X-Men Dark Phoenix movie

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Don't forget whoever Jessica is playing is going to be the villain of the movie and from what I can see neither Hope nor Rachel have been in that category but I'm not that familiar with the characters so I only know what a quick search came up with.
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Yeah I forgot about that. I guess that rules that out but still if she isn't Lilandra or a X-men related red head, then I am stumped
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

She's still too old to have been Rachel, and who said she has to be playing a redhead? Nebula in GotG wasn't a redhead (she didn't even have hair!)
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Apparently when Grace tweeted that this video was up stating it's title, Jessica responded with "no I'm not". So she's not the Dark Phoenix then.
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    [IMG]
    So actor Daniel Cudmore, who portrayed Colossus, was spotted where Xmen Dark Phoenix is filming which lead many to speculate that he will be doing the role once again. However, once asked via Twitter for a confirmation, he declined to answer. Still, if they do, did FOX completely forget the more awesome Colossus that was in Deadpool?
    [IMG]
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I thought Last Stand was supposed to be Dark Phoenix...
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It was, in that movie. Now they are doing a new movie.

FOX has never given a crap about continuity.
  9. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Rachel started out as a mutant hunting mutant, but they already did that with Caliban, so I doubt they'd do it again. But, I suppose they could play her as a reluctant Villain.
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just an update on the upcoming X-men film. Besides some of the promotional stuff that was released and I personally didn't like, it appears the costume designers and studio are once again going back to the classic style that was used in X-men First Class. I mean, what happened to the costumes that were worn at the end of the X-men Apocalypse? I mean are they still afraid to be bold and adapt some more designs from the comic. Heck, the film is set in the 90s, it seems like a missed opportunity to not use some of the 90s X-men character designs. Here are some photos
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From the looks of those set photos the uniforms look like they took some inspiration from the X-Factor uniforms.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

That or they're just using the look of the suit Negasonic used in the Deadpool movie. Either way, they're going with the classic blue and yellow as it was in the comics
    [IMG]
    However, what happened to the suits they used at the end of Xmen Apocaplyse
    [IMG]
    It looked like the franchise was finally going in the right direction with the costume design and since Xmen Dark Phoenix was going to be set in the 90s, fans like myself were hoping they go with suit designs of the era when X-men in the comics was highest
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Man, I always liked Jim Lee's art style and take on characters, thank you for the reminder. :D

I'm still thinking they went a little X-Factor, though. The outfit Negasonic wore in Deadpool was more reminiscent of the First Class stuff, but if you look at what appears to be Cyclops in the distant set pic it just seems to have more of an X-Factor vibe.

• Like x 1
  14. Helderman Dedicated Player

Oh no, no Cudmossus again no
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So some bad news on not only the X-men Dark Phoenix film but on the New Mutants one as well. The studio has pushed back both films for a 2019 release. X-men Dark Phoenix will now be Feb 14, 2019, while New Mutants will now be Aug 2, 2019
    [IMG]
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    In some more troubling news within the rumorville, it seems both DARK PHOENIX and NEW MUTANTS films are to be scrapped. We know that both movies were pushed back but behind the scenes at FOX, there have been disastrous test screenings, constant reshoots, and with the looming purchase by Disney who started to review the current state of both films, let's just say they're not happy
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You saying this is a fake trailer? o_O
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

No, it is a real trailer. It's just that things changed.

It is quite common in Hollywood to shelve movies (even fully finished ones) for any number of reasons. Sometimes they get released at a later time and sometimes they never see the light of day.

As you can see in that trailer, the movie was meant to be released this past April. FOX seemed to be unsure of the movie, it had gone to reshoots to strengthen the horror aspects but then they went silent on it all together.
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Honestly, I'm a bit sad to see them scrapped but happy for the future of the MCU. I was really looking forward to Dark Phoenix.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

They really need to explore more of the interstellar races before doing even a normal Phoenix movie (why go straight for the Dark Phoenix before doing a Phoenix movie? o_O )