YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I want to join in this fun, but I'm shy.
    • Like x 2
  2. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

No need to be shy, totally non-judgmental here, best advice/info I heard on story telling/writing recently came way of a writer working for Black Mask Comics, "Just put pen to paper and write something, don't be concerned with 'deep meaning' or 'having a message, just write the damn thing". We all tell different kinds of stories and that is the cool thing about doing this, if we all did the same thing that would be lame. Do yo thang.
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Believe you mistook what said: in another game ("Star Wars Combine") you are only allowed one character at a time, and if you die (or get murdered for out of game reasons) your new characters is not allowed any contact with any aspect of their former character
  4. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Shy??? You have 2200 posts. :D
    I think I know what you mean though. It does take a little bravery at first, but have you seen some of the bizarre topics people are putting out there these days? lol
    Personally I think you're safe.
    • Like x 2
  5. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Beautifully done miss Benz!!! So much fun to read! You have quite the knack for storytelling! I've been wanting to do something similar for Celeste and the JG's but never got around to it. Your story definitely gave me more motivation to get started though, so thank you for the inspiration!
    • Like x 3
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Celeste. Your feedback is much appreciated. I actually have come across and played alongside some of your league mates during some cross faction runs and got things done, lol. I'm glad that you've been inspired to write on your character and the JG's. I will definitely make sure to read it. Also, SPOILER :p. As I hinted at Bernunit before, the next part will have cameos from some Justice Girls ;)
    • Like x 3
  7. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

That's awesome! They really are some wonderful people! And that would be so cool to have cameos in your story! I have to admit, I was totally shocked when I saw my and Mermaids' name in your story. I got so excited lol. I was like "Oooh, the 'powerful' Celeste Arcana!" :p
    • Like x 2
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night
    Sisterhood of Peace Part 1

With the train escaping to safety, Mina and Trevor, left behind, regroup from their encounter with the Black Lanterns. In order to make good distance and added protection, the Star Sapphire enveloped the two in a flying violet ball construct. Trevor, communicating with the soldiers aboard the train relays to Mina, "It looks like the train is going to be just fine and those three Black Lanterns we fought are following us just like we planned." Mina, replies, "That's good news. Yet, we're going to have to find a way to lose them because I alone can't destroy them." However, the two are interrupted by a fourth Black Lantern that catches them by surprise; jumping in front of them and using its sheer strength to shatter the construct apart. The two are instantly thrown off, with Mina ending up hovering in the air and Trevor landing on the ground. The Black Lantern that attacked them, a dark shape on its knees from landing, begins to rise, revealing to be the Corrupted Cliff Steele, aka Robotman.

[IMG]
    Trevor, realizing who it is, "Crap," and immediately opens a barrage of gun fire at the corrupted being. However, the rounds pepper Steele having no effect but more as an annoyance cause it to throw up an arm to ward them off, "Long time no see Trevor, ol' pal." Mina, stepping in attacks the Black Lantern with several impact blasts that push it back, giving Trevor a chance to reload. The Black Lantern on the counter, uses his arm as a shield charges at Mina now causing her to be pushed back. As he closed in, raising his fist high to strike at her but she maneuvers out of the way flying above the Black Lantern. Remembering spotting a ravine nearby, Trevor has an idea, "Mina, get clear!" Throwing grenades like fastballs, perfectly striking the head of Steele, gets his attention, "Y'know, Trevor, you might try showin' a little respect or else I'll just have to pull out th'heart of yours and show it t'you."

[IMG]
    The Black Lantern leaping onto the attack begins chasing after him. Trevor, dodges his strikes, spring boarding off his arm, while turning and firing his weapon at close range. Surprised by Trevor's foolish tactics, Mina closes in to aid him but notices him signaling to the ravine he's dashing towards and immediately gets his plan. The star sapphire creates a giant net construct that binds around the Black Lantern and proceeds lifting him into the air, 'You know the old saying, the bigger they are.." and drops the corrupted being into the ravine. For safe measure, Trevor takes out some semtex explosives the soldiers from the train supplied him with and dropped it into the ravine detonating it. The explosion caused the ravine walls to collapse, burying the Black Lantern.

Mina, hovering above remarks, "That will keep him busy for a while," causing Trevor to chuckle, "You said it. Come on, we better move before..." However, their conversation is cut short when two beams ripping through the air hit the Star Sapphire from behind sending her crashing through several nearby trees. Seeing Mina go down, yelling her name, turns to see the three Black Lanterns from before, have caught up with them. Trevor runs to where Mina fell calling out to her and finds her slightly rising up but wounded. Reaching out, grabbing her, Trevor huddles her behind him. He then spins hard staring at the solid wall of undergrowth, awaiting the corrupted trio to make their last stand. As the Black Lanterns slowly approach them, Trevor takes aim and fires...one round after another...firing grenade rounds...knowing the futility but pumps the trigger anyway.The closer they approach, the Corrupted Celsius and Negative Woman focusing their energy, fire upon the duo. As the blasts approached them, a figure sweeps down landing in front of them instantly blocking the rays.

