Why am i being downbalanced everywhere i go?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jayk0b, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Jayk0b New Player

I join ANYTHING, i get downbalanced to CR 118 when im helping my friend?!

Why is this, this wasnt a thing before, who thought this is a good idea, this is literally ruining the game...

Im CR 300+ and i when i want to help my CR 60 friend i always get downbalanced to 118 or somehting.
    Why is this and how do i turn this off?
    • Like x 6
  2. Tolly Committed Player

This is the stat clamp of the new system put in place to ensure that everyone is aligned at the same level of the body. The community is divided on the subject.
    • Like x 5
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Stat Clamp has been in the game for over a year. Everyone gets nerfed in exchange for no loot locks.
    • Like x 5
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Did you notice youre getting source marks being clamped? Where the relevency widow was before you didnt get marks once you left relevency
    • Like x 4
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

~In my most villainess laugh~ Ah ha ha ha ha ha!
    • Like x 11
  6. Jayk0b New Player

i honestly hate it, i dont care about getting loot for my level if i cant help my friends through.
    i mean why am i even leveling my CR up if i cant use it anywhere, by being nerfed it kills the fun of leveling the CR and bashing lower enemies.

Its not PVP, and the bots dont care. I really dont like this. Its a fun killer.
    • Like x 11
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Not sure why you're laughing. I'm definitely laughing though. Bahahaha.

Git gud, weaklings.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

[IMG]

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    • Like x 2
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You’re still quite powerful in old content. I can solo most of the bounties in DPS role which wasn’t possible when the content was current.
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

I mean arnt you CR gated by content?
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    (its a joke, dont kill me)
    • Like x 2
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

But new players don't want stuff to be easy....that's what I'm always reading on here.

I'd like to turn it off too, but we don't get an option.
    • Like x 5
  13. Dene Devoted Player

On the flip side, at least your friends get to actually enjoy the content.. not just have you obliterate everything while they just stand there looking..
    • Like x 3
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Very well, I'll let it slide this time.
    • Like x 2
  15. beardrive Committed Player

Most of the lower content has been clamped in such a way as to be completable anyway. If you look at the gates of Tartarus, you don't really need any roles for that, but you do need to have more than one player playing the content. And newer content like dark multiverse and monsters of metal, most people warp into those and then just immediately vote disband because they weren't adjusted properly.

I play mostly the core game myself, and find that a lot of it is completable with either one support role, or frankly, none.

As far as you burning through most of the lower raids solo for friends etc, the content has been revalued again so there is something to actually play.

I have a good example. I was in league Hall lockdown, and a speed hacker said "hey, do you mind if I kill all this stuff?" I replied "Well you can do that, but then we don't have a game to play anymore."
    • Like x 1
  16. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

**** the clamp!
    • Like x 9
  17. KidKretz Committed Player

yeah, according to pro-clampers, the friend should not be carried or helped...he should get good...even if he wants to stand there and have someone else obliterate things for them. who is he to determine what he likes, pro-clampers will decide for him :p
    • Like x 6
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I like sitting on my butt and doing nothing productive and playing DCUO. That's why I need my wife to to blow a gasket and fix me when I'm being a lazy bum.

The clamp is like your wife. She knows what's best for you. She might drive you crazy, but without her you'll probably be naked, drunk, and pissing on yourself. So treat her with some respect.
    • Like x 2
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

DERP!
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The only way you can't help your friends is if you don't play with them, and there are discussions to be had/arguments to be made about how beneficial it actually is for someone to essentially play the content for others.

Speaking personally as someone who's always been behind the curve when it comes to content releases? It was never particularly fun for me to have some of my attempts at running content being disrupted or even spoiled due to inconsiderate higher CR players doing whatever they wished, so you're not likely to find much sympathy from me over you finding the clamp to be a "fun killer."
    • Like x 2