Work In Progress: Electricity Balance - Updated

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I’m at school and got class but I have few questions regarding some of these changes. I'll type them out when I return home.

But one quick question. Is the Might buff from Wired now 45% as well?

And does the Static Push power now properly applies the power interaction correctly? As of now sometimes the PI is there but when you use the proper damage power for polarization power interaction it doesn't get the extra damage.
  2. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Id like to add a highlight.
    That EG working with Voltaic bolt should be a very welcomed change for DPS
    • Like x 1
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

4. Tikkun Loyal Player

Can I squee now?

Arc Lightning, I love you.
    • Like x 2
  5. PurpCity New Player

So is it safe to assume that voltaic bolt will be electric's power-specific "awesome mechanic" that'll disable the WM buff bonus?
    • Like x 2
  6. TDSK Committed Player

So depending on how well these changes turn out, Electric may actually be viable outside of 2 loadouts on either side. Definitely excited to see these changes on test.
  7. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

anyone notice the aoe electric effect on the ground in the first boss of circe solo...j/s...
  8. spord Developer

Yes.
    • Like x 9
  9. spord Developer

The might buff is 15%. Static Push should work better now. There was a one second delay before the PI was applied but now it applies when the damage hits.
    • Like x 5
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Okay so this means if we decide to use VB in or loadouts it'll stop the WM buff just like Sorcery Fury and Nature's Swarm. That is fine with me.

Really, that is interesting to learn what cost that. Many didn't even know about it. 15% might buff is fine as well. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Thank you very much Spord I am sure we all appreciate the response. I know that I had a big ol stupid grin on my face when I was reading what the changes were going to be. It seems like a ton of our suggestions were taken very seriously. I am very happy that voltaic bolt will be getting max range and will be our special mechanic. I actually started laughing while in class reading it I was soooo excited....good thing it is my prep period or my students would have thought I was off my rocker lol.
    • Like x 2
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I am really enjoying WM but I am willing to give up up for a special mechanic. I am also sure that we can probably incorporate it here and there to conserve power if needed. Troll goes down...start hitting to WM combos to save power and regen it.
    • Like x 2
  13. blklightning New Player

I have a question regarding the update to Wired:
    "The first weapon attack used after Wired will Electrify your/allies' target"

At this time, Wired gives us the "chance" to apply the electrified PI. At a sparring target, I can get that PI applied and consumed twice before I need to recast Wired.

With the update to Wired, that first hit will be guaranteed to electrify the target, but will subsequent hits still have the chance to reapply the PI?

Please look at the vid in my signature to see somewhat what I'm talking about. In TD, I can use eBurst more than once during a single cooldown of Wired. Will this continue in the future, or will I need to wait to recast Wired before the PI can be reapplied?
  14. spord Developer

Basically there was a 70% chance to apply the Electrified PI and then ~4 second cooldown until it had the chance again in the 12 second duration. Now it is 100% with the same cooldown. So yes you can still apply Electrified multiple times from one use.
    • Like x 8
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Sweet. Sooo excited right now lol
    • Like x 1
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Like like you guys really took into consideration what the community wanted

I'm lovin what I'm reading in regard to volt bolt that was my favorite power back in it's glory
    • Like x 7
  17. blklightning New Player

Ooooooh.... nice!

Now, to actually train people on how to get healed from eBurst. It works phenomenally well in TD, but I tried it in Gates and Nexus where it was an utter fail. No matter how much I tell people to come closer, their idea of closer seems further away. They all see me closer to the battle than I am them... and that it's safe enough to do so... but I swear that they're playing at their max target range. LOL

With all of the changes coming to the DPS side as well, I might just have to get a set of DPS gear (never done it on electric). I'll then make an armory build and name it spord in honor of your hard work and contributions making this game more fun.
    • Like x 3
  18. Little Sister New Player

Looks like Electric players are going to be ecstatic about these changes !
    • Like x 13
  19. Max Volt Committed Player

Thank you so much for your hard work and being able to identify those many issues such applying power interactions... that were plaguing Lightning.
    Can't wait to for GU38 and see what kinda of crazy loadouts we can come up with!!!! :)
    • Like x 6
  20. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Questions:

* Shockwave
    * Increased the range to hit from maximum targeting distance
    What is the increase range now?
    * Tesla Ball
    * Spawns above your target and slowly moves toward it
    * Zaps enemies at max range
    * No longer Electrifies enemies but instead deals extra damage to Electrified enemies
    Is this a burst power or DoTs?
    * Voltaic Bolt
    * Increased the range to hit from maximum targeting distance
    What is the increase range now?
    * Galvanize
    * Reduced the power cost
    Did the range increase? To heal allies who are far away?
    * Electrostatic Bomb
    * Deals more damage to Polarized enemies
    * Damage over time was removed, and initial damage was adjusted as a result
    Does it automatically hit the enemies when it's thrown? Even when you juggled or knock the enemy in the air with your weapon?
    * Static Push
    * Increased the range to maximum targeting distance
    * Now deals more damage to Polarized enemies
    * Damage is no longer split with objects
    So this still applies the PI and when you re use it to keep the PI up, it'll end up doing more damage from it's own PI it applied?
    Plus, does it mean this power doesn't split anymore?
    And what is the range now?
    * Attract
    * Now properly splits damage
    * Now does proper amount of damage in Healer role
    * Increased range to maximum targeting distance
    * Adds the Polarization power interaction
    What is the range now for this one?
    Was healers doing damage role damage with it at first? Don't understand that healer note since healers really shouldn't be using it. Maybe healers were using it in PVP?
    * Spark Barrage
    * Deals more damage to Polarized enemies
    Is this the same animation? Because they so tiny and spread out and miss the boss or adds grouped together. Hoping the Spark Barrages gotten bigger. Sorcery has a move similar to this power but their is much bigger and does the exact same things as SB. Love the PI on it now though since you get it with Static Push too.
    * Overcharge
    * Reduced the number of hits before the explosion
    What is the number of hits now? It used to be about 14-20 from weapon attacks.
    * Electrocute
    * Increased the duration of the field
    With the duration increasing I'm guessing it added 5 more ticks to it? If so now it ticks at 15 without PI and with power interact it'll make it tick for 30? At the current moment this move ticks for 10 without and 20 with PI.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.