When you drop Legendary or When you become Legendary

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by undrline, May 22, 2013.

1. AL Lonso New Player

I just renewed my legendary, it's working as intended. But if that was only happening to me then perhaps it was just a bug and I was the unlucky person to get it lol

edit* thanks anyway
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thanks. I updated to say:

• Make sure your mainframe is fully charged; after those batteries wear out so do your stat mods and teleporter locations, unless you own Home Turf.
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I created a google spreadsheet with a side-by-side comparison of the subscription levels and added the link in the second post.
    That post used to have a note about the original Ultimate Edition. I've updated that to the list of value bundles.
    • Like x 2
  4. Shinji Firudo Active Player

Word of Warning to New Legendaries! I found out in that server glitch with the memberships a while back that made everyones membership status go into array that character slots are the main problem when your membership runs out make sure that youre not serious with all your chars or you'll be paying for legendary as long as your a dcuo player as when your membership runs out you'll go back to the amount of character slots you have of free/premium and bought slots, meaning if you have more than that amount you'll be exceeding your character limit meaning >You will have to delete the Excess Amount of Characters<.
    You can choose who you delete but if you don't want to delete any you'll either have to buy char slots to match the amount your keep or get legendary again!

For Example When my Legendary runs out I'll have 10 char slots as i'll be premium and have bought a few over time as opposed to the 18 I could have right now but I see no point in creating anymore as getting serious with new chars would be a waste cause once it runs out I would have to delete them so I can still play the characters i've actually put effort into.
    Cause The Game Will Not Let You Play Any Characters Until You either no longer exceed your current limit, have extended your limit, or have rented your limit through getting legendary!

As it stands you can currently have 22 slots total as a premium player if you buy them and the legendary can add another 14 on top (as long as your Legendary status continues).
    (character slot usage should not be affected by characters on alternate servers if you find your having this problem you can delete a char temp log file which will stop your chars from being carried to the other server do this when switching back for that server to when you return to the previous serve rit will recreate the temp file as your chars are generally saved online).

Please Send Feedback If theres some info I forgot for people thinking of getting legendary or something new players should know!

BTW! If you are a F2P Player and you won't simply to have he odd few more characters for now you need only spend a £5 equivalent in the marketplace, this will upgrade you to premium status which should give you 5 extra slots which means you'd have 6 in total unless of course you spent the 500 DBG (DaybreakGameCash used in the marketplace bought with RWMoney) In which case you'll have seven permanent slots(thats what I did it help me expand my knowledge of the game which is what allowed me to grow as a dcuo player)
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You should not be required to delete characters, only lock them.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

This is correct. My membership lapsed a week ago and I had to lock a few of my alts. Now that I've re-upped they're all back.

Incidentally, you can't make any new characters when you have locked ones. You have to unlock all locked characters before you're allowed to make a new one.
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Oooh, that was the answer to one of the open questions, I believe. Now I gotta go find it.
    Nope. That was already there:
    "you must choose to resurrect all your locked characters or destroy them before opening a new blank one."
  8. Shinji Firudo Active Player

how does that work exactly i'm really curious now cause that is good news
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

How does what work? Sorry, it's been a while.

If I recall, what happens is you log in, and you go to select on one of your toons in the launcher, and it gives you an error, saying that you have too many toons and makes you choose which to lock (make inactive).

It should be noted, like restoring a deleted toon, locked toons' names go back into the pool, and you can lose their name (based on what I've read, not personal experience).
  10. ANJellGabriel New Player

I have a question, if you're a subscriber and unlock a character that only subscribers can unlock (e.g supergirl tv costume) once subscription ends and you are premium can that character still be used? Thx in advance :)
  11. L T Devoted Player

Yes. Once you unlock a legend it's yours (on that character) no matter what. The same is true for powers, shield, and movement modes.
    • Like x 1
  12. ANJellGabriel New Player

Good to know, thx a lot for the info :)
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Glad L T was able to answer your question succinctly. Please help me edit my text if it was unclear:
    "You can still mimic the greats. Any Legends characters you earned through Marks of Legend and purchased at an in-game vendor prior to your fall from grace, will still be playable. You will have to pay marketplace/station cash to get any more of the special premium ones, though."
  14. Wolfpey01 New Player

Hey this is a really good guide but I wanna know what would happen if I sub, then I cant pay it off for a while... What would happen to my (money, extra toons, etc?)
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

When your sub lapses, all the stuff tied with the downgrade kicks in (see AFTER BEING LEGENDARY) ... specific to your parenthetical: you become Premium, the next time you log in you're forced to choose which toons to lock, and your cash above 2k on each toon goes into escrow.
  16. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Dang I was looking for a thread like this when i first started. Still very helpful to me. Thanx alot all who helped. (should be stickied)
    • Like x 1
  17. Warlock Well-Known Player

Did anyone ever confirm if you keep shield unlocked if it's your default weapon? If yes, then a point to stress in the guide would be everyone should make shield their default weapon.
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thank you for the feedback. I'd still like to know that fine point, too.

Not sure how much I should stress something that exploits the system, if it does work.

I don't know that holding that tree open is worth it anyway. Premium players are limited in SP, because they don't necessarily have access to all the same feats and, it should be noted, that speccing into Shield isn't all that it could be, particularly when Advanced Mechanics are involved. A bug is explained in this post:
    Also, imo, it's more difficult to level a character with a shield than other weapons (eg: melee weapons give you damage boosts and low hitcounts for power regen).
  19. Warlock Well-Known Player

Well you only have to get to 10--and you can pretty much one shot most stuff holding right click :)--you don't even have to put any more points than the first one. Not sure that it's an exploit any more than rolling a light or atomic character and playing it after, too. Oh well, it was just a thought. Thanks for the reply.
    • Like x 1
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Added details in the FAQ about recurring membership, so I could throw in the the new information about xbox subs being manual-pay.