Yellow Dominance???

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CanopicJar, Jul 2, 2014.

1. SickoTheClown New Player

This is exactly what I meant. If you don't have the dom your not going to pull very well. As a Tank pulls are our main way to get aggro so it in turn effects our aggro. I didn't feel the need to get into the details.
  2. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Right, I mean there's no Dom & Resto mod plan for a reason lol.
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

when in tank stance you could have zero dominance specced, and you would still gain aggro just by hitting a power. dominance doesnt effect aggro one bit.
    • Like x 3
  4. Lightws Dedicated Player

Because dominance is a tanks SUPPORT stat which is why it is in SUPPORT.
    Anyway there's no need for a troller to have more dominance if anything put power in if you think health isn't useful.
    This isn't even worth the complaining and also the response to the complaining.
  5. Tallion Well-Known Player

Pulls are not the main way to get aggro, activating any power will gain you aggro in tank stance. The pull is just a cc to get the adds in close proximity and grouped up, so they're in range for your dps' AoE attacks or to change positioning of the adds for any reason.

You could go in any content with zero dominance and you will still gain aggro when activating a power, the only thing you won't be able to do is pull anything or further increase your damage mitigation.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tallion Well-Known Player

It's definitely NOT more important or even on the same level of importance to trollers. Someone here said (not sure if true but let's assume it is) that every 500 Dom will increase a trollers cc duration by 1 sec, Dom is probably the hardest stat to accumulate.. you really think putting this much effort into getting Dom is worth 1 more second of cc'ing?

All trollers can do is stun/freeze adds in place or encase them and unintentionally have the dps knocking them around like a pinball machine, wich isn't optimal unless the group gets attacked and immidiate defensive actions are required to survive.
    Besides once u meet the required Dom of the content you're running, you're good.

Tanks are the main crowd controllers as they regularly need to keep the enemies on them and off of you, sometimes they need to reposition a group of adds. They also use Dominance to strengthen their shields as well as to further boost their damage mitigation, wether it be through health (fire, rage) or defense (earth). That's why Dom is more important to tanks than to controllers.
  7. ChaosInternational New Player

People, dom also applies to a trolls group shields as well as their own. The higher a trolls dom, the higher survivability rate they have. Suggested dom for an instance is like the minimum cr requirement, only enough to get by.
    • Like x 1
  8. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

Until the other day it was an ENDURANCE mod. Lmao you're capitalizing like it hasn't been blue for 99.999999% of the game. Show me where it isn't blue or a combination of blue anywhere else in the game. Show me someplace else in the game where it is a SUPPORT mod. I swear ppl on here sometimes. As if I don't have a decent reason for making this thread.

And you... I never once used that ******** encasement, not ever. So stop already with that 1 dumb *** example. The group is always getting attacked, it's kind of the point, so controllers crowd control is necessary. Tanks are using it for the same exact reason as us; to cc in order to keep damage to a minimum, but it is not their primary job, tanking is. Tanks do not need dom more than us. We also have shields that also work with dominance so you made no pint there at all. I shouldn't even have responded to this for the simple fact that you said tanks are the main crowd controllers lmao. Our job description is in our name smh.

Anybody else?????????? No, let me rephrase... Anybody with a sensible, unbiased opinion? Anybody with something better than "I'm a tank and I need dom more cause I do all the work" lol... Anybody with something better than "it's yellow now, color never mattered" or "it's ALWAYS been yellow dude, it's always been a tank's SUPPORT stat... Just look at every other mod and socket in the... oh **** you're right bro, it's an endurance mod, they're all blue."

If not, then can we let this thread die please? I didn't start it so people could come in saying random unfounded stupid stuff about their favorite role so please spare me that bs. And thanks to all those who actually had something beneficial to add to the discussion.
  9. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

10. badname8 New Player

Been tanking for almost 4 years but you don't know DOM has VERY little to do with the aggro a tank pulls....and you have the nerve to not only laugh at him but tell him in a public forum that you're laughing at him? FYI DOM is ONLY used for cc, breakouts, shields and brick (iirc). Tanks pull aggro with a different mechanic. A mechanic shared by no other role. Imagine whose laughing now ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. badname8 New Player

Forgot to add a tanks defense to the things DOM effects.
  12. Lacedog Loyal Player

Dominance only directly effects an earth tanks defense. It effects the other tanks differently.
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Dom does do one more thing for tanks people have not mentioned in here. Each tank power gets a increase of something. Like fire every point of dom a fire tank gets 2.2 points of health, earth gets more defense, ice gets stronger shields and up their defense, and rage gets a bigger health buff. So the more dom a tank has makes a them more sturdy to be able to tank.

Trolls should be happy that power is blue instead of yellow. Both tanks and trolls get something out of it , trolls are able to get vit and power and tanks can get dom and health. Sounds fair to me.
    • Like x 2
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

it has nothing to do with ice's defense. they get a flat % increase to their defense similar to fire getting 60% health for activating a power. i want to say they get 90% defense for activating a power. everything else is on point though
    • Like x 1
  15. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Yeah. Ice, I don't know much about. Thanks! I don't want to give the wrong info.
    • Like x 2
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

i hear ya, ive played all of the tank powers, and ice the least of the bunch.
    • Like x 1
  17. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

Yes, this much I have to agree with. It's just that imo power is less of a priority than dom for a role that creates power for itself better than any other, yet must be able to stun adds in order to be truly effective. Perhaps I'm alone in this thinking, but I don't think so.
  18. Lacedog Loyal Player

i know this used to be true, but at equal level gear, controllers have more dominance than tanks. and now a days dominance is through the roof, just like any other stat. i would think for controllers being able to get more vit and power would be better than losing out on vit and trying to get more dom, which they already have plenty of.
    i understand your concern though. like someone else already mentioned, i think its the way it is now to prevent healers and ice tanks from from stacking dom along with resto.
    • Like x 1
  19. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

Fair enough. Thanks for your perspective.
  20. Tallion Well-Known Player

" I shouldn't even have responded to this for the simple fact that you said tanks are the main crowd controllers lmao". Do we not constantly need to pull or otherwise reposition the adds?

I will let it die, after saying this though. I never said YOU in particular use the encasement but most trollers do. Dom is only useful to trollers for their shield and a couple of seconds of crowd control capability, that's it. Yes the group occasionally has to deal with stray adds but that's why the tank should pull them back. My post is not biased because i also stated that trollers can stun/freeze said stray adds but you only need te required Dom to do so.

Tanks use Dom for more than cc'ing, yes they pull adds, infact they pull a whole bunch of them.. how may can a troller pull to save a group from certain death? HL is the only power i know that can do that but if that troll gains aggro from 3 or 4 adds it's nap time. Tanks having strong shields benefits the whole group because if we die, it's pretty much game over. i've actually already said this but you chose to disregard it for some reason, tanks also use Dom to boost their damage mitigation (not talking only about shields here, i'm talking raw stats, except for ice) therefore increasing the whole groups chances of survival once again.

Long story short, Dom has more use for a tank and the groups survivability. Trollers only need to incapacitate stray adds for a quick second, so the tank can gain back aggro. My main point simply was, once you posses the required Dom you're good.