces, spraying everywhere onto the ground. Robotman all the while, manhandling his Black Lantern copy, punches his fist through the corrupted's head and proceeds by lifting him over his shoulders and then repeatedly slams him back-first into the ground, "There's only one Cliff Steele. And you're looking at him!" The towering hero, remembering the intel the chief received a while back changes his tactic and puts the Black lantern in an arm bar, in which point, grabs his opponent's hand and rips off the ring with finger still attached causing the corrupted being to drop instantly to the floor, lifeless.

[IMG]

At the same time, Elasti-Girl still fighting off Tempest, as if trying to swat off a pesky fly, is continually hit by the Black Lantern's hand blasts until it hits her eyes, momentarily blinding her, "Ooh...That's got to hurt. I'd know," mocked Tempest. However, the heroine Arwen Skywalker turns her drone to aid Elasti-Girl. The machine fires a barrage of rounds which causes Tempest to turn his attention towards the drone but has little effect. However, Arwen, using some kind of remote on her wrist controlling the drone, switches its rounds to an experimental grenade she's been working on. As Tempest preparing to blast the bothersome machine, the drone fires upon him with the special round, enveloping the corrupted being in an immense explosion of light. With the blinding glare subsiding, the heroes are surprised to see the Black lantern's right side blown apart with signs of almost being melted. Steve Trevor, still rubbing his eyes from seeing stars, asks "What the hell was that?" Arwen, seemingly unaffected because she was wearing her special battle visor, quickly explains, "Sorry. It's a little creation I cooked up for these guys. Basically, it’s a combination of Dr. Light's light orbs and a napalm grenade." Tempest now angered, tries to regenerate but for some reason, his body is healing slowly. Somehow, Arwen's special grenades have affected him.

Seeing this, Negative Man comes up with an idea and asks Arwen, "Hey, do you have any more of those?" which Arwen replies, "Yeah. My drone has eleven more shots." The mummified hero tells the rest of the team to keep Tempest occupied. Going along, the Star Sapphire, Mina, fires several light blasts onto the staggering corrupted being, giving ample chance for Arwen to take out three of her special grenades from her drone and giving it to Negative Man. The damaged Black lantern still staggering its way towards the group unaware of what transpired is confronted by Negative Man who has the grenades in his arms, "Hold that pose." The Doom patrol member unleashes his radioactive soul-self who now carrying the explosives in its arms flies directly into Tempest. The Black Lantern being hit back from the strike recovers his composure finding himself confused until a massive bright explosion ignites from inside its body and its ring stating, "connection severed," before being completely obliterated within the light.

Elasti-Girl, recovering her sight and now back to her normal size, asks, "What happened?" Robotman, hurrying towards the group with the ripped finger, "We're not done yet. This ring on here seems to be growin itself back together!" Dr. Caulder, knowing what to do, turns to the broken pieces of the other Black Lantern who was turned to stone. Element Girl, prancing back dangling the broken hand of the corrupted Celsius with ring attached, "I found it, Chief!" Caulder thanking her tells both her and Robotman to place the rings together on the floor and turns to Mina. The Star Sapphire, already knowing what to do points her ring, shining her violet light over the two black rings. Caulder then tells Robotman to deliver the coup de grace, "Cliff, if you will." The colossal Doom Patrol member slams both his fists onto the black rings with a mighty thrust. With the rings cracked as a result, the rings state, "connection severed," and the remaining corrupted Doom Patrol members disintegrate into dust. Though with the group finally victorious, Elasti-Girl remarks, "Hopefully now, they may be at peace."

However, Arwen, notices the mummified Negative Man still down on the ground. She stops and kneels beside his slumped body, as a sign of respect to a fallen comrade, "Though I didn't know you too well. You fought valiantly and your sacrifice..." In mid-sentence, Negative Man leaps back to life, "I did?," which startles Arwen aback in a defensive stance. The Doom Patrol member apologetically explains, "Sorry. After blowing up my radioactive counterpart it usually leaves me a bit groggy." Arwen, befuddled, "It's a common occurrence?" Elasti-Girl, walking up to them and helping up Negative Man explains, "That's Larry for you. His energy being always returns to him, even if it's in blown apart."
    • Like x 3
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just bumping. Will add the next piece which will lead to the tie in collaboration with BernUnit and Alien Nomad
    • Like x 2
  7. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Sorry for the late reply. Work's been keeping me occupied as of late, can't complain though. Anywho, well done Ms. Benz. The action is top notch as usual. Looking forward to see where else things go for Mina and whoever else you bring into the fold of her story. I know might be repeating myself, but the mark of a good story is having the reader care about the character. You do just that with Mina, balancing those moment of action with the more emotionally grounded moments with scenes like the ones with her and Larissa. To you, I offer a well deserved
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Blackest Night
    Sisterhood of Peace Part 4

