Work In Progress: What's Next for Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadNameStallone New Player

So again, there is no counter. Rolling can be interrupted by lunging. TM ignores that. Stun before or after has nothing to do with it ignoring the mechanic. So there´s is not properly a counter. Once TM is executed, it ignored the mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Watch Clutch in his Legends matches. You see some expert use of rolls there, but,here's the kicker, they can be countered! so he has to actually use them skillfully instead of doing it freely. A roll can be very powerful, that's why it was built with a counter.
    • Like x 3
  3. ChaosInternational New Player

Aside from a kick up, TM allows acrobats to change positions quickly. The roll plus the flip covers quite a bit of ground and can clear you from most any AoE. It's nice when you can see the attack and react before you take any damage at all. Is anyone still arguing the strategic capacities of TM? I can't remember the last time I was bunker bustered by lex...
  4. ChaosInternational New Player

In PvP, TM allows you to flank pretty easily even though there's no flank mechanic. It just makes your opponent adjust to you, they have to track you and if you're good enough they need to retarget altogether. Everyone is so hung up on the dodge and damage aspects, TM allows total evasion when used right.

People may lean very heavy on it, I've yet to encounter another acrobat that knew what they were doing with their new found movement capacities, they just roll into me incessantly hoping for a kick up, that's clearly not a strategy.

I use it to bide my time during cool downs if I'm in a tight spot but even that only requires a few flicks of the joystick , a stun and a triangle pattern around the opponent and then I'm back on the offensive.
    • Like x 1
  5. BadNameStallone New Player

:rolleyes: prevent is not a counter
    • Like x 1
  6. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

Next time read EVERY COMMENT! dont skim through. My 1st comment was some what YOU are saying....relax and read dude
  7. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

Funny how he down vote me and look at what he doing lol.. As you see... it does stink... but as in a 5v5 it helps me out as a healer to get all 5 guys off me... but again lol looks kinda funny with everyone having and everyone being bounced... its no longer a battle fight, its more a timing for the win..

lol nice video
    • Like x 2
  8. junglejim New Player

If you honestly believe that I cant take any pvp post you make serious. I need to disregard your opinions in this thread. Best support s.c in the game . Can be co ordinated by all players in a group to provide constant heals power and damage buff. Smh did you read tunsos post or just the summary? Another thing leading to 15 min 0-0 matches. Try breaking the group engine vs 5 players using supplys as well as the regular methods of survival. Not gonna happen. With good teams its the unstoppable force vs the immovable object
  9. junglejim New Player

Just to elaborate people who read tunsos post that have pvpd extensively for 3 years will understand exactly what he means about how it was and how it developed. Im on record at the time as saying controllers became the sacrifical lamb to bring kills back to pvp. The extreme vit debuff being the case in point. They had to introduce this and movement debuffs to ensure a group engine could be broken as stats had to increase as pve stats increased. As weve progressed since dlc4 kills in premades became less frequent. The vision the devs speak of is a pvp where these things arent required. A decrease in survivability not increase. Supply drops are the 1st thing that should be removed from pvp in this case.

Nyema if you need/want an edge maybe pvp isnt for you. It should be about player vs player skills not who has most tricks up their sleeve. White mods vs no white mods is a huge advantage regardless of the outcome of the match. The player with no mods is handicapped this shouldnt be the case in pvp
    • Like x 3
  10. Shinkamalei New Player

I've faced him in them. He's very good. Everytime I see his name and I'm pugging, I die a little on the inside xD Doesn't mean I can't kill him. Just means he'll probably kill me first.
  11. Shinkamalei New Player

While I am not a fan of TM for the very reason you stated of how people use it, this is a clever and very smart tactic. If this was how it was used, I would probably be behind it. Sadly though, it's not. But props to you :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Lantern Doomblade New Player

Again I'm going to voice my frustration with the thought of the HT mods being removed from arena. I'm a premium player and don't get to buy many DLC's. I choose to buy DLC'S that improve me as a player. I chose this DLC to use in arena. I've wasted my money on this DLC because I rarely PVE. Can the Devs at least change the mods so they can still be used in PVP and so that I haven't completely wasted 10 dollars. For example, which mods do people have a problem with? Maybe they can be changed to better suit arena.
    • Like x 3
  13. ChaosInternational New Player

