Work In Progress: What's Next for Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggles Loyal Player

I can agree with this, I don't think it's needed personally, but I don't think it's a bad idea either.

The. Aim reason I do t think it is needed though, is that it does take skill to time the rolls and tumbles properly, to minimize the window of getting stunned. As Nyema said, the counter is a stun, so the fact you can stun someone to keep them from rolling is in fact a legit counter that exists within our combat system. :)
  2. Thrump New Player

It's not hard to break out and continue rolling. I'm mainly wanting this nerfed a little because of healers spamming it. No dps is going to be able to use it usefully. Actually I lied. When the HT mods first came out, while I was gearing, a nature toon dotted me up and spammed acro roll on me. That's the only time a DPS has used it usefully against me.
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

Exactly as Nyema said, I have posted countless compromises. The thing is, you want certain mods and depth removed because it doesn't suite you, I want everything in because I enjoy fighting people using all these different strategies, even annoying ones like tumblers. It keeps me on my toes, and it makes PvP interesting. I can adapt to what my opponents are doing on the fly, and if I can do it, I'm sure everyone else can too.

It's not about getting my way. I have said countless I'm fine with whatever the devs decide, I have been here since beta. I know how to play in every kind of PvP from vanilla to present. I am just here ensuring people know why I am for HT staying in PvP. As annoying as some strategies are, like tumbling master for example, it is still a legit tactic. One that can still be overcome with other combat mechanics, like stuns. The same goes for empowered channeling, and using dodge to counter it. No single strategy is flawless in this game, as a counter exists for everything. As I said countless times in this thread, timing along with skill and combat know how, is essential to winning. Period.

You said I do not compromise, yet I am the one proposing that Objective arena allow all HT as it does now, and DM arenas remove it entirely, so BOTH parties are happy, and have a place to go play the way they want. Is that not a compromise? ;)

https://www.google.com/#q=define compromise

Home Turf mods and trinkets should remain in PvP because of the depth! strategies and tactics, and skill and timing required to properly counter AND utilize these tools yourself. It forces all of us to pay very close attention to our opponents without getting sloppy. It takes skill in PvP to a whole new level, because you have to ready to adapt and react on the fly. :)
  4. Yallander Loyal Player

I might of caused this a little with some posts I made about short fast combos and bbers :oops:. There are actually 3 weapons that can use WM viably in PVP atm as the others have their WM triggers WAYYYYYY too far into the combo chain to be effective in PVP. Also some of them are down right silly for PVP--IE Shield's ranged attach chain 4 holds. It is hard enough to get off 2 holds in a row against good players let alone doing it 4x's without being lunged.
  5. BadNameStallone New Player

6. Giggles Loyal Player

@BadNameStallone

If block negates damage, then a proper block is another counter to negating tumblings damage right? Or even a player who finisher spams? You did say that "block negates damage". So there is your counter to all of it, like I have been saying this entire time. There are many ways to counter these tactics, with a well timed block, dodge, soda, etc. Thank you for agreeing with me. :)
  7. Nyema New Player

BadNameStallone doesn't understand what counter means,
    counter is to do something to stop the other.... if I stun you, you can't move... effectively countering your TM,
  8. Nyema New Player

ok... but this is something that you pay for.
    If I'm putting in more, I should get more out...

That's all I am saying, & for you to try to argue that, is really primitive & child like. It's the truth & we all know it.
  9. Thrump New Player

I guess it's a counter if you have extremely low standards for a counter. Really not much of a counter because while spamming TM, you're spamming shift to do so... Which happens to be the break out button. xD
    • Like x 1
  10. Thrump New Player

Due to block's lingering counter window, blocking something that is not a weapon combo would be a mistake.
    • Like x 1
  11. Meanstriker Level 30

Mepps please name one group thats invincible. Because I havent come across one. Trollers dont give enough power in pvp until they are highly geared to make a group that tough. If a team beats everyone else never dying it means they are better period. But they are not unbeatable. Think about one on one situations and duels as well.
  12. BadNameStallone New Player

Pretty much this. I found fun the fact they mention there are counters and stuns, they yet haven´t mentioned 1 way to counter the TM when is executed. And i´ve asked this already like 3 times. :rolleyes:
  13. BadNameStallone New Player

Yes. I think they are the ones don´t understand, yet they can´t give 1 solid specific counter to TM when is executed. They say "stun" but i´ve asked over and over for a specific power that takes you out of TM and yet no response from those posters.
  14. Nyema New Player

well enough with TM, which one would you be more mad at... some noob spamming TM or some noob spamming WM?

please tell me! I want to know!
  15. Aqua New Player

I mean this in the most constructive way possible I swear. But will you guys shut the hell up about HT mods already? The argument over them is about as fleshed out as its going to get, flooding the board with posts about it doesn't make your vote cost more than anyone else's if they are even counted in some form to begin with.

Let's just talk about anything else in the OP, anything.
    • Like x 1
  16. RiskVsReward New Player

keep pay2win in pve
  17. RiskVsReward New Player

WM can be block countered or interrupted... Tumble master and Empowering channel can be????

How are you not able to acknowledge that? Everything should have a counter, the problem with these mods is that they remove the counter to powerful moves that the devs implemented in order to balance them out.
  18. RiskVsReward New Player

You do know how a debuff effects rage in pvp... Heck, the debuff can one shot them, lol. I'm more scared of an Ice or earth tank in pvp over rage any day, dps or tank role.
  19. RiskVsReward New Player

You mean moves that have counter mechanics built into them? Like MA's lunge?

You're right though, dodge moves should be vulnerable to interrupt or block like MA's lunge or non TM role
  20. Nyema New Player

sigh... ok, but not everybody has access to them.
    while the stuff that can be interrupted is free for everybody... like I was saying, I pay for an edge, not to win.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.