With the battle against the Corrupted Doom Patrol over, Mina alongside the two group of heroes regroup at the top of a nearby hill, looking off into the distance. Wonder Woman takes a moment with Steve Trevor looking upon him with delight and holds him. Dr. Caulder, pondering the next step, remarks, “Though this battle is over. I fear the decisive battle for Earth will soon be upon us.” Mina, in agreement, replies, “You’re correct. The Lantern corps are planning to band together to stop the Black Lanterns but, the invasion is well underway and it seems Earth will be the focal point.” Hearing what the Star Sapphire said, Robotman, replies, “If that’s true then…” but is interrupted when Elasti-Girl putting her hand on his shoulder and looking at Wonder Woman’s group, “Count us in. We’ll help in any way we can.” Wonder Woman, accepting their aid, replies, “Then its settled. We could really use your help with our efforts.” Elasti-Girl, extending her hand to Wonder Woman in friendship is rightfully answered by the heroine, as both clasp hands in unity.

Mina, wondering about her family, asks, “Sorry, Wonder Woman but what about the people on the train heading into town? Did they al make it safely?” The Amazon, turning to Mina and seeing her worry, answers her, “Yes they did. The train arrived as soon as my team made safe the town. They were boarded onto the Javelins and that’s when the soldiers accompanying them relayed what happened which caused me to make haste here. They should be on route to the Watchtower by now.” Wonder Woman holding onto her ear, activates her comm, opening a channel to the rest of her team within the city of Ashford, “Ray? What news of the survivors?”

[IMG]

On the other end, Raymond Terrill aka The Ray alongside a contingent of female heroines, answers, “Wonder Woman. All the survivors have been evacuated and the last javelin left not too long ago. We’re currently making our way north onto Norwich…” Spread out, flying alongside the Ray, the heroine, Scarlett Wind, spots a teenage girl being attacked by a Black Lantern. As the girl pleads for help, the corrupted human is able to grasp onto her but the Justice Girl member swoops in the nick of time unleashing a devastating tachyon blast knocking the attacker away. Scarlett then carries the frightened teenager and takes to the sky which surprises the girl, “You’re…flying.” However, the Black Lantern now trying to attack the two is subsequently stopped by a wall of roaring flames. Not sure where the attack came from, the corrupted being turns to see but is caught unaware of the oncoming attack from the mighty, Alyssa Goldenblade, who focusing a substantial amount of her thermal powers to her fist is able to explode the lantern’s head right off. The teenage girl witnessing such spectacle is left in awe, “Did you see what she did?” which Scarlett jokingly replies, “Yes. Alyssa has a way with men.” Wonder Woman ending the conversation with Ray, “Copy. I’ll be sending you some reinforcements,” and then contacts the second division of her team who went ahead onto London, “Terra. What’s your status?”

[IMG]

Enter: London, England

[IMG]

The battle of London has started. Various parts of the city seem to be shattered and burning. Though losing, the British military try to contain the fight against the Black Lanterns with people still inside the city. Along the Thames river, subsequent waves of landing vessels led by a warship, threading through the carnage make it ashore. Atlee Terra and her contingent of super heroines have arrived alongside an Amazon infantry led by Artemis of Bana-Mighdall. The Amazons raise their weapons and cry out with one voice. Artemis and her female warriors rappel down the ship while other Amazons lower the gangplanks to unload provisions, weapons, and horses. Terra, turns to her team of new heroes, “Alright Justice Girls. You all know what to do. Stay in teams of three, keep in contact, and good luck,” as they storm into the city. Before going off to battle herself, Terra receives a communication from Wonder Woman, “Terra. What’s your status?” The heroine responds, “Wonder Woman. We just arrived in London and about to push forward into the city…” Meanwhile, the nearby famous Tower bridge, now almost in ruin, sways precariously, starting to break in the center. Several cars trying to escape hit the brakes as the bridge sags, their occupants frozen, screaming in terror. However, under the bridge, a gigantic whip swish of movement emerges from the river, as a vast beast only known in legend rises, with the Justice Girl, Mermaid, atop of it, as if controlling it. The Kraken, curls its massive tentacles wrapping itself around the legs of the bridge keeping it stable for everyone to cross safely. In another nearby area, a complex of array of utility power cables stretching across over the city streets suddenly begin to snap. Showers of sparks fly high into the air as the live cables drop down onto the innocent bystanders on the street below. Luckily, another member of the Justice Girls, Merthia, swoops down grabbing a cable end in either hand and using her electric powers absorbs the current which runs through her as if nothing. Pressing the cables together, she literally solders them and safely strings them tight back onto the utility poles above.

