In Progress XBox Crashing

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Diamond Luvs44, Feb 4, 2021.

1. iLazy Well-Known Player

2. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

It is honestly quite disgusting that this is still a prominent issue weeks after the update that messed everything up. What are the devs even doing over there to fix this because it seems like nothing. Being afraid to even go to HOL or go to Cursed gotham because of the crashes that happen literally every single time i go there makes me not even want to play the game. I know a bunch of people who have stopped playing because of that messed up update and havent been on and gave up on the game until it gets fixed. Crashing in the game like 30 times a day is wild and really kills moral. Fix your game, shouldnt even have to be said.
    • Like x 2
  3. iLazy Well-Known Player

Game still crashing like nothing good. In watchtower 30/250 ppl and anyone got crashed in 10min, one by one.

No news about a fix?
    • Like x 2
  4. Diegoelunico New Player

This is so true. Our 'safe places' have now become Death Traps, below I leave a list of currently ongoing crashing areas/Death Traps:

• House of Legends (all phases. DO NOT access main area flying or at super speed, or you'll crash)
    • Dakota, as soon as you teleport there, a crash is waiting for you.
    • Watchtower, as iLazy mentioned, yesterday we were doing a silly style contest and we all crashed one after another, SEVERAL times. This is outrageous!!
    • Cursed Gotham, beware of going back to reclaim your rewards from the cemetery, that will send you to your desktop wallpaper on Xbox.

For now those are the places that keep constantly crashing, but this needs to be fixed ASAP.

It's definitely very hard to play a game that keeps crashing.

Please fix it! Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  5. iLazy Well-Known Player

Holy Hera, my superfriends! It's been three weeks since the Valentine's update dropped, and I'm feeling like poor Harvey Dent before his downfall. Instead of a romantic escapade into the world of heroes and villains, all we got was a nightmare of heart-shaped glitches and buggy code crashing more often than the Joker's schemes.

So here we are, stuck surrounded by heartful glitches and broken promises. Daybreak, if you're out there, please fix this chaos before I lose my sanity faster than Bruce Wayne loses his parents. Until then, I'll be here, waiting for a Valentine's miracle that may never come. Holy heartful glitches...

TLDR: Push

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Dirty Paw New Player

The game is like a car crash, you know it's terrible and disgusting, but you also can't look away. :oops:
    These crashes have been happening since the new Social hub was introduced, but they have never been this bad.
    • Like x 3
  7. Unknown1 Level 30

I am now crashing in a corner of my lair. Is there really a fix in the works or is this like the orange mist mission in Metropolis Battle Zone?
    • Like x 3
  8. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Crashing sometimes in my bases too. I guess this is not going to be fixed soon, because it is getting worse instead of better.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  9. CherrySm0ke New Player

Transparency on the issue is needed. Having HOL lobbies split has done little to improve crashes. Crashes still happen upon entering and leaving zones loaded into and out of. This on top of the multitude of bugs that have presented themselves on Xbox over the past several updates.

-Issues with matchmaking for on duty.
    -Issues with menus, cursor disappearance when navigating menus.
    -Bank menu's cursor sticking when moving items.
    -Fortify menu cursor freezes up, forcing to exit and re-enter menu to continue fortifications.
    -Style menus cursor disappearing when navigating, getting stuck.

There's others, some mentioned on this thread as well.
    Also, I created this thread, why was it hijacked by the luvs44 person? Did devs just decide to tack it onto a years old Xbox crash thread? Curious...
    • Like x 3
  10. iLazy Well-Known Player

Angeliana

Ender1Game

I wonder if there's an issue with keeping us informed about the current status of the game issues. We've been waiting for a solution for three weeks now, and it would be really nice to get a bit more transparency. Or is the community manager only responsible for warm welcome messages?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Tango_hearts New Player

No one lives there...i like base/hideout access within cursed Gotham .it stands to resin that support doesn't draw much focus in these areas (no one lives there) iv seen other players expressing their disappointment with the available base/hideout availability list.also there's never been anything new on this list.its not a total fix however its a start maybe that would draw a little more attention to server errors.
    • Like x 1
  12. OvaRated New Player

March..

Still disconnecting …

Wow.
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

I don´t know how the situation is currenctly looking, but that´s great information ("House of Legends, all phases. DO NOT access main area flying or at super speed, or you`ll crash")
    That should be due to "draw distances" which determine when 3D Objects, Players etc getting drawn/rendered.

I´ve been testing some stuff more advanced and checking what possibly could be issues in the performance sector of the game,https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...esh-question-to-developers-3d-artists.330955/

I´ve mentioned in past already that in certain situations (Many players at the same place) there is to much load on the hardware, due to either to many vertices/draw calls and/or material changes (Textures of base game, clothing, materials etc. )

And that´s also the reason why i´ve said last year with PS crashes to reduce phase sizes, they have sadly done way later.

However, last days i remembered that there been graphic settings changes and issues with overwriting AA (MSAA) and also if im not mistaken Vsync. Now since i don´t have a XBOX or PS, i asked some PS players (Same server with PC) If there is a setting for them to turn on/off Vsync, but they responded there isn´t...so i guess there wont be on XBOX. But it would be important that Vsync is active on those devices (PC is a different story, would also be better but still) Otherwise i believe that the frames per seconds are uncapped due to "Allow 60 fps" setting which allows fps above that, which doesn´t make sense for an MMO like this, which could be the issue/prevent some crashes, i know there is another crash issue, but thats caused by trying to enter a full-phase at login (True phase size). And possibly other crashes which i can´t figure out from here or haven´t yet figured out.

Since i don´t know if active or disabled, try if changing your refresh rate to 60hz makes a difference if it was set to 120hz, if it does it means that Vsync is on and would be good. Still, i hope developers could check if thats the case.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/display-sound/change-tv-display-resolution