What's reasonable to hope for/expect

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Proxy I thought it was just me who thought story's were largely confusing or unfinished at this point. Ill absolutely concede that story in origin is near the top of the list of reasons I love that dlc
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I think adds are a good way to increase difficulty and a simple one generally the bosses need to hit harder but i think theres a limit on that and not realistic combining difficult one shot mechanics with a hard hitting boss hard hitting adds is great because things tend to get easy if they miss one of these examples and if this on top of that is designed for 2 Tanks then its a real difficulty so if one tank dies the group wipes and no dps stacking can save that thats how it should be.

Healers in dc are very powerfull and this should be considered when desiging a elite raid furthermore trolls debuffing the boss and multiple adds at the same time to do less damage makes it even easyier on the Tank on top of that kiting is a big thing and shouldnt be possible on Elite raids whats the point of the tank litteraly running away from enemys? See clocktower elite first boss solo Tank does this really look balanced? @devs
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I have no idea how they’re gonna make flashpoint make sense

• Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I feel like ever since monthly content started the stories have got worse ans worse and don't even really fit now with even the game's core story which is Brainiac.

I know the devs are trying to make good stories and I respect what they're attempting to do, but it just feels like at times, someone has picked up a dusty comic from somewhere, blown off the dust and gone, hell let's put an obscure character named mordru in the game and call it justice league dark, then 6 months later because we don't want to design a new boss let's put mordru back in the game for legion content...

I know stories are subjective but could that not have been an opportunity to bring some Brainiac back? I know you don't want Brainiac all the time either but it's really a case I feel of the games core story being ignored often for too long...

It's at the point where I couldn't care less about what's actually being said in cutscenes or briefings and that's really sad from a player perspective.

I mean I'm not by any means being disrespectful towards the effort but I think it's equally important to be honest in your feedback.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I just don't get off on tanking adds, if I'm in a boss room, I want that boss, if I wanted trash adds back I'd have stayed in the hallway :p

This is what im saying though, if you wanted to make the bosses hit harder then that's cool, but do it properly, force combat.

Get the tank up in the face of the boss, get them playing the combos, punish them for getting it wrong... it doesn't have to be a one shot, but if say you got it wrong 3 times in a row then boom dead, all the while you're shielding yourself etc.

It's probably a little more like turtle tanking, but I really do feel like they're making tanks kite too much, or that's how they're introducing the requirement of a second tank, one tank on adds one on boss.

If that were too be every fight it would be terrible and im sure equally so you might want to relax a boss a little around a combat type mechanic approach.

Perhaps too the answer isn't even making bosses hit harder, perhaps the answer is nerfing healers?

Dare I say it...
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And you overestimate its popularity. There are some that loved it through and through, some who liked some aspects of it, and others who were either indifferent to it or hated it (or hated what that DLC did to the community). Just because it's winning a bracket set up in 2020 doesn't automatically mean it was the best.

You're wrong about that as well. People are voting for it for a variety of reasons, but history would indicate that most (not including you obviously) are voting for it either because of all the big talk of "how great it was" or they're trying to push some kind of agenda.

They tried making it a more common thing. The player base fought against that with their gameplay. That's not an opinion, it's a hard fact.

Of course you find Proxy's statement funny....it doesn't fit your narrative that OC was and still is super popular. Meanwhile you're in denial of how many people quit during that era, or that it was because of that DLC (various reasons, all revolving around that DLC).

At the end of the day you are placing WAY too much importance on a bracket, one that can easily be gamed by silly and sometimes petty or delusional players. Until they reveal something to come out of that basic "poll" there is no point in making grandiose statements of its importance. In other words, until it means something specific, it means nothing more than that.
    • Like x 2
  7. zNot Loyal Player

As a example on what could be done is a 2 Tank design ideally with 2 bosses per bossfight encounter for example darksides war factory elite first and second boss encounters have 2 bosses in each room one for each Tank plus 3-4 adds think this was really good there arent many adds but the ones that are there hit hard same as the boss

I would like to see such design which is the one you described where the Tank needs to face the boss if he does a mistake he should get punished no kiting away or anything on elite there should be no mercy i think if the devs fix this kiting they can adjust difficulty better because some elite raids get x times easyier due to kiting tanks the whole difficulty is gone because of kiting. Maybe the boss applies a permament slow effect on the Tanks?

And as i said healers are really (too) powerfull with artifacts like page of destiny and healing ray it got even more OP if a Tank has 2 healers spamming heals and eye of gemini with shield spamming which a healers shield is super strong itself i dont see how that tank could die i mean its too much.
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I dont see any valid suggestion or feedback not worth to continue with you.

And another person denying the results of the poll? I think that already explains enough about you and the devs can make the opinion you wrote based on this knowledge that you dont believe in the bracket list.
  9. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I remember GOME, second boss, being a really fun and challanging experience that required more than one tank, despite there not being hoards of hard hitting adds. Wouldn't mind seeing more boss fights like that one.
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Yup absolutly agreed i enjoyed that one too. Both tanks had to work together and seperate the bosses so they could be damaged by the group.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

With that being said though, I'm not necessarily convinced just having a second boss really creates difficulty any more than pushing adds does.