Wonder Woman ending her communication with Terra, “Roger. I’ll be there shortly.” As the group now turns to her for the next step, Dr. Caulder asks one of heroines in her group, “Excuse me, Ms. Skywalker. That light bomb you used earlier, is it possible I can have one to analyze at our base of operations and see if I can mass produce it? Because I believe it would be extremely useful against the Black Lanterns.” Arwen, replies, “Sure. Better yet, I’ll come with you. I left the bomb schematics at my lair but I know it like the back of my hand.” The Amazon heroine overhearing their conversation, “Then it’s settled. Arwen, you and Dr. Caulder work on those bombs. Doom Patrol, you’ll need to link up with our forces north of here at Norwich. The rest of us…” Before Wonder Woman could finish her orders, Mina interjects, “Um…sorry to interrupt Wonder Woman but is it possible for me to go to the Watchtower?” The Amazon in turn asks, “Mina, right? I know that you aided in saving the survivors and fought alongside of us but don’t you think you be of better use here?” However, Trevor remarks to Diana, “She had people close to her that were on the train. She only wants to make sure they’re safe and sound. I’ll accompany her to the Watchtower.” Wonder Woman takes a moment but agrees to Steve’s suggestion, “Very well. Arkaness and I will head to London to meet up with the others. You two head to the Watchtower. Oracle will teleport you. And hopefully, you can stay out of trouble, Steve?” Trevor smiling winking his eye at Wonder Woman, “You know me,” before being teleported.

[IMG]

In a flash of light, both Trevor and Mina teleport to the Watchtower. Opening her eyes, the once villain found herself at the teleport shifter surrounded by various heroes. As promised, Trevor leads Mina to the hanger bay where the survivors are being tended to. As the two enter, the hanger is full of various displaced survivors being helped by Watchtower staff and medical personnel. From a distance, Mina spots her mother and her daughter talking to a staff member. Larisa, looking on as her grandmother asks to go the cafeteria so they can get something to eat is suddenly patted on the head. The little girl turns to see Mina beside her, “Mommy!” and instantly hugs her. Mina also hugging Larisa, “I’m right here, baby. Right here.” Nastia, surprised and thankful, “You’re safe. Oh, thank goodness.” However, she notices the bandage, wrapped around Mina and worriedly asks, “Wait. Did you get hurt?” The Star Sapphire, not to worry them shrugs it off, “It’s just a scratch.” Nastia then sees Trevor telling the Watchtower staff member that he’ll take Mina and her family to the cafeteria and promptly thanks him for helping bring back her daughter which he replies, “No need to thank me. Besides, it was Mina who was the biggest help. If it wasn’t for her, I don’t think I’ll be standing here. Now, come on, let’s go get you some food.” As the group walked through the tech wing and through each corridor with Trevor acting as an impromptu tour guide, Mina and her family marveled at the sight of each hero and the immense space station. As they were walking through the main wing and passing the monitor womb, she hears a familiar voice. A voice she has not heard in quite some time. She turns to see the Green Lantern Hal Jordan, talking with two others and instantly stops in her tracks. Larisa, who was holding onto Mina’s hand wonders why they stopped, “Mommy?” Mina looks back at Larisa and for a moment thought of something but tells her, “It’s okay. Honey, go with grandma and Steve to get some food. I need to do something. I’ll be right behind you.” Obeying her mother, Larisa runs and catches up to her grandmother who turns to see Mina walking into the monitor womb and Trevor, not noticing, continues towards the cafeteria.

