Work In Progress: Electricity Balance - Updated

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Electricity will rise again!
    • Like x 7
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yes we are, Electric is the only power I'll main. Forever.
    • Like x 1
  3. Max Volt Committed Player

Same here, been electric since it was introduced and I never looked back.
    • Like x 1
  4. RagingNature Active Player

Oh this update looks amazing. Especially the part with Bio Surge hitting everyone who has a Bio Cap and the new DPS PI? Excellent job Devs.
    • Like x 3
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, I may just be going back to Electricity! Love the sound of these changes! So, VB will now be sort of like Nature's poison spores. I like it!
    • Like x 4
  6. Tikkun Loyal Player

Question about Arc Lightning prioritizing players for the first two arcs...

Say there is a player, npc, player, but the second player is too far away. Will it still skip from player to npc to the other player or does it have to hit 2 players first? I think jumping in this manner would be preferable to requiring two players to be hit to continue the arc.

Also, does the healer count? Could I jump next to the tank and make it hit the tank and me to count for 2?
    • Like x 3
  7. Shift New Player

You're my hero.
  8. Kintuse Well-Known Player

My very first test loadout is going to be the following

Group Transducer, Electrogenesis, Bio-cap, Electro-Burst, Bio-Surge and Arc-Lightning
  9. MercPony Devoted Player

I'm so excited! Will have to get into using my Electric healer more often now!
    • Like x 1
  10. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I just had a question about electroburst. Will it still continue to work with the electrified PI for healing and dps'ing? Or is VB going to replace the current PI?
  11. spord Developer

• Like x 12
  12. spord Developer

It depends if the NPC you refer to is an enemy or not. If it is an enemy the lightning will arc through it. If it is a non-player ally it will not (on the first two jumps only). This is so that you heal your group members instead of their pets. The caster now counts as a target for the jumps so you could position yourself in between the two players and the NPCs though. If that will take too long use Bioelectric Surge and Bio-Capacitor.
    • Like x 6
  13. spord Developer

The new PI does not change anything about Electrified. So this still works the same as far as the Electrified PI is concerned.
    • Like x 6
  14. Akroma New Player

does static push still add the polarization pi? if so then it might need to be nerfed to where it doesnt give the extra damage on polarized enemies as it wouldnt be in line with the similar move quantum has. unless of course you plan to re balance quantum in the near future.

overall i think the changes are interesting and hope that quantum gets some similar treatment.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Now that Electroburst is adjusting and has differentiating healer and dps parts, is there anyway to increase the range on the damage side? Overall, I love the changes you guys are doing. Makes me want to go to electric next. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So we can essentially create closed circuit? Does Vin = Vout? Or do the players act as resisters. This makes me realize that when we use galavanize the players are essentially amplifiers. Sorry I was reminiscing about my electronics courses in college. Don't mind me...
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

What happens if you're not in a group? Or if all of your groupmates are out of range? Will it not heal allies?
  18. spord Developer

It does still apply the Polarization PI. Quantum will be gone over at some point. It won't necessarily get the same changes but it will get something.
    • Like x 6
  19. spord Developer

Electroburst is meant to be a melee range power and we do not plan on changing that.
    • Like x 5
  20. spord Developer

SCIENCE!
    • Like x 13
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.