YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

This is the Story of My Character Made into a Movie
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, where did that Lantern cutscene come from? Blacque never got that
    Looks like a great story by the way Victor
    • Like x 1
  3. IamINC Dedicated Player

I am inc , I was violated by some exobyte thingy from space , now I burn things.

The end.
    • Like x 1
  4. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

Thank You Buddy, check out my channel link mrkingdmx1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Very EXCELLENTE. The video was a nice touch
    [IMG]
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night
    Uneasy Alliance

Amidst the raging battle in Qward, more and more Black Lanterns continue to flood in. Sinestro, Carol Ferris, and Indigo-1 continue to fight desperately after having witnessed Atrocitus, the leader of the Red Lanterns, fall against the four Black Lantern Inversions. However, the Inversions now turn their attention to them, Sinestro shouts orders via his ring to one of his corpsmen. Bedovian, the Sinestro Corps master sniper locks on from afar and fires at the Inversions cutting them down. The trio taking this opportunity to regroup try to take on Black Hand. However, Black Hand outmaneuvers them by using his ring, creating black skull constructs, which bite down onto them stopping them at their tracks. As each of them try to get the skulls off them, Black Hand continues his assault by creating a black pool under them creating a massive concussive explosion destroying the very floor they stood on throwing them in its wake. Sinestro, Indigo-1, and Carol Ferris were all thrown to the ground from the explosion. Sinestro getting back up finds himself confronted by Black Hand, "Poor Sinestro....afraid of death, are you?" Sinestro spitting out some of his blood defiantly replies, "Save your meaningless brooding for someone who cares." In turn, Black Hand begins to laugh and promptly raises his hand signaling the now regenerated Black Lantern Inversions to attack.

[IMG]
    Two of the Inversions immediately attack Indigo-1 and the Star Sapphire, Carol Ferris, while the other two go after Sinestro slamming down onto him from above. Sinestro slowly coming back to his feet from the attack is then hit repeatedly by one of the Inversions, "It seems your life, Thaal Sinestro is strung together with failures. Who did you fail? Your friends? Your family? or yourself?" Arkillo, another of Sinestro's corpsmen, seeing Sinestro in peril commands a group of his corpsmen behind him to charge. The Sinestro Corps charges against the Black Lanterns with such ferocity it causes one of the other Inversions fighting Sinestro to turn their attention to them. Meanwhile, the other Inversion attacking Sinestro tries to strike him but his black fist is caught by Sinestro's hand. The Black Lantern tries to use its ring but a now angered Sinestro creates a giant hand construct grabbing the Black Lantern's arm crushing it, "You think the golden light of terror that fuels me can burn out so easily?" Unrelenting, Sinestro continues his counterattack by creating vast amounts of yellow orbs surrounding the Inversion, "My name is Sinestro, I am the leader of the Sinestro Corps of space sector 1417." The yellow orbs constructs begin to change into yellow spears which impale the Black Inversion through various parts of its body. Still not finished, Sinestro changing the constructs into spear hooks which begin to pull the Inversion apart, "Go back to the abyss for my army is now and forever!"

[IMG]
    Black Hand looks on in shock while all the Sinestro corpsmen after witnessing Sinestro ripping the Black lantern apart cheer in unison rallying to their leader, "All Hail Sinestro!" Sinestro with new vigor, leads the way as all his corpsmen form a wedge behind him. They smash their way through the Black Lantern ranks, releasing their pent-up anger and hatred. Meanwhile, Carol and Indigo-1 continue their fight against the two Black Lantern Inversions not noticing a black ring flying past them near the corpse of Atrocitus. As Black Hand continues looking on now amused, "Rest assured, you will all die today and be risen as my playthings." The black ring begins to state, "Atrocitus of Ryut. Ri..." However, a faint noise of a beating heart begins to beat more and more, "BaBum.....BaBum......BaBumBaBumBaBum." In which point Atrocitus opens his eyes and standing back up alive and stronger than ever, "The rage. The rage of battle thunders like the beat of my heart," and enters the battle once again by grabbing the two Black Inversions fighting Carol and Indigo-1, "You things may slaughter the other corps but the RED LANTERNS will not fall so easily!" As Atrocitus spewed his burning red blood onto the two Black Lanterns, many of the Red Lanterns who were thought killed in the battle rose up just like Atrocitus filled with rage once more.

