Work In Progress: What's Next for Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Tunso, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Whatever you do don't get rid of colas and pets in PVP arenas :(
    • Like x 1
  2. chubbychase New Player

Would you say then that every weapon mastery combo should be counter-able? Which ones can you name that have no counters during the performed combo?

Also, if you agree, thumb up the post. It's a good way to indicate support for a change without having to post "I concur" without a why.

On that note, I wish I could like this 1000 times over!
  3. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Yes all wm combos should be allowed to be countered. Hand blasters is 1 that I have a hard time with. Most players use range. When I hit them with a hard strike the counter don't count all the time. Even when it's just me vs a player with hand blasters and, they did nothing to get immunity. ! handed with dual wield wm. When they use it I block to get a counter. Most the time I'm denied a counter and, they did nothing to get immunity. Every wm combo should be counterable. All my wm attacks get countered like they are suppose to. I use the rifle with wm. It may also be part of the growing combat bugs.
  4. Giggles Loyal Player

Right, but they can still bring back the "good ol' days" without devolving our game. By them rebalancing the PvP armor stats, removing PvE from PvP entirely, and rebalancing the roles against one another, that alone is going to make it feel like the good ol' days. Tun so even said they will be tweaking hard stuns and breakout further when the update for our next PvP season hits.

HT was designed for BOTH PvPa no PvE, therefore, there is absolutely no reason HT should be removed from our game because a few people do not fully understand how the mods work, and how to properly counter them. HT evolved PvP and raised the skill requirement for PvP, and added new strategies and depth to PvP. Back when PvP launched everything was black and white, and required absolutely no thought, everything was cookie cutter. HT changed that, for the better.

HT made abilities you would never see used in PvP, viable in PvP load outs. HT is something that rewards the players that fully understand their power sets beyond a you tube demonstration of "luk at diz insane deeps!", and understand how important timing and execution is in PvP. At the very least, as I stated previously throughout this thread, there should at least be two identical playlists under the Arena tab so both sides can enjoy PvP the way they want, while using it as a vote for the first few months to see what the actual in game community prefers IF both playlists are not a permanent addition. However, it is extremely important that both play lists be the same map rotation and the only difference between the two lists, is one is ALL HT allowed, and the other is NO HT allowed. This way both sides win. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

First and foremost HT should stay, for reasons listed all over this thread.

Secondly, the rest of your topics...

Gear, love what they are doing to the gear giving us all the same stats except for mods and SPs.

Role Mechanics, I think role debuff mechanics (ie healer kills tank) should be removed from the power sets themselves, and movement debuffs should be the only way to debuff another role. I love that all support roles will have a base damage of 135%, it will make DPS not as common in PvP Arenas.

Debuffs, I think it's fair that each role has their own duty, and that Controllers will be the role in charge of this task for their teams. I also feel that movement debuffs should remain so that the travel skill trees aren't entirely useless.

R&D, I think they should sell PvP plans for 1500 MoV and force us to craft the mods using exos and simple and complex mats. FE's should be sold for 1000 PvP marks each. The plans should be usable in both PvP and PvE, this would give people a reason to PvP more often, like we have to PvE often.

Consumables, I feel are cheap additions to PvP as they are luck based PvE drops currently. I also feel they do way too much damage for something that costs no power to utilize. If these are allowed in PvP they should do no damage, but only apply a PI and they should be created and earned in the way described in the R&D section above. PvE consumables and sodas should remain banned.

Soders, should be uniform like Legends. We should be able to buy a single stack of PvP sodas for 10 MoV. There should not be any buff sodas of any kind what so ever. PvE sodas and consumables should be completely banned.

PvP vendor, should sell tokens that can be used to pay for HT mainframe upgrades via PvP victories. The vendor should sell PvP plans for PvP mods, FE's, PvP sodas, etc. :)
    • Like x 4
  6. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

I just want to throw this out there for Tunso.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow for instant breakouts for stunlocks. Stunlocking is absolutely atrocious at the moment.

Thanks
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are going to lock up this WIP thread for now as we take what you've suggested into consideration internally. We'll continue to update you on these changes when they begin to make their way to PC Test.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.