[IMG]
    The Black Lanterns surprised that their attack being repelled so easily stop firing. Trevor and Mina, not quite sure what to make of it themselves begin to see the figure that protected them. Though obscured by the smoke of the attack, the figure is revealed to be Princess Diana of Themyscira, the Wonder Woman, who crossing her arms over her chest used her bracelets to repel the blasts. The Amazon turns to Trevor, "Are you alright Steve?" which is promptly answered by him breathing a big sigh of relief, "I am now that you're here Angel." Celsius, mocking the situation, "Oh please, you're two friends over there could barely handle us. What makes you think you alone could change the result?" Wonder Woman standing against the three Black Lanterns, smiles at the challenge. Yet before anything can start, up from the sky, two heroines land next to Wonder Woman to aid her in this battle, the sorceress Arkaness and the gadget genius, Arwen Skywalker.
    • Like x 4
  9. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Yeshhhhhhh! :D
    • Like x 2
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Stay tune for the next part, more JG's in action ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Woohoo!!! Can't wait! :D
    • Like x 1
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Ah, the cavalry arrives! Nicely done Ms. Benz. Again, I gotta give it to you in your efforts to portray action and the tone of a scene during battles. I give a big tip of the hat to you on that. As I have read the stories you have been putting out, especially in the last several I can almost hear the growing sounds of cymbals awaiting the big crescendo you have been teasing us with. Again, I know I might be repeating myself but I think it bears repeating. The mark of a good story is getting you to care about the characters and they way you do that with Mina and even the others like Steve Trevor and those you place in there for cameos and such, you portray them in ways that really grab hold of the reader and get you to care about them. Well done Ms. Benz. Looking forward to the next piece.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

"Reaching out, grabbing her, Trevor huddles her behind him. He then spins hard staring at the solid wall of undergrowth, awaiting the corrupted trio to make their last stand. As the Black Lanterns slowly approach them, Trevor takes aim and fires...one round after another...firing grenade rounds...knowing the futility but pumps the trigger anyway."

Good read. I'm liking your action sequences especially this part in particular. It really brings out Trevor's desperation in the situation. Nice touch. It's not always easy to write actions sequences because so much can happen, you don't want to leave anything out, but you also don't want to overwhelm the reader. I thought you did well here!
    [IMG]
    Looking forward to WW & co. to mop up the floor with some black lanterns! :D
    • Like x 2
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Bern. I appreciate the support because I always enjoyed reading which I gave little Larisa who is always carrying a book a quasi easter egg, lol, and writing is a hobby of mine which is not perfect but I'm glad you and others can enjoy it. And yeah, I like to include other forumites in this grand adventure :D
    • Like x 3
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Nomad. Will definitely try to keep each part of the story flow like that. Although I often find myself coming up with ideas in the way early morning (after midnight) for some reason and end up writing at that time, lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

It's so awesome to read a graphic novel on the forums. Especially when it's about DCUO characters! It adds depth and personality to an otherwise strictly visual presence in the game. And so flattering to be included! Really adds a sense of connection amongst forumites and toons alike. Keep up the great work benzy! I can't wait to see where this adventure leads!
    • Like x 3
  17. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    K, I know it is a Marvel gif, but its what I could do.

Listening to as much about comics creating as I can through various videos and podcasts and formulating my own opinions on te matter, it is important for those being called "creatives" to stick together and support each other. Whether you are writing kids stories, or darker, more mature themed stuff. Whether you are on par with the likes of Lee, Miller or Cappulo or draw stick figures [which is a respectable art form] we all do our best to give back to the medium that we love and appreciate for our own reasons. The writers and story tellers here on the forums have been a source of encouragement and support for each other. IMO. We all do our best to support and give feedback to each other to keep each other motivated and encouraged to keep going with their work. We sometimes even collaborate with each other -hint hint, nudge nudge- because I think we respect each others work. With all that being said the story tellers I have some to know here are really talented and creative individuals. If I recall correctly, I think you were going to throw your story into the ring, right????
    • Like x 4
  18. JusticeGirlCeleste Dedicated Player

Haha indeed I am Bern. It's just a matter of me writing it down on paper first. Unless I can get to a computer. Writing a story via mobile device is unbearably frustrating lol.
    • Like x 3
  19. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Oy!!! there you are friend. I believe you may have something in that inbox of yours
    [IMG]

and perhaps a story about one angry blonde girl needing some feedback from one blue skinned galaxy traveler.
    • Like x 2
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night

Sisterhood of Peace Part 2

The three heroines lined up together in a standoff against the three corrupted Doom Patrol metas who look at one another attentively as if waiting for the right moment. Up in the air, Tempest's eyes are drawn to the new arrivals and sneers, shouting, "Kill em!" The three Black Lanterns on the attack charge towards the three heroines. Wonder Woman at the ready tells Arkaness and Arwen, "Let's take them down." Celsius charging in lands the first strike using some form of Shaolin punch hitting Arwen, knocking her back. Meanwhile, Arkaness whipping her staff around her, hits the Negative Woman across the face and swathes her away with an enchantment blast. Wonder Woman taking to the air towards Tempest begins to get fired upon. However, the Amazon deflects each energy blast with her bracelets and already upon the Black Lantern unsheathes her sword striking him down with fierce precision, "Allow me to show you how an Amazon says goodbye."