[IMG]
    Sinestro witnessing the Red Lanterns now rallying against the Black Lanterns regroups with Carol Ferris and Indigo-1, "From what we witnessed, the Red Lantern's rings seem to have replaced their hearts. That may give them and us, an advantage." As the battle now turned against the Black Lanterns, Black Hand unaffected by the result takes to the air and states, "You only delay the inevitable," and flies out into space followed by his Black Lanterns. Though the forces of the Red Lanterns and Sinestro Corps were victorious, they once again were on the brink of restarting their fight that was interrupted by the Black Lanterns. Before it escalated even further, Carol Ferris and Indigo-1 approached both Sinestro and Atrocitus. Carol, pleading to both leaders, "Love it or hate it, we have to stand together. And you can bet those Black Lanterns are going to try again. If either one of you wants survive, you'll work with us to put an end to them." Indigo-1, adding to the conversation, "She is correct. Their objective is to destroy the central batteries of each spectrum and until now we have managed to stop them. However, the power of the Black Lanterns is growing. Nekron will use Black Hand to destroy all life. You have foreseen this, Atrocitus. I ask you, do we leave everything to its fate? Do we let everyone standalone against the gathering dark?"

Atrocitus halting his Red Lanterns, replies, "The guardians' manhunters annihilated every living thing in my sector. Somehow, the Black Lanterns are their doing as well. I will fight to protect life from the Black Lanterns as I did against the manhunters. But when this is over, the guardians die." With a somewhat truce, Sinestro using his ring to communicate to his corps, "Corps. This is Sinestro. You will continue to protect Qward and the central power battery. For the time being...the other Corps except for the Black Lanterns are no longer enemies to be engaged."

Enter: Ashford, England

The bullet train that escaped the Black Lantern attack in London races forward passed Ebbsfleet Valley to make it on time onto the next station where the Justice League rescue team awaits. In one of the train's compartments, the Star Sapphire, Mina with her daughter reading a book by her side reveals to her mother Nastia all that transpired since she received her powers. Nastia, in utter disbelief in what Mina had gone through tried to make sense of it. But before either women could say a word, they are interrupted by one of the British soldiers who went to get Mina, "Miss Lyubov, my superior told me to get you. We have a problem." Nastia worried once more, "What kind of problem?" Mina then notices that the train is slowing down. The soldier turns back down the corridor with Mina behind but before leaving, she tells her daughter, "Remember sweetie, stay with Grandma," with Larisa nodding to her. Mina follows the soldier to the next train compartment entering upon the rest of the soldiers who have begun to get their weapons and stock up on ammo. Mina, spotting Steve Trevor, "What's going on?" Trevor turning to Mina responds, "One of our satellites spotted a group of Black Lanterns blocking the path of the train a few klicks from here. We're so close to the rendezvous point, we could either try to fight our way and push through or we can divert their attention away and have the train make it." Meanwhile, the Black Lantern's down the train's path begin to feel the succulent emotions up ahead. However, these are not mere human Black Lantern's but the Corrupted Doom Patrol.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Sorry for the late reply on this, nicely done Ms. Benz. I think the mark of a good story is making you care about the character(s) in it. I have been following the adventures of Mina as you write them and find myself genuinely interested in what happens to her and the others around her. A tip of the hat to you and I look forward to more as we see what Mina does with the Corrupted Doom Patrol.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You should be writing for DC, these stories need to be the next big thing :D
    • Like x 3
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Dark. That is quite the compliment. Though I am adapting the Blackest Night story arc and fitting Mina's story into it, I like to share the epicness by including cameos of other forumites. Who knows, you might make a cameo somewhere in the final battle ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't read anything DC in years, you are still doing a great job :D
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Interesting concept Aaron159Z, hope to read more, may help to work on the grammar and the 'flow' to make reading it easier (don't worry, not just picking on you, still point these things out to BernUnit from time to time :p)
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, can see it did you nothing, won't be reading anything further

If you hear nothing wrong after having someone read this back to you out loud, then there is nothing that can be done and your English teachers should be fired and never allowed to teach again
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wasn't 'messing with you', was attempting to help, if you had mentioned the learning disability would have understood (have that as well and tend to 'type' as 'speak', and that's why you won't catch me using personal pronouns on a forum or a comment section: was chased out of a game because of it, other players broke the rules of the game to have character tricked trapped and executed, with explicit agreement with the MODs who are supposed to be there to enforce the rules {and in this game, you are only allowed one character per player, and if one dies, and you create another, it is implicitly against the rules to even have some of the old characters' gear end up with the new character})

