When you drop Legendary or When you become Legendary

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by undrline, May 22, 2013.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Excellent. Good looking out; thank you. I added the information about character slots. The site says Legendary have "14 additional" slots default by going Legendary ... I took that to mean 16 without purchasing more slots. That's additional over free to play ... if they meant additional over premium, it could be 20 ... so I hope I didn't make a poor assumption.

Also, just a note for my own future reference: updated the references link. Struck-through the old ones, because I might put in cached links for them, since they contain way more information than the current site (smh).
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I think AllAccess member can buy DLCs via Steam, since Steam doesn't know you have them and you can always enter the codes, right?
    Steam also has more DLC bundles than the DCUO webshop, including one with 11 DLCs.
    Link to Steamshop: http://store.steampowered.com/app/24200/
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Added a note linking to your post, noting that Steam may be an exception.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thanks, I hope somebody might know for sure.
  5. Vlad Vlokolov New Player

AFTER BEING LEGENDARY

You plan to stop being a VIP, and no longer support this game with anything but your presence. You'll cause hell to rain down from the heavens, and kittehs to perish. Don't be a fool. There is still time to turn back! If your sub lapsed, and you sub up again without deleting anything, everything will return to normal.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN
    Aside from the doom you bring forth, I mean.
    • You'll be Premium, not Free To Play.
    • You will lose inventory space and bank space, and the extra items will go into overflow slots. The number of extra slots you purchased outside of being Legendary will remain available.
    • You will only get to keep six toons. You'll have to pick which characters will live and which will be locked before you can log in as Premium. Buying a character slot will allow you to unlock a locked character. You must choose to resurrect all your locked characters or destroy them before opening a new blank one. You may have up to 22 characters, by purchasing extra slots.
    • You will no longer get 500 loyalty points to spend and 150 replay badges.
    • You will no longer enjoy a 10% Marketplace discount.
    • Often, you'll have to wait in a queue when you log in.
    • Every time you visit the vault, it gets locked for two days. So, your chances of getting that really cool thing you wanted or needed is even more minuscule than before.
    • You will not be able to create new characters with powers related to DLC's you do not own (eg: Earth, Electric, Light)
    • They will be gracious and will not take feat points away from you that can only be earned with DLCs you no longer have.
    • You can still mimic the greats. Any Legends characters you earned through Marks of Legend and purchased at an in-game vendor prior to your fall from grace, will still be playable. You will have to pay marketplace/station cash to get any more of the special premium ones, though.
    • Your toil for collections will not have been in vain: You can still use base amenities. You can still have styles and gear that come as the result.
    WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO PREPARE

The end is near. You bring it upon yourself. Buy a sub and repent!
    • If you do not own the Last Laugh DLC, spec into shield now, and consider it your last skill point respec. You will not be able to respec into shield after. *Unknown, please leave a comment below if you know: I had heard that having Shield as your default weapon would keep it unlocked, because that first skill point being spent would hold open the tree. I also heard that was fixed. Which one is true?
    • Make sure your mainframe is fully charged as you wont be able to after if you don't own Home Turf. After those batteries wear out so do your pets and mods.
    • Get all the DLC feats you can. Any DLC-related feats you don't have you will not be able to get (unless you own that DLC). Don't confuse this, they will not take feat points away from you.
    • You will still be able to transfer DLC feats to alts with replay badges. *I believe. If you know for certain, please leave a comment below.
    • Create an alt character for each of the DLC powersets.
    • Store cash in as many <=$2000 items that stack as high as possible (inventory space). as you can sell these one at a time for money if your gear is damaged. Equipment Interface One will stack up to 16, are less than $2000, and can be sold to a vendor for $1102 apiece.
    • Make sure you buy everything you can from plan vendors, anything over $2000 you can not buy. i.e. the mod extraction plans are not trade-able.
    • Grab stacks of R&D materials you'll need later but won't be able to buy - recovery kits, equipment interfaces, catalyst, etc.
    • Buy and sell everything you were planning to on the Broker, since you won't be able to afford them, or the Broker fees later.
    • Use up your loyalty points.
    • Use your replay badges on content you won't get to play.
    • Play more Legends, get more marks, and buy the special premium Legendary characters.
    • SPEND MORE MONEY. Invest money while you have an extra 10% discount. They are not easily fooled ... you can't trick them by using it to buy DLC's, but you can use it to have a soft landing in your fall from grace by opening inventory slots and bank slots.
    WHAT LIFE WILL BE LIKE

You'll be a scrub. Unlike Free-to-Play, which can't trade, and therefore, can't beg, you'll be living off others, standing at vendors /SAY can someone buy something from this vendor for me?
    • Exobits, particularly red ones and mixed bytes, will be your new currency. You'll be like a serf, farming for others, so the vassals and lords can throw you their juiciest scraps.
    • You'll only have 5 Broker slots to sell things. You can sell something for only up to 48k or so (since you only have up to $2000 for the fee).
    REFERENCES