[IMG]

As Mina approached further into the monitor womb, she overhears the conversation Hal Jordan is having alongside Oracle and Mr. Terrific, “Is there anyone you can spare? I sent Munk to gather some other Lantern corps members to help but Oa is being invaded by the Black Lanterns and the last transmission I got from Kyle was that they were attacking Oa’s central power battery. If they manage to corrupt Oa, it could be too late for the rest of the universe.” Knowing full well what’s at risk after what Indigo-1 explained back at Zamaron, Mina states aloud, “I’ll go!”
    • Like x 3
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Great addition, and nice tie-in with the three-way :D
    • Like x 2
  10. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Nice aerial pics of the HQ and really cool how you used all those Justice Girls in your story! This conclusion had an epic feel to it.
    [IMG]
    I too thought you tied it in nicely at the end. Nice!
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks guys. The support really drives me to continue. I always liked to write as a hobby but with DCUO, I can write these stories using our very own characters but also DC's line up of heroes and villains
    • Like x 2
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    SO sorry for the delay in reply here. Excellent work here Ms. Benz, very nicely balanced with action and more of the emotional moments. In addition, this serves as a nice tie-in to the collaboration conclusion that I [and I think many others] are anxiously awaiting. One thing I think for me that really stuck out was how well you capture the voice of characters like Wonder Woman. The back and forth with the multiple characters didn't ever seem cluttered at all and the transitions felt organic. Nicely done Ms. Benz,. can wait to read the conclusion.
    • Like x 2
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    I have come back after a small hiatus from writing. Since work has calmed down a bit, I will continue Mina's story. So to continue where I left off, I am adding a link to the collaboration that I did alongside with BernUnit and Alien Nomad

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ion-part-1-of-3-then-there-were-three.285458/

Also, I guess, similar to whats done in the comics whenever an issue ends, they drop a hint to the next issue. So, going along with that, and after you read the collaboration, the title for the following part after that is "REUNION"

hint...hint
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Blackest Night
    REUNION

The battery chamber doors open by Bern Unit, Gallius, and the other three lantern corps members, entering to find the Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, cradling Mina’s slumped body while holding onto her hand, desperately trying to keep her conscious, “M..Mina. Hey! Breathe baby. Breathe. Stay with me. You stay with me!” However, the Star Sapphire, slowly getting tired, due to the loss of blood and her injuries, begins to drift away.
    [IMG]
    Munk, the Indigo Lantern, sparing no time tells the Blue Lantern within the group to join him as the two stands over Hal and Mina. As the others look on, Munk closes his eyes and begins chanting in an unknown language while the Blue Lantern focuses his power in order to heal the two. Both Bern and Gallius look on in amazement while Mina, in a daze, hears voices echoing and all encompassing. Falling in and out of consciousness, she begins to see a vision of a glowing white light in the distance, surrounding a small child. A child that looks like her daughter. As she saw the vision, Mina, began to say aloud, “…It...it can’t be. Larisa…Sh…She is safe.” Holding her, Hal, not sure what to make of it, looks on in confusion. Suddenly, a blue indigo light bursts outward throughout the room causing Mina to leap back, full of life, her grip once more finding Hal’s. As the Green Lantern looked at the Star Sapphire, healed but befuddled, he heaves with relief and clutches onto her, in an embrace he denied himself for many years. They both kiss each other hungrily.
    [IMG]
    With the ordeal over, the two lovers while holding each other with joy watering both of their eyes, Hal asks Mina, “So…um…I have a daughter?” Smiling, her voice just a whisper, replies, “Yes. Her name is Larisa.” Jordan, trying to hold back the joy from such news, “Why didn’t you tell me, I would have…,” but before he can finish his sentence, the Star Sapphire, places her finger on his lips, “I know but you’re always out across the stars, how could I?” After having finally worked out a deal, Kilowog and Saint Walker joined by Larfleeze, reach the chamber to find the battery and everyone safe and sound.