Judging by the text that states to purpose of the mod, the devs clearly intended that EC and TM be that way. "your dodge roll is no longer vulnerable to interrupt." is it that hard of a concept to grasp? How do I use EC to my benefit as a troll? Being mental, I can always open up with a hard stun + panic without a problem. Only being a troll, it's a waste of power to spam the finisher over and over being my damage won't be very high. Even for a dps, it's a waste of power as the finishers are most viable when your opponent is on the brink. I make the people spamming photon blast regret not managing their power well, because once your power bar is depleted and the troll is still standing, any CC effects last long enough for me to weapon combo you to >35% health and get the most out of terrorize.

I'm the type of player who will spec for specific instances. Everyone else seems to be content with their standard rotations that gets them through most everything. I have my go to build that I use for most of what I do but when something isn't working out, I go back to the drawing board until I get it just right.

What's next for arenas PvP? I hope it's more tactical based combat that requires planning and execution as opposed to mindless power clip rotations. A greater variety of customization with consumables and mods. There's only a select few instances in PvE where my dampening field is effective. In PvP, my dampening field is part of my shield rotation. Pvp, imo, is the only place where buff colas and consumables are relevant. Playing against AI is pretty easy. In competitive PvP, you're playing against a superior intelligence and requires proper planning and execution. Consumables and buff colas are provided to give players an edge when they need it.

I can hit 2k dom with a soda and cc trinket which results in better shields and increased survivability. Not to mention the potency of cc effects with buffed dom. I've seen a few posts saying dom does nothing for cc effects in PvP, I've observed otherwise. I don't believe in instant breakouts so I see the panic "glitch" as not a glitch at all. If I stack enough cc effects, you should be totally helpless for the full duration of what my dom dictates. There's no point in having cc effects when players can just breakout on a whim and be immune momentarily from another cc effect. I'm okay with stun locking because in my mind, unless you have proper resistances, you should be susceptible to any and every cc effect and their duration. My worst nightmare in PvP is another talented troll who is pretty resistant to cc effects because then my whole strategy gets put through the loop.... I'll rant some more later, I think I lost my own point here. =\
  14. ChaosInternational New Player

Since movement mode debuffs are going away, do we get more innates to spec into? Perhaps some more proper and fruitful resistances... Maybe some more movement based offenses or defenses...
  15. Frankzilla Committed Player

Tm should be solely for character customization purposes and have no offense or defensive buffs nor immunities. If you want to flip around cool but it should be just as vulnerable as a roll that way it takes skill to master what the ability can bring to the table. Rather than rendering users invulnerable and anyone who equips it can spam it with no skill involved and no consequences for flipping around recklessly. The challenge of pvp is the timing strategy everything you choose to do should be excuted precisely if not you have to suffer the consequences. That should go for everything blocks block breakers weapon combos channeled powers etc.
    • Like x 1
  16. Thrump New Player

Don't worry, I am complaining about weapon mastery too. I like the mechanic, but it hits way too hard. I was hit for 10k earlier today, both players in full pvp gear. Keep it the same in PvE, nerf it in PvP. 3k from 1 shotting someone in 4 clicks is barely skillful. Again, nerf it in pvp and leave it the same in pve. Also, I noticed most players are now using 1handed... Wasn't the point of weapon mastery to make all weapons useful and not for everyone to migrate to 1 weapon?
    • Like x 1
  17. Thrump New Player

I'd be fine if it was 100% immune from lunges until you did it 2 or 3 times. Or if it had a power cost.
  18. Frankzilla Committed Player

No it put every power on par with rage. I hit this rage user yesterday he didnt know what to do he started running around the lair lol.
  19. Giggles Loyal Player

Dodge doesn't exist in any other part of this game right? Like MAs lunge, Acros backflip kick, there are more but I just figured I would name a few. Dodge has existed in this game since launch, so what is your issue with dodge again? ;)
  20. Thrump New Player

It did not put anyone on par with a rage dps who knows how to play. The rage crash mechanic = no kill unless you 1 shot them. Rage still needs a nerf in PvP. I think it should be changed(In dps role) to only heal 25% of damage in, and for the duration should be increased
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.