If you won't accept constructive advice on how to improve your work, you won't ever be taken seriously or have your work published (unless you self-publish)
    • Like x 2
  14. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

You've got a computer? You've got a cell phone? Have you ever used the voice to text capability? It may help you out in the long run. This may be the thing for you, Aaron. And DarkVisor brought up a valid point, self publishing. I've been down that road and I've seen some positive results (things were different in the 90's). Also, go to the conventions, pick the writers brains, take notes( or record audio notes so you can say, "note to self..." and look kinda cool doing it), get input and feedback, pay your dues, and act on it. Having a learning disability doesn't necessarily mean you can't, you just got to work harder to get what you want. So go and get 'em, kiddo!
    • Like x 2
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Subject: Mina Lyubov
    Blackest Night
    Dead Reckoning

Enter: Outside Ashford, England

Mina huddled alongside Steve Trevor and the team of British soldiers decides that she alone will draw the attention of the nearby Black Lanterns that block the trains path in order for them to make it to the rendezvous. Trevor responding to Mina's plan, "Mina, no offense I'm well aware that you can handle yourself but..." Before Trevor can even finish his sentence, Mina interrupts him, "You said it yourself, I'm the biggest gun you have and I fought these things before. Besides, should something happen, at least you can get these people to safety." Mina, turns leaving the soldiers and returns to the train compartment to bid farewell to her family, "Mom, there's been a change in plans. Both of you are going on ahead with everyone else on the train." Nastia now worriedly surprised, "Wait. You're staying here? Don't tell me..." Mina trying to reassure her mother, "Mom. I have to do this." However, Mina then feels Larisa's small hand tugging at her leg, "...Mommy?" Seeing her daughter scared for her, Mina kneels down and consoles Larisa, "Honey, there is nothing to worry about. It's just like last time. I'm just going to make sure the area is safe. I'll come back. I promise." As Mina headed out of the room Nastia tells her to be careful which Mina replies with a nod.

As Mina stood facing the train door, she looked at her ring noticing her hand somewhat trembling. She was nervous. Mina takes a moment, closing her eyes, takes a breath, forcing herself to be strong. For her family. For her daughter. As she was about to step out, Steve Trevor, donning a battle harness and checking his M416 assault rifle, "Wait up." Mina seeing Steve preparing to coming along, "I thought I told you I was going alone. You don't have any special powers but yet your willing to risk your life? Aren't you afraid of dying?" Trevor, now ready to go, looks at Mina and replies, "Somethings are worth dying for. If I have never taken such risks, I would have never met my Angel. Besides, the plan hasn't changed, the soldiers will go on ahead making sure everyone gets to the extraction point." Trevor opens the door, preceding to jump down out of the train and turns to Mina, "You coming?" Amused, Mina flies out the door telling Trevor, "You must be a handful for that Angel of yours," and creates a violet platform construct for Steve to stand on. Before closing the train door, the British officer tells Trevor, "Remember Trevor, you two only need to hold them off until we're clear, then get yourselves out of there!" with Steve responding with a thumbs up as both he and Mina fly off to meet the Black Lanterns.
    [IMG]
    As the duo fly closer towards their objective, Trevor tells Mina, "This is close enough. We don't want to be flying in the air like sitting ducks. We'll use the surrounding trees as cover." Mina agrees and begins to descend when suddenly Trevor begins to get a feeling they're being watched. Nearing the ground, Mina next to Trevor asks, "What's wrong?" and looks around. Trevor however, trying to focus, hears faint movement through some of the trees and is suddenly attacked from behind by the radioactive soul self of the Corrupted Negative Woman. Luckily, Mina seeing the attack pushes Trevor aside just in time for the soul self just barely striking past both of them. The bandaged corpse of the Corrupted Negative Woman laughingly mocking Mina as she walked towards her, "Such quick reflexes. I wonder how long that will last because I think she likes you." Though not hurt from the fall, Trevor gets back up and realizes who they're up against, "It can't be," and begins firing his weapon but the ground near him gets bombarded by energy blasts from above causing him to take cover. Looking up, Mina spots the Black Lantern from above, the Corrupted Tempest, whose attention is now on her, "Wow. Aren't you quite the beauty. You must have knocked them dead on the pageant circuit."
    [IMG]
    With the two Black Lanterns' fixated on Mina, Trevor begins loading a grenade round onto his assault rifle to provide backup but before he can even use it, another Black Lantern hidden atop the trees comes dropping down from above trying to land a knifehand strike at him. Trevor instinctively uses his rifle to block the incoming attack and ends up facing directly at the Corrupted Celsius, who now grasping onto Trevor's rifle with her left hand causes it to sizzle. Trevor let's go of the assault rifle and quickly takes out his sidearm to fire at the Black Lantern but is quickly disarmed by Celsius. On the defensive, Trevor tries to jump kick the Black Lantern to the face but is quickly blocked by her black palm and is single-handedly swung around by his foot colliding into a tree. Mina flying to his aid, "Steve!" quickly creates a whip construct that binds Celsius and is pulled away from Trevor. However, Tempest sends an energy blast aimed at Mina causing her to release Celsius in order to shield herself from the blast. Mina now found herself in a three on one fight against the Corrupted Doom Patrol.
    [IMG]
    The trio immediately go on the attack but the Star Sapphire holding out her ring shoots three light blasts aimed at the Black Lanterns. Each of the blasts are either deflected or dodged giving Mina a chance to go on the offensive and flies directly at the Corrupted Negative Woman. Mina noticing the soul self of the Black Lantern right on her tail about to shoot a radioactive blast at her; attacks the Negative women by kneeing her to the face and quickly flips over her. Stunned by the attack, the Corrupted being does not notice the following incoming blast and is hit by her own attack. Not letting up, the Corrupted Celsius immediately jumps in fighting Mina in hand to hand combat. The two trade blows, hands and feet parrying in an unrelenting fury but it is obvious Celsius is the more skilled of the two. Mina, caught in a grapple is startled back as she felt a severe cold feeling on her forearm that was grasped by Celsius's right hand. As the Black Lantern tried to continue her assault, Mina, creates a giant violet bear trap construct which traps Celsius in place. Unbeknownst, Tempest positions himself behind Mina and shoots an energy beam at the Star Sapphire. However, Mina's quick reflex allowed her to create a shield construct deflecting the beam towards the trapped Celsius blowing her head off.