Meanwhile, Kyle and the rest of his team have joined Salaak who is overseeing the various operations ridding the few Black Lanterns remaining in Oa. Ganthet, who stayed behind with Salaak, believes he may know a way to get communications back up in order to issue the code black to every Green Lantern. Salaak, who tried himself was skeptical but allowed the former Guardian to do so. As he began entering keys on the command console, the computer requested a voice recognition passkey which Ganthet replied, “Command override, Ganthet of space sector 3001, passkey, Maltus.” Surprised that there was an override only to Guardians, Salaak asks, “Will it work even though you’re no longer a member?” Ganthet, not sure himself, replies, “I do not know Lantern Salaak, but we must have hope.” As both of them wait tensely, the computer responds, “Passkey accepted,” and reactivates all communication arrays and promptly issues the code black whereupon an emerald light shoots into the twilight sky. Back at the chamber floor, all the Green Lanterns begin receiving the code black order, “To all Green Lanterns. This is a code black. Repeat. A code black. All Green Lanterns are to report to Oa immediately.” Hal, knowing what this means, mentions, “Looks like they got the planetary comms back up,” while Mina spots out the window in the distance, the green beacon shooting into the sky, “That wasn’t there before, what is it?” Saint Walker, with a smile on his face, answers Mina, “Hope is rekindled.” Throughout various sectors of the known universe to distant parts of frontier space, the code black is answered by every Green Lantern base and outpost which activates their own emerald beacon. On a distant planet, a green female figure carrying a basket while tending to her garden at her homestead, is startled when her nearby spaceship, the Interceptor, receives the code black communication. Turning, she races back to her house calling out to her lover, “Razer, we’re needed!”
    [IMG]
    Back at the battery chamber entrance, Kilowog, communicating with Tomar-Tu and B’dg, who are on their way to guard the citadel with a team of Green Lanterns, ends their conversation via his ring, “…copy. We’ll hold this position until then.” He then turns to the surviving Green Lantern specialist who was brought by Munk, telling him, “Go back down and guard the lower level with the other two Lanterns who came with you. Wait for the reinforcements who are minutes away.” As the trio of Lanterns left, Kilowog using his ring, interrupts Hal and Mina, “Jordan. Salaak has sent reinforcements to guard the citadel. They should be here soon. In the meantime, I sent the three Lantern poozers to guard the main floor. I figure you and I can guard the battery floor.” Mina looking at Hal both sadly and guardedly for they must part once again due to his duty as a Green Lantern, tells him, “You’re needed Hal. You must go.” Jordan, looking torn for a second as Mina began to walk past him, pauses, then turns, grabbing her hand, telling her, “Come with me.” Hearing this, Mina looks at the Green Lantern, shocked and surprised. Jordan, then tells Kilowog via his ring, “Roger that, Kilowog. You think you could give me a few,” to which his fellow Corps member complies. With Hal and Mina, having a moment to talk, Mina tries to reason with his decision, “Hal, I can’t. So much has happened. I’m not the same. I’ve done things…,” however she is stopped mid-sentence when Jordan embraces her, holding her in his arms, telling her, “I don’t know what will happen. I only know one thing. I let you go once and I won’t do it again. I want to keep holding you and be a part of our daughter’s life.” With tears on her eyes, she accepts as Hal gets close to her face and holds her hands to his heart.

Outside the chamber, Kilowog, walking up to Bern Unit, stretches out his hand, “Not bad, Poozer. With a little more discipline, you’d make a decent rookie.” Bern, shaking his hand in return, replies, “Sure…though I suggest you take some rest to recover your strength, because I won’t be around to save your butt, old man.” Kilowog, though smiling, gets perturbed once again by Bern’s remark, “…old man? Why you stinking…” and begins tightening his grip which in turn Bern responds the same. The friendly handshake between the two goliaths abruptly turns into a quasi-game of mercy.

[IMG]
    Within the group, Gallius Kronos, the Alien Nomad, looks onto his allies and ponders to himself about his journey up to that point, “Comrades, huh? I never thought I’d ever find them again.” However, the group is interrupted when he receives a communication from the Watchtower, “Alien Nomad. This Oracle. Seems communication on Oa is back up because we just received message from the Green Lantern, Kyle Rayner. So, everything in Oa is back to normal?” Gallius, holding onto his ear, activating his comm, “That’s correct, Oracle. We were able to stop the siege here on Oa. How goes the situation back on earth?” Oracle replying back, “Can’t say the same here. We’ve been getting reports that the Black Lanterns are somehow getting stronger. If you’re mission on Oa is complete, I’ll teleport you back. We could really use the help.”

As Jordan and Mina walk out of the battery chamber to rejoin the group, Gallius, finishing his communication with Oracle, tells Bern Unit, who was standing next to him, “It’s time to go back.” Saint Walker noticing the hero’s concern, asks, “What is it?” which Gallius relays the information Oracle told him which surprises everyone because up until now, they managed to stop the Black Lanterns from corrupting the batteries of each corps but still the Black Lanterns inexplicably grow stronger. Jordan, not sure what to make of it asks Munk to see if he has an answer to what they’ve learned but the Indigo tribe member replies, “I am not sure. We were never to allow for the black rings to charge. However, I sense reverberations within the time/space continuum. It could be that the Black Lanterns are entering their next phase.” Not taking any chances, Jordan, tells Kilowog, “Change of plans big guy. You and Munk stay here with the other Lanterns until reinforcements arrive. I’m going with our three allies here back to earth. I’m going to see if I can get more intel on this back at the Watchtower.” Both Kilowog and Munk agree to Hal’s plan and stay behind. As the Green Lantern and the three metas were about to contact Oracle for teleport, Larfleeze, jumping in between them, yells, “Oh no you don’t! I was promised a black shiny! It’s mine. Mine. Mine! If you’re going where the black power rings are, I want to go too!” With the group completely puzzled, Saint Walker explains, “Apologies. You have to forgive Larfleeze. Though we came to an agreement earlier, the orange light that fuels his avarice will always get the better of him. Why don’t I accompany you while keeping him out of trouble.” Though not liking the idea, Hal agrees and in a flash of light, the group teleports out of Oa.

