When you drop Legendary or When you become Legendary

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by undrline, May 22, 2013.

1. Validus New Player

I appreciate the clarification undrline and Gwalir :)
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

An unanswered question, in case people who are following this thread can answer:
    You are Premium, you had more than six characters before you downgraded, and had to lock them. You buy a new character slot and, rather than deciding to unlock an old character you had when you were Legendary, do you have the option to create a new blank character?
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Updated with payment information. That section could probably use some meat on its bones, though.
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Added that you can keep base amenities/gear/whatnot that come as a result of collections.
  5. KBrutus New Player

Excuse me DCUO family for I have caved in....I finally gave in after 3 years of playing freemium, I told my wife by december of this year I want the legendary membership as a Christmas gift. But I'm rethinking that deal because I don't think I can wait for that long because, I find myself coming to this site way more then I should have...I mean, reading endlessly about the perks Legendary members get; while being freemium gets nada, kinda feels like I've been putting in work with no pay. I'm just excited because finally I can really put in work and enjoy this game.
    • Like x 1
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

They should offer couple's memberships :p
    • Like x 1
  7. KBrutus New Player

yeah, but my lady don't play dcuo or any games that isn't a platform jumper.
  8. JessTier New Player

I'm a premium member, and have always enjoyed the game. I bought most of the DLCs so I can continue playing (with the exception of the two latest as I was out of the game for a while). I did this as real life tended to get in the way and stopped me playing as much as i would like and made me feel like I was losing most of the benefits of being legendary. But, th OP is correct about exos being a premiums main currency :p I'm a member of a league and IF I need something I pay in exos. sure I miss the extra space, and unlimited currency, but other than that, I play, have fun, and generally try to be respectful... Oh and you'll never see me "begging" next to a vender lol
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The guide was written as a reaction to seeing people ask questions about the subject multiple times a day. I think it might've worked, since I rarely see that kind of thread anymore at all.

Part of the impetus for the thread was also for me to explore the options myself ... particularly the value of going Legendary for a month here and there. I still flirt with the idea, but it's set up in such a way that if you have Legendary friends or can buy them with exos, the further you go down the path of buying things piecemeal, the larger the leap in cost to suddenly sub up.

I'll have to ask myself that question again, and do the math, when feats become transferable to alts via replay badges. My guess is it would still be the same leap: "cheaper to just buy them, since I already own everything I'd get ..." therefore sinking me further into the muck the next time something I need comes along.
  10. JessTier New Player

Well I guess it just comes down to situations and such, either way. At least the options are out there for players, and that's the main thing. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. warpax New Player

you forgot to mention access to vault daily :D
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

This wasn't really meant to be an exhaustive list of benefits. It was more a list of what to expect and how to deal with it. I particularly wanted to avoid any discussion about the cost-benefit of each. Obviously, subbing plus micro-transactions are going to provide the most benefit to the makers, so that's the tone. Irregardless ... I went ahead and added the vault; thanks for your feedback :).
  13. lordchampion Well-Known Player

Hmm just wondering if you go legendary and then unsub do you get to keep the legends pvp characters and DLC gear you got?
  14. Gwalir Loyal Player

You do, as well as any other things that were restricted to DLCs like Home Turf mods or characters made with one of the new powersets like Light or Rage.

However, there are some restrictions, as stated in the first post.
    • Like x 1
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Sorry it took me so long. I added the information under what happens when you lapse:
    "You can still mimic the greats. Any Legends characters you earned through Marks of Legend and purchased prior to your fall from grace, will still be playable."

Thanks for the question and answer.
  17. L T Devoted Player

I go legendary about 1 month in three. This works for me, but I've bought most of the DLCs as they've gone on sale.

While legendary enjoy the latest and greatest features of the game:
    • work on high tier char, enjoy the latest DLCs that haven't been on sale.
    • Spend money on broker and stock up on expensive items as mentioned in the guide.
    • take advantage of the 10% marketplace discount. buy extra inventory, and extra bank slots

When not legendary do all the time consuming parts of the game and enjoy the parts of the game I've already paid for:
    • work on all those skill points I'm missing
    • hunt for collections
    • start a new toon or play on one that isn't t6 yet.
    When I go legendary, I tend to use a sony card from wal mart, which gives an extra 500 station cash. I've been getting another 500 station cash when I subscribe in this way, (though I have to claim it in the marketplace) contrary to what others have posted.

This works for me. Your mileage may vary. I don't think this would be a good way to enjoy the game if you don't have at least the ultimate bundle of DLCs.
    • Like x 1
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I updated a few things because of the 10% marketplace discount. It wasn't around when I was working on this guide, and I never went back and updated it like I should. I also threw in some of your advice here and there. Thanks!

I updated it with the 10% discount that wasn't around when I wrote the guide. At some point, I'll have to work in the advice to invest money while one has the discount.
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I made a few updates here and there, particularly regarding the premium Legends characters.
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

• Like x 1