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/member-benefits/
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/shop/membership[/quote]

So, (just to clarify) all the DLCs that I was given for free, as a legendary member, will go away when it's over?
    • Like x 2
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Sort of, yes. You will not have access to them, but everything you got while you did have access will remain intact: feats, items, etc.
  7. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

You did resist waaaay more than I did. I was F2P for 5 months or so, got CR 75+ on 2 toons, and had another account with 2 CR 40+ alts, wich I re-made on my main account when it got Legendary.
    I'm now Premium, for a while. As long as I have Legendary I'd play every free second I can, so I was neglecting my daughter, my wife, my friends, my sleep and my cats. I have to stay "limited" for a while to recover. Then I'll get another Legendary month and kick "real life" to the side again for some time. No regrets.
  8. GL4ever Well-Known Player

With one exception. If you have a utility belt attachment equipped, you will lose use of it, as well as access to whatever else was in it (extra trinket, Soders, etc.), unless and until you remove them from the extra slots,, which becomes the equivalent of unequipping the item. I lost a few CR points because my membership lapsed, and didn't have the Hand of Fate DLC any more.
  9. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Same here. And here I thought I could keep those sweeties for at least as long as my scell generator had power, so, 2 days prior to end of my Legend, I tried to be ******** and put new power cells.
    On all 4 cells.
    On 2 characters, and the first 2 on other 4 characters.
    Yeah, that hurt.
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It sounds like I was fed some misinformation? If you pay MoT for upgrades/boosts, and charge the batteries, it sounds like they don't stay active? If so, I really need to change the statement
    • Make sure your mainframe is fully charged as you wont be able to after if you don't own Home Turf. After those batteries wear out so do your pets and mods.
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Made a bunch of small edits, made sure to note that the mainframe stuff is disputed. I added a small bit about Free to Play, having found the link to King Felsa's post again. Unfortunately, I hit my 10000 character limit :(

Some F2P stuff I cut:

12. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Go ahead and change your statement. I can guarantee I have power cells active and the only things it's granting me are the MOD bonuses, such as Restoration, Vitalization, and so on. I can't use Orbital Strikes, can't summon Supply Drops, can't call Sidekicks/Henchmen. The teleporters seem on, but since I don't have a teleporter amenity, I can't be sure if works. Also, weapon/necklace/back/etc "white mods" are all disabled; they show greyed at my equips.
  13. AL Lonso New Player

So, I cancelled my subscription temporarily. And what bugged me was that I can't use all my armouries, not even imprint at least... - Wha...? Why??

The mainframes etc I can understand if that was taken away from me, because mainframe came with the dlc I don't have.. But why are armouries {that are bought separately} tied down to a dlc to use it??? same with the teleporter, sure it has something to do with that thing at the bottom of the base, but if it's going to be like that, it might as well be free along with the dlc...
  14. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Seems to be a bug. Wait to see if it works again or submit a ticket. By any chance, have you changed your powers?
  15. AL Lonso New Player

No, I haven't changed powers. I'm not sure if it's a bug because I get a text in the chat box saying I need Home Turf to use my armouries.

I thought they made something so people wouldn't need dlc to get something, like powers, you can just buy in the market without buying the dlc it came out with. But then there's this...
  16. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Try this: go to your Lair, enter deco mode and remove the rmories. All of them. Them, place them back, go to each one and select the build for each one again.

If it still does not work, make a ticket. Home Turf isn't required for the extra armories to work, as far as I know of. Specially considering you can buy extra armories on the Marketplace regardless of having or not the DLC/Lair System.
  17. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

18. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

"Legendary becoming elitist." Hehe, gave me a chuckle.

Reminds me of the movie Dark Knight.

Harvey Dent: "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. "
    • Like x 2
  19. thejoker92 New Player

its happen the same thing to me but after 5 days my armouries back normal so if this bug still keep you dont use your armouries made a ticket
  20. thejoker92 New Player

after the legendary membership expire now you be F2P with 2k cash and name of premium member /shield disable all hume turf dlc stuff disable even if you recharge your batteries your fully charge you cant use anything from the hume turf dlc except the lair you still can use but before my legendary expire i spend 80k+ mark of triumph for home turf dlc stuff 80k+ mark gone so i spend my mark for nothing
    and no utility belt from hand of fate dlc too so your after legendary you back F2P with premium member name the different is ( 6 character slot- extra bank slot-extra inventory slot -2k cash) and everything start to be worse that ever from no reason like you was have immunity and los it