Yellow Dominance???

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CanopicJar, Jul 2, 2014.

1. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

So tanks get to have 4 health & 4 dominance generator mods while trolls have to choose between vit and dom because they are both yellow.... how is that fair? I know tanks would be the ones getting the shaft if it was blue, but hey, dominance IS blue. Why couldn't they come up with a way to let both roles have a fair share of dom? I guess the dev's thinking was that trolls get pwr & vit, but c'mon now, we make our own power. Dom is more important with such limited slots imo.
    • Like x 1
  2. KatanaRamaRage New Player

trolls dont need added dominance. they are not ment to have more dom than a tank dude to pvp also when in controll they have a significant increase in their control powers. vit is all they need
  3. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

Lol how do you figure? I don't pvp and am not concerned with the benefits of dom in pvp. However trolls most certainly do need dom, it helps us cc. I would say it's more important to us than tanks, or at least just as important.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pandora Demon New Player

I don't think Tanks would be getting a big shafting if they do this because: you could use that extra Dom+Resto to increase strength of GS Shield, and Heals as a Tank in general. It might be to keep healers from getting OP stat increases( Dom=Resto, basically).
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

The generator mods don't work in pvp.
  6. Renzenku New Player

Dom totaly should have been blue, i dont need health and power in pvp or pve as a fully geared ice tank. I do use the resto for 1v1's to help with my regen shield white mod, letting me mod my gear with: vit & prec, dom &prec, and stright precision 6's for my 4v4's and 5's to make my speed drain op. The problem is as a competitive ice tank im wearing dps gear and i need that boost in dom even it is only plus 9 per generator mod. My pve tank gear has more then enough dom, but in pve i want as much as i can get.
    • Like x 2
  7. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Nothing is wrong with this.
    Some of the tanks have to choose between Resto and Dom.
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Dom is useful to the point of the minimum required for any given instance. Anything above the minimum required is gravy.

The effects it has on crowd control are extremely minimal, the shields arent used enough to worry about the few extra points and it wont allow you to control anything stronger like bosses. All controllers need is Vit.
    • Like x 1
  9. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

The fact that it's yellow makes something wrong with it bcuz it's been blue since forever, and they wouldn't have to choose between resto and dom if it was blue. In addition, resto and health both work towards the same end, while vit and dom have totally different purposes. Tanks should have to choose between resto and health, having both is overkill. Bottom line is the system is limited and trolls ended up getting the short end of the stick due to dom not being the color it's always been.
    That's correct, but you're assuming everyone is fully geared/modded. Trolls need it to be able to stun in the first place, while gearing up. I made a thread here a while back because one day I wasn't able to stun the drones on inner4. Thought it was a glitch, but it turns out that the devs buffed them a bit and I couldn't do jack until I got more dom/better gear. Gearing up takes time, and more time for some than others. Trolls could definitely use a dom boost if there's one to be had. Besides, when your toon is max geared & modded, all these extra stat increases are just "gravy" for any role, no?
  10. SickoTheClown New Player

Please tell me that this is a joke...
    As a person that's been tanking for almost four years I'm laughing pretty hard at this. More important? Ok try to have more dom and have fun pulling more aggro than a tank and see how that works for you. I understand the importance of dom for trolls (I troll frequently) but to say its more important, you just use it for cc so as long as you have enough its fine. Do you forget that part of a tanks role is also cc?
    We keep the big hurty ouch guys from punching your face and making you die really fast.

And to saying that choosing between resto and health is overkill?
    Um... Idk if you know this but we kinda need to take all the big blows here.
    Resto effects the durability of shields along with dom. And some tanks such as Fire and Rage both need to heal themselves and that is a big part of their mechanic and just health alone wont help if you jack it all the way up and cant heal it, so they do need resto for a reason.
  11. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

I read that dominance DOES NOT affect a tank's ability to draw aggro... so can someone who actually knows the truth of this provide some info/proof please? I'm not saying you don't know Sicko, but I'd like to see some proof if possible or at least a majority vote/comment from the vets for my own education as well as the community's. If dom does not affect aggro, then all tanks are only using it for the same reason as trolls, in which case they need it no more than a troll does, less imo because Controlling is OUR job, taking damage is the tank's. If however, dom does affect a tank's ability to draw aggro, then I stand corrected... but that begs another question; how much dom does a tank need to draw aggro?

Both resto and health directly affect your health no matter how you look at it. Obviously, the generator mods are limited and not designed for us to upgrade all stats at once; you have to pick and choose, so yeah, it is overkill imo. Either you want survive-ability via shields and good healing or you want it via lots of health.

Btw we need dom for our shields too. That's the second comment saying all we need is vit like trolls don't have shields or our shields don't matter or we don't use them. Says who?
  12. MetalMario Loyal Player

Dom does not fit into the blue theme at all for the generator slots, which increaes your personal pools. There is no personal dom pool, so it doesn't belong there, and the fact that gear mods are blue for dom is irrelevant.
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

dom doesn't effect aggro 1 bit....first read the description of dominance in the stats menu of your character ...

Second I believe it was spord or tunso that confirmed this... You could always send them an inbox message and ask... Anyone who uses this forum and still thinks aggro is effected by dom ... I don't even know what to say.....

Dom strengthens shields strengthens cc effects which include juggles stuns pulls(not pulling aggro but actual pulls adds from one side of the screen to you) encasements... And strengthens heals

That is all dim does aggro does not get effected by dom
    • Like x 2
  14. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Wrong dom is needed as a troll in order to assist the tank in knockdowns stuns n juggles and helps very much when popping group shields
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Once a troll reaches the minimum requirement on dom for the content... It doesn't do any better on cc effects... It will strengthen your shield yes but it won't do any better in terms of crowd control...

Tanks use dom for more then just crowd control and shields... Earth tanks for example it increases our defense the more dom I have the more defense i gain....

It effects tanks cc strength the same as trolls tho

I would say based on that all tanks use dom to strengthen their durability in content... Tanks have priority in dominance
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If you make it a blue mod Healers would gain added healing, Tanks would have to choose and Controllers would gain the use of both. Two roles get a boost but Tanks have to choose. The reasoning to keep Dominance a yellow mod may be to limit the healing output of Healers and limit the control durations of Controllers. I'll bet this is the reasoning with the first reason being more prominent.
    • Like x 2
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Not true. Every 500 Dominance gains you a second of control duration.
    • Like x 5
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Did not know this thanks for the tip
  19. CanopicJar Well-Known Player

Mario no offense, but this post doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps you could explain your point better...
    What do you mean by "personal" pool? There are group pools??? Also, by your reasoning resto, prec, and might don't belong either because they don't have a pool like health and power that can be depleted. Stats are stats bro.. you really have to explain that one to me.

The color of mods has an enormous effect on our gear since we don't get the crits and bonuses if they don't match. As far as generator mods go, the color does matter there as well because I cannot fully spec into vit and dom as I would with my gear. It's as if you missed the whole point of my OP.

Thank you!!!!!! I knew I was right about this :D
  20. CanopicJar Well-Known Player