You Pays Your Money And You Takes Your Chances! (PVE Legends Feats)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Benn 10, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benn 10 Committed Player

This Post is to reflect a genuine concern of mine regarding the newly added PvE legends feats. My concern is mostly is regards to the legends Characters that we can only unlock with real currency. To me as a consumer this seems a bit unfair. I understand this is a business and with all businesses there are business models set in place to maintain and acquire a certain level Profit. And with that understanding I have given back to a game where I enjoy to spent my extra time. I have been legendary as long as I can remember plus I spend a good amount throughout the month on various things. How I look at it, I love to play this game I do my part to help it succeed. But as I look through the list of the newly added PVE legends feats I see a requirement to unlock Circe. Which from my understanding can only be unlocked with a cash purchase.

So in truth if I would like to complete the feats where she is required I would need to spent real money to complete these. This In my opinion seem like the first step to having to buy feats. Yes I know I will physically have to complete the instance to acquire this feat. But In order to be able to have an opportunity to do so, she has to be purchased. How is this reasonable? Is anyone feeling a little indifferent about this?
    • Like x 2
  2. Captain Neos Committed Player

I recall it being mentioned that it woulf work much like anomolies do now in that we will be given the characters within the instance and not have access unless purchased outside of ut. I could be wrong of course but I do recall that being mentioned.
    • Like x 3
  3. Benn 10 Committed Player

You know I thought the same think until I seen the patch notes, it said something along the lines of it was added to give
    You time to unlock the characters that you don't have.
  4. Little Sister New Player

Can't you team up with someone that has Circe ?
  5. Benn 10 Committed Player

Lol Honestly I don't personally know many people who have her. But that not really the point I am getting at though. If this is okay, it makes it okay to charge us real money to aquire feats. I know this seems like something small, But it just seems to open the door for the possibilities in the future to be charged to get certain feats.
  6. Little Sister New Player

I was thinking that it would encourage more LFG shouts for certain characters, and I was kind of excited for that. I guess it's all how you look at it.
  7. Captain Neos Committed Player

Well I'll be damned you are right. Unless they are giving a way to buy them in game with marks I wont be buying them off the marketplace personally so I guess I'll miss out on feats lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Yup, I recall the same. What Neo said.
  9. Benn 10 Committed Player

Yeah this is what was added in the patch notes

"·Feats for the upcoming Legends PvE feature have been added to the Achievements menu. Check them out now so you can unlock any characters you might need before the event begins. News on the launch of Legends PvE will be coming soon."
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Honestly, most good teams will probably be running a Batman and a Doctor Fate. After that it's a bit up in the air.
  11. Benn 10 Committed Player

Yeah, it seems a bit much.
  12. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Well, it's not the first time there are feats only available after buying marketplace stuff. Movement mode races, off role styles... I guess it will be up to the player to decide if those feats worth the money or not.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not going to buy any legend character for 10 points, but others may, so...
    • Like x 2
  13. Captain Neos Committed Player

Are there any specific feats asking particular characters? Had a look and it seems general family members are all that are needed.
  14. Benn 10 Committed Player

And I have in the past switched movements, and powers to acquire certain feats. But I am sure it wasn't originally designed for us to spend money to do so, it seemed to just came about in the games development (referencing the different movement feats) . This having to buy a character to complete a feat seems engineered just For the purpose of selling a character.
  15. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

most of the feats ask for certain heroes or villains to complete. Circe and Wonder Girl are two that come to mind
  16. Benn 10 Committed Player

Yes these feats:

•"Team-Up Checklist: Villain 1"
    •"Team Up:Felix Faust and Circe"
    •"Checklist: Villain 1"

These are the feats associated with Circe from what I can see.
  17. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I brought this up when they appeared in the test server, got told it was going to be like anomolies then to
  18. Captain Neos Committed Player

I checked it out on test, seeing as the general ones are in game but not the Gotham ones. Not as bad as I thought the majority are doable lol these just get to join the exobyte gathering feat as stuff that is not high priority.
  19. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

We shall see. Not all the details have been released yet
    • Like x 2
  20. Benn 10 Committed Player

I was thinking the same thing until I seen the patch notes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.