[IMG]
    As the three on three fight went underway, Trevor takes Mina aside to tend to her wound. Taking out a med pack from his gear, he starts swabbing the flesh wound on her back with Mina fighting the pain. Glancing at him and trying to focus from the pain, asks "So, that Angel of yours was Wonder Woman?" Trevor, putting a gauze pad in place and wrapping it, replies "Yeah, life can be a cinch when you have a super powered girlfriend. “The star sapphire laughs at his remark but then feels a sudden surge of discomfort when Trevor pulling the bandage tight with a knot, "Ow!" Steve noticing her discomfort, apologizes, "Sorry. I'll loosen the field-dressing a bit so it won't be too tight." Mina, getting back up moves about, testing the bandage, "It feels better. Thanks." Checking his weapon once more, he tells her, "Alright. Time to finish this."

Grappling in mid-air, Celsius gets her hands around Arwen's throat as they fall back to the ground but kick apart as they land. As both stare at one another in a defensive stance, Arwen realizes that her throat was slightly singed by Celsius's ability of thermal duality from her hands. The Black Lantern begins to mock the heroine, "Silly Caucasian girl likes to do martial arts. I hope you could do better than that." Arwen in turn responds by signaling to the corrupted being to come at her. Sneering, Celsius sinks low to a praying mantis style stance and using deceptive monkey footwork lunges at her to deliver a double-fisted punch which hits Arwen but the shockwave of the strike ripples through her and is redirected back at the Black Lantern sending her crashing back into a tree. Rising back up, the corrupted being, now somewhat angered tightens her fist and charges at Arwen again. But the heroine using an unorthodox Zui Quan style technique manages to dodge the strikes and counters with a butt bump causing the Black Lantern to get off balance. Seeing this chance, Arwen follows up with a foot sweep causing Celsius to fall to the ground. As the Black Lantern quickly recovers, she loses sight of the heroine, who in a split second used her special rocket boots to leap high up behind her opponent and unleashes a devastating stomp, crushing Celsius into the ground.

The Negative Woman trying to attack the other heroine, is repeatedly blocked by Arkaness's staff and then countered when she plants her staff in the ground using it to launch herself towards the Black Lantern, kicking her into the ground. Feigning injury, the corrupted being quickly kips up from the ground and lunges at Arkaness once more. However, the heroine quickly dodges the Negative Woman, who strikes the ground instead. Now pointing her staff towards the ground, reciting a transmutation enchantment, the ground begins to sink beneath the corrupt being. Thrashing about, she tries to get out of it but similar to quicksand, all it does is cause her to sink even lower, now up to her chest. At this point, the Negative Woman, though trapped, chuckles to herself and says, "Get her," unleashing her radioactive soul-self that flies after Arkaness. Surprised, she remarks, "Okay...This is going to be tougher than I thought," and creates a protective barrier before taking to the air.

Meanwhile, in the sky, sunlight reflecting off Wonder Woman's armor, stands face to face now mocking the regenerated Tempest, "Took you long enough to patch yourself together." Irritated by her, the Black Lantern shoots a barrage of energy blasts but Wonder Woman is quicker than him, dodging each attack. The Amazon however, is not holding back. No flourishes or balletic leaps or spins. Every swing of her sword is a death blow scraping the flesh off Tempest. However, that is what the Black Lantern wanted. As the mighty heroine lunges for another swing and only inches from her, he shoots a condensed blast at close range. In spite of this, Wonder Woman expected this and allowed Tempest to fire only a few inches, harrowingly missing her side. At the same moment, she clamped down on both his arms. The corrupted being trying to pull his arms free is unable for the Amazon now in turn slams her head forward, butting Tempest in the face. With the Black Lantern staggering back, she quickly uses her lasso to ensnare him and yanking her lasso, swings him around throwing him the opposite direction.

[IMG]
    Arwen continuing her fight with the corrupted Celsius nearby is interrupted when Tempest crashes down into Celsius. With the three Black Lanterns indisposed, Mina jumps back into the fray and focuses a light blast directly at the trapped Negative Woman's ring. The Star Sapphire holding onto the light beam yells to one of the three heroines, "Now! Strike it's black ring!" Seizing the opportunity, Wonder Woman hurls her sword which bullets through the sky finding its mark. Having pierced the black ring, it states, "Connection Severed," causing the Negative Woman to explode in a bright light and the soul-self chasing after Arkaness vanishes. Tempest and Celsius rise back up to find themselves surrounded by Wonder Woman, Arkaness, Arwen Skywalker, the Star Sapphire Mina, and Steve Trevor. Undeterred, Celsius charges at the group, "Fools! You cannot stop us!" Despite that, the Black Lantern is suddenly crushed by a massive fist slamming down on her. Everyone looks up to see a giant woman, but it's not just any woman, it's Elasti-Girl, accompanied by the rest of her teammates, the Doom Patrol!

[IMG]
    • Like x 3