The Corrupted Tempest now irritated, "Cute. Real cute, bimbo. Serves me right for trying to be nice. This time all bets are off." Tempest, now focusing his energy for a more powerful blast is caught by surprise when a fired shot sends a grenade round into his back exploding his torso and causing the remains of the Black Lantern to fall to the ground. Surprised, Mina turns to see Trevor holding his assault rifle, gun smoke wafting from the chamber and barrel, "I'm not out of this fight just yet. Come on!" Trevor then throws a smoke bomb which gives them cover to fall back. Meanwhile, back at the train, the commanding officer spots the colored smoke from afar and with the path clear, the train restarts.
    • Like x 3
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Another great entry Ms Benz, but, to show not just 'picking on' Aaron, there are a few places could have improved (namely, not repeating the names quite as often) but, over all, it 'flowed' easy enough
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Lol no worries. I appreciate the advice. Since some of the scenes involved back and forth action pieces between 5 people, I was trying to keep it simple so whoever is reading won't get mixed up. It's easily conveyed in comic book panels , but at least I have some of you guys to provide some editorial advice. Plus I was writing this at midnight last night with my cup of coffee :p
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It doesn't ruin it (or whatever) but sometimes, within the same sentence, you don't need to repeat the names
    But, not a professional editor let alone a writer (although have long wanted to be an editor, but the only course found years ago required being a writer first, or at least at the same time), so these are just POO :D
    • Like x 1
  19. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

[IMG]

Well done Ms. Benz. Thoroughly enjoying the reads as usual. I am jealous of your ability to depict the action within your stories. I think they are really well done. A agree with Visor about the back and forth with the names but also understand that in the format we are telling our stories it is necessary to keep things on track and flowing. I like the use of the Doom Patrol, not characters I am really familiar with but it did prompt me to do a little research on them. The duo of Mina and Trevor is a nice pair. Does Mina know who the "Angel" he is referring to is? As always, really enjoying the reads and look forward to the next chapter.

• Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Thanks Bern. Yeah, I'm still trying to improve in my writing. It's probably better for me not to stay up in the way early morning (after midnight) writing these, lol. Thanks for the remark on the Doom Patrol. I like including characters from the DC universe that not many people are familair with and take a spin using them. Thankfully the team has been given some spots in past animated works like in the Teen Titans and Batman The Brave and the Bold shows. And yes, Mina will soon get to know the woman of Wonder very soon, including cameos from a well known league. Hint, hint, Girls are part of the League's name ;)
    • Like x 2