Why am i being downbalanced everywhere i go?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jayk0b, Apr 29, 2023.

1. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

I actually prefer It as it is now. Cause in the past u could literally skip a tier or 2 esp sons of trigon. Other games do it. Dcuo were years behind doing it. This is how it's meant to be played
    • Like x 1
  2. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Ur cr is meant to be a guideline towards content Ur at
  3. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

*Sigh*... [IMG]

Here we go again, ya pompous p... erson.

Don't tell me what I want or how I play. YOU REALLY SUCK AT IT... As, yes, it is you who constantly miss the point.

It's a challenge WHEN IT IS CURRENT.... It's the challenge that I BEAT to make myself stronger.

And, yes, going back, it's the same relative challenge being created as my character is clamped to be weaker than he would naturally be.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's very far from the same challenge. Since you're a real challenge seeker for current content... you must also realize that the only challenge that comes from most dated content is knowledge and skill fade, and other people not knowing things due to potentially not being there.

It's a very realistic scenario to have a group of 8 people that all happen to know what they're doing with +15 cr, high skillpoints, maxed artifacts, etc etc. In which case... the clamp is barely keeping the bosses alive long enough to do all of their attacks.

Face it. You're just bad.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Careful. Already got one account banned for that haha

I’m not telling you what you want. I’m calling out what you’re trying to hide. The EEG content is not harder than it was at launch. It just isn’t. No amount of BSing will change that very simple and easily tested statement. Is it harder than it would be without the clamp. Obviously. Not a single person has ever stated otherwise. However should it be easy mode just because you waited 2 years? Did you overcome any challenge? No. Why? Because you didn’t try to improve to get past it.

And as I said. If you want something mindlessly easy to kill. Go to Gotham and metro. Plenty of lvl 3 to kill. If your actual want was to feel powerful and steamroll through enemies was all you wanted as you claim than that would be enough. Almost as if what you want is actually to get things on easy mode… hmmm
    • Like x 1
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

1) No one... at least me... is "WAITING 2 YEARS".... So, once again: STOP TELLING ME HOW I PLAY OR WANT TO PLAY.

2) YES... I did overcome a challenge... WHEN I BEAT THE CONTENT - REPEATEDLY - 2 YEARS AGO.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ah yes. You beat it before so you’re entitled to always be able to beat it lol. That’s not how things work anywhere. But that flawed logic aside, if you beat something you should have an easier time later on. Fine fair enough. Guess what. That’s exactly how it works right now. Beat something and learn mechanics and it becomes easier. Get better stats through various areas and things become even easier. That is literally how the game currently worlds. Not sure why you think it doesn’t.

Now. The elephant in the room, which SOME people actually have some sort of false sense of entitlement. Feats. If you pass the feat you’ll get it. Since SOME people do mot have it than they did not overcome said challenge presented in said feat.
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Well.... Except for every other game on the planet....

Well... the ones with actual level progression, anyways....

That's why it's called "progression"....

But, hey... Here's where you ramble on about the stat piercing from augments and artifacts and whatever they are trying to sell to us to give us our strength back.... Go ahead. Why stop you from shilling, at this point?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I guess I've finally come to realize there is no meaningful character progression any longer in DCUO. It really saddens me. I loved playing this game and not only getting better & stronger at it but actually seeing the results of my efforts.

Why do we get better gear, level up an augment or artifact or an ally? Why do we scramble to get OP gear or Elite gear? It was to make the game easier to play whether at level or not. Horizontal progression offers no meaningful character progression. I am getting along just fine with the green/blue gear drops. I think I finally got a purple. Full disclosure, I haven't been playing this DLC all that much so the gear drops received have been basic. Still haven't mounted or used the new adaptive augments yet.

I derived my fun from leveling up and getting stronger & powerful. Then seeing and experiencing the results of that growth. This is my enjoyment or was.

I need advice on how to enjoy DCUO again.
    • Like x 5
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Because the artifacts, augments, and other sources aren't affected by the clamp outside of minor stat scaling to make sure the stat pierce isn't overpowering content beyond what was intended. The gear, although it provides stats, is just a measure to move CR upward into or toward end game content with the all of the other stats supplementing the gear, and was never really meant to be just the primary focus that many have made it out to be. Devs wanted those supplement stats to matter also, which based off of stat piercing they have allowed that to happen.

Devs wanted to make sure ALL who are playing this mmorpg to be able to participate and LEARN from the progress while gaining experience. One shotting and blowing through content without the need to apply any skill whatsoever isn't a form of progress....but for a player was able to do the bare minimum in previous episodes...then go back and blow through it at the detriment of others trying to do it the right way.

Want some advice? Take a break....you'll feel better.
    • Like x 4
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s the thing. You are personally shooting yourself in the foot.

You say you only play EG because you don’t like that the clamp lowers your stats in EEG. Fine. Play how you want. But in EG nothing has changed. You still have full stats but you choose to not try to get stronger for EG because you’ll be clamped in an area you don’t play.

And to be blunt, you tend to tie emotions from one area to another. You’ve shown this by boycotting allies because they came out at the same time as the clamp so you have negative feelings towards them even thou they have nothing to do with the clamp. So I have to wonder how much of your feelings towards the game come from the actual game vs your frustration you have come to feel from the forums.

There is no advice anyone can and should give you on how to play. You either enjoy playing or you don’t. But maybe you should just take a break from the forums to see if that lessens your frustration with the game. But you do as you wish.
    • Like x 6
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I love how the best 2 advices are to "Take A Break From The Game"...
    A quote from this very thread as to the purpose of the clamp:

I'd say that's a
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Dev72 Dedicated Player

No good deed goes unpunished...It is impossible to make 100% of the community happy. There is always going to be a complaint. However, it's ok to take a break from the game, the forums, or both every once in a while. It is unreasonable to think the Devs would be naive to this.
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Making it optional might [IMG] in that regard....;)
  16. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Sure make it optional....but everyone entering that instance has to be the same level +/- 10 CR to make that option available, with no mark loot attached.

Still doesn't negate that progression isn't meant by mindlessly plowing through content with no skill necessary to complete it.
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Sure... Whatever keeps the (potential) crybabies away from the top CR players.

I'm all for "play with those that you are comfortable with".

Edit: Which would have helped avoid this whole mess if we did that years ago.
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Must have struck a nerve....truth will do that sometimes.
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It wasn't mindlessly plowing through content when we were beating it years ago.

It took skill then .... NOW?... I'm fine with just the strength that we earned. (THAT'S KIND OF THE POINT OF STRENGTH PROGRESSION)
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

If that's what you think... and that will get you through the day...

Sure. Go with that.

:rolleyes: