Why am i being downbalanced everywhere i go?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jayk0b, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Dev72 Dedicated Player

The problem is..."progression through strength" behind gear obtained isn't only what is applicable to the reasons why the clamp exists.

We can't box it up in nice little CR package when that wasn't the main reasons why they installed the clamp.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Further proving that reading isn’t your strong point.

“2 advice given is to take a break from the game”.

Only 2 suggestions were given and mine didn’t make such a suggestion. But I get how someone who only reads what they want may come to such conclusions.
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

True... You only told her to take a break from the forums... I extended that to include the game. I shouldn't have.

My bad.
    • Like x 1
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

even tho i didn't say it
    that was in response to Tiff's comments as it seems like she is burnt out and could benefit from a break
    we all need them from time to time to realize where the fun comes from.
    its not like you cant get caught back up in a couple weeks no matter how long someone leaves for.

and a forum break as well, I'm super close to that one my self as its the same 5 threads over and over
    and I hate seeing long term active players struggling when my experience is so vastly different

but there are very little solutions that will help you or others that are struggling
    you only have two options
    adapt as is life to a ever changing medium
    or
    change behavior by doing something different
    • Like x 2
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

There's a third option.

One can ride in the back of the bus and still point out what's wrong with the policy... while doing it.

NOT SAYING IT'S THE SAME - :rolleyes:... Just pointing out that one can live life the way we're told... and still voice an opinion if we see a problem with it.

Edit:
    And who knows...
    Maybe if there are enough voices... changes will be made (an option for it, maybe)...
    You know... "ever changing medium".
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I assume that's true also but doesn't seem like a very fruitful way to experience something that's supposed to be an enjoyable way to spend ones time
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

We'll... If it pays off...

It will be more enjoyable again.

MDEA. lol.
    • Like x 2
  8. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

No worries, it WILL pay off and it WILL be enjoyable again. Bad ideas like the clamp are just too awful to last forever.
    • Like x 2
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

doubt it as all MMO's have a similar system and all MMO's have stat creep
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Interesting. So how long do you need the clamp to last, before you'll admit that it's a good idea? "Forever" is not a reasonable answer, since nothing "lasts forever", especially live service games...
  11. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

No. Even if it does last 'forever' that won't mean it was a good idea--it'll just be the one exception to the rule.
    • Like x 1
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... I see. How convenient. Have fun waiting.
    • Like x 1
  13. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

No. Not fun at all. And, as a result far less money being spent in game by me since the clamp.
    • Like x 1
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Have you met the group of people that were annoyed when advanced mechanics was removed from the game? Maybe they’ll share a chair.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You know...if you all keep making separate anti-clamp threads, you will never unseat the KING.

I mean it's not going anywhere, but hey....if you are going to put in the effort with the conversation....might as well have a goal that's attainable...like page 236 or something.
    • Like x 3
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I did an oopsie because you posted that XD
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Maybe we'll share a pint with the ones that hated it when advanced mechanics was added to the game.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The clamp is fine, and has already saw a handful of fair adjustments. If they were to alter it any further they could increase the EG relevancy from 3 to 4, I don’t think that would be a dramatic change
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gee....I never intended for that to happen...:rolleyes:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Mental image confirmed.
    • Like x 1