What always happens in those fights is tank 1 takes boss to burn, tank 2 takes other boss(es), it's just an illusion of difficulty created by the fear of having more than one boss in the room at once.

The reality is you can make it just as challenging for the tank in other ways without forcing the issue of having 2 tanks, multiple bosses even or covering the tank with adds.

You simply add boss attacks the tank has to recognise and deal with, through lunging, blocking etc. There's some of that in the game already but far less than the typical go to pile in the adds approach..

I mean what does it even say about the importance of combat mechanics if you're going the add route, that's why it's a kite fest, if you pour adds in with one blocking, 2 block breaking, and 6 others lunging all you're ever going to get is the tank kiting at that point.

I have to query too everyone is hating on COUE but have been praising SFFE (correct me if wrong, but i believe even you were) even to the point where they demand it stay around forever, I have to question why though, they're not even really that much different in terms of overall difficulty.

It indicates to me a little that people are possibly just a little fed up with COUE since it's the only new raid (outside of SFFE) and that as well is jading peoples view of it.

It's hard to keep people engaged in a DLC when there's only one raid and alert ;) it's been thrashed to hell
    • Like x 1
  12. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Can it be an episode specific survivor mode lol, just a thought...
  13. Scytthe Well-Known Player

H when it comes to Pve, devs you are here in 1 sec right, when it comes to PvP even after 5 years nothing NADA, that makes no sense.

Much appreciated from all the Pve/PvP and pure PvP players.
  14. Scytthe Well-Known Player

I bet you are Rage of Fire tank or not tank at all, you wouldn't say that as an ICE Tank
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Earth
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In fact, 2 tanks (or any other support role) is a very, very bad idea at this time and will do a lot more harm than good for the game.
    Why?
    Outside of specific leagues, this will lead to an increase in the time to form a group (it is many times easier to find additional DPS than an additional support), this will force a change in the composition of existing groups (one or more permanent members of the group will be forced or retrained (for example, costs for artifacts or change of power, additional armory and equipment) or leave the group (and this will already lead to drama and toxicity).
    It's hitting the small leagues hard, it's hitting the people who rarely play, it's hitting the people who have a lot of alts, the people who form the LFG groups ...
    • Like x 2
  17. zNot Loyal Player

No thats not true the at endgame there are many Tanks currently tanks are only needed for elite stuff or regular raids which makes less people interested to even build a Tank if they would like in other mmos make endgame content more focused on support rolls people would play those rolls even i was thinking about going DPS due to the fact that we are mostly not needed esepcially with all of that kiting that has nothing to do with Tanking and charon said to me he generally creates content where a Off-Tank is needed but this is not enough he needs to force groups to use 2 Tanks because people always stack as many DPS as possible..
  18. zNot Loyal Player

I guess a second boss in the same boss encounter might be too much work for the devs? as compared too just adding a ton of adds so i would be happy with either one of them.

And yea the launching of the adds has to stop the immunity is too strong ideally the adds just shoot beams that cant be ignored in the darksides war factory elite raid there were adds that had this powerfull beam if all of the adds would shoots such similar beam the Tank cant block/launch a attack to gain immunity from the adds thats how it should be and kiting wasnt possible either maybe that explains why it was one of the hardest elite raids? If the devs wanna make it hard on the support rolls i hope they will read this and apply this.

SFFE is a actually more difficult mechanic wise then COUE what makes SFFE easy though is the comical low amount of HP of these bosses which as charon told me it is due to the fact that is a anniversay event not a Episode raid which is fine atleast i witnessed such a great raid which showed me that they do listen to the feedback when they created that raid and i hope it will continue to go like this.
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Will you personally pay each player who will be forced to become a tank 3 additional artifacts? Will you personally teach each player who will be forced to become a tank how to tank? Will you personally tank in each group that at the time of the release of the new DLC will not have 2 tanks in its composition?
    For once can you look at the situation objectively and not from the point of view of your ideal league?
    • Like x 1
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Will you teach 70% of the playerbase to be DPS and ignore support rolls for the most part and stack 5 DPS in one raid?

A league with 20 people is fine with only 1 Tank thats how much less a Tank is needed which is sad and shows that there are imbalances especially if we consider that regular raids need 1 Tank but also elite raids requieres 1 Tank despite being x times harder then a regular raid how is this acceptable? Litteraly the same setup? This shouldnt be the case Elite has to be more focused on support rolls just because you cant Tank doesnt mean this shouldnt be the case im not looking in the perspective of the league this is about the design of the Elite raids and from a logical perspective since dc is a mmo and its clear that the 5 DPS meta is not healthy for dcuo its not challenging to burn everything and avoid mechanics by having high dps (5DPS) and kiting on top of that as a Tank i think you just fear actuall difficulty but keep in mind that in the episode bracket list the last 4 remaining episoded all contain difficult Elite raids for the Tanks aswell 2 Tanks design and this fact should show the devs that this is being requested.

Teen titans, had one Elite raid (hive) for 2 Tanks
    Age of justice, 2 Tanks were needed at some boss fights for both elite raids
    Justice league dark, also 2 Tanks for the elite raids at certain fights
    Origin crisis (paradox/nexus) were solo tankable but the combat was different then (people used multiple trolls back then instead)and cant really be compared in this topic but all of them Were difficult on the Tanks thats a fact.