Enter the Watchtower:

While Bern and Gallius are teleported back to where they originally departed from, the four Lanterns arrive at the Justice League HQ and immediately, Larfleeze, amazed by his surroundings is giddy to all the goodies around him, “Oh! Oh looky! There’s so much here. They’re all mine! So, keep your mitts off em!” As Saint Walker chases after Larfleeze, Mina spots Steve Trevor, her mother, and Larisa waiting for them. Trevor, somewhat peeved tells Mina, “Are you kidding me, Mina? I vouched for you. You can’t just go around here without supervision. You’re not part of the league. If my angel got wind of what happened, I would never hear the end of it.” Mina apologizes to Trevor but the two are interrupted by Larisa, who runs in between hugging her mother. Hal seeing Larisa, hugging Mina, motions towards them which the little girl notices but not knowing who he is hides behind Mina’s legs. Mina smiling, turns to Larisa, “Sweetheart, you don’t have to be shy.” Larisa, looking up towards her, asks, “Mommy, who is that?” The Star Sapphire, realizing that the moment has finally come, serenely tells her, “Honey… this is your father.”
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Oh my! Looks like we have ourselves a . . . [IMG]

I liked the dialogue in this episode. The characters' personalities have remained consistent throughout your writing. Mina, Hal, Kilowog and others display the same personality traits (and for some, idiosyncracies) since the beginning of your stories. After awhile, when you can pretty much guess how each individual will react to any given situation then the characters start to become more real. As always, great work Aurora! Looking forward to Larisa shin-kicking Shallow Hal. :D
    • Like x 1
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol. Thanks Nomad. To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure about the dialogue because its been a while since I last wrote and as you said keep the personalities the same. Luckily, your feedback reassured me that I did. I also wanted to give Gallius, before returning him back to his story some sense that perhaps all the people he has met and fought alongside with to be more than comrades but friends.
    • Like x 1
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Man, this emotional journey you are taking us on Ms. Benz. Following this from Mina's time as Luthor's puppet to where she is now, very nicely done. Sorry it took me so long to get to reading and commenting. All the elements you have here seem to blend well with each other. Your ability to take large scale settings like the locations in the Lantern lore and have the reader not feel lost in them is well done. It will be interesting to see what happens after the climax of this arc is concluded and see where all the characters go.

The back and forth between Kilowog and Bern, I almost could see them with a similar dynamic to that of Johnny Storm and The Thing, where they are constantly ribbing each other out of a fun mutual respect. It was interesting in those quick moments to see Gallius grab on to those "human" moments with the Comrade thing. Moments like those, I think are was can really drive a story or give fruit to branches that come later on in one.

All in all Ms. Benz, I thoroughly enjoy the journey you have taken us and continue to take us on with Mina and her ever expanding world. Looking forward to more.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Bern, I appreciate your feedback. I thoroughly enjoy writing Mina's story within DCUO and including characters from people I have come across the game and forums. It's going to be quite the ride, full of action, drama, laughter but in the end have a heartfelt ending.

As for Bern and Kilowog, I wanted to continue that Legolas / Gimli relationship and of course will have a funny closing that I was thinking possibly about where the two end up drinking some cold brewskies alongside Guy Gardner but of course with the level of testosterone at the bar, they end up arm wrestling trying to best one another
    • Like x 2
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Three-way Arm-Wrestle? Sounds like it would be fun a riot :D
  20. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Hey guys! So here is the cover for the sequel to Alien Nomad's "Rescue Mission" where he was last seen on the snow capped Himalayas facing that arctic sun. It's a short story so no 15 chapter, 116 page behemoth here lol. I think the cover turned out very feminine without being over the top girly. I needed to bring this one out before the aforementioned Compendium due to some spoilers in the book. I'll try to get this one out soon! ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3