What's reasonable to hope for/expect

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think we're ever going to entirely agree on what we want in terms of tanking, but that's the nature of the beast, we don't all want the same thing in terms of the game.

In regard to SFFE. I like SFFE as a raid and would agree,SFFE has a larger range of mechanics, but it does also have an extra boss, in terms of whether or not those mechanics are harder than COUE I would say no, not really, I don't agree.

Once you know what's going on in there and the group starts to work as a cohesive unit it's much like any other piece of content.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

But you're ignoring the fact through your own admission you don't need to force 2 tanks to make content difficult on the tank, you can't just conveniently disregard Paradox by saying "oh different combat".

I find it peculiarly odd that you have this obsession with forcing 2 tanks and deciding that's your ideal group make up but not enforcing that same standard upon controlling and healing, you pass it off as an attempt to make the game "better for support players" but seem to completely disregard, seemingly so, any role outside of tanking.

Content, no matter how hard it is is most successful when it allows the players to come up with their own strategies to beat it and formulate their own group structures to see what they can achieve.

Designing content that effectively hard code requires players to build 2-2-2-2, 2-1-1-4 or so forth is as asinine as you feel 5-1-1-1 is. Your position is basically a double standard you seem to be slighted by the fact people are DPS stacking and that you're being forced and compelled to play that way but seem equally content to force people to play your way.
    • Like x 2
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Paradox was a 1 Tank but it was really difficult i doubt that the devs will bring anything like that again thats why im saying 2 Tanks if the devs really wanna make the solo tank a thing if the difficulty is like paradox then i would be fine with that for sure.

Tanks should be more impactfull currently its just a 5 DPS feast thats my point.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

On that first point we reach some agreement.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

I am part of what I believe is the quiet majority.

I want 2 raids that when combined take roughly 90 minutes. One can be easy-to-moderate, but I want one to decidedly be at the challenging-to-difficult range.

I want 1 alert.

I want 1 duo OR 1 challenge.

I want an open world area with 3-4 daily missions.

I want an open world area with 2-3 weekly missions. These weekly missions can be: A) Kill A Bounty, B) Collect a reasonable number of random junk from the world map, C) Kill a number of trash mobs where the number is low enough that if you did your dailies for all 7 days, the weekly will ALWAYS be completed with zero additional grinding required, D) Complete X number of daily missions.

I want between 1-2 Bounties at release, with a 3rd added in a later patch along with new rewards. I want the bounties to be perpetually always up, minus the minor respawn times. I do not ever want to have to wait half an hour to kill a boss; Everquest killed all patience I have for waiting for bosses to spawn. I do not want these bosses to have their own currency; they should only be required inasmuch as they complete their respective Weekly mission. I DO want them to have some sort of rare drop that makes farming them viable.

I want the feat for killing the bounty boss to be set at or less than the number of weeks before the next Episode; if I never miss a week, I should not have to farm any further additional kills.

I want the Tier Gear to be an original style based upon the hosting hero of the episode (so they're giving us their gear as repayment for our help).

I want the Purple Gear to be an original style based upon the villain of the episode (so we're taking from them their gear as we defeat them).

I want the Green/Blue Gear to be a recycled style that is not available in the Vault.

I do not want open world bounty spam.

I do not want open world Operations.

I do not want any content which requires more than 8 players to complete it.

I do not want any content where there is a mandatory waiting period of 30 minutes, even if you have your group ready to go.

If these requests seem pretty tame and like they describe more than half of all Episodes, that is because I am happy with more than half the Episodes we have got. I don't think it's a bad package, and I don't think there is a reason to reinvent the wheel.

I feel like the "be more original" request is a call to making Fight Mechanics more unique, and were not intended as a way of saying "Instead of a Raid, we actually want to walk in a circle for 30 minutes in fights that are so poorly designed that groups of 8 Elite Level players cannot complete them, but groups of 20 really bad level-boosted players will win with so little challenge that you will frequently see players being AFK during the fights." That request for "different" doesn't mean that we want an Episode that just has 15 Duos; it means that we would like for the fight to not be identical to the fight mechanics found in the previous three Episodes.
    • Like x 3
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm assuming that whatever the missions are, they are in the alternate timeline. I'd guess one will be to stop/defeat Zoom. It's probably why he had soooo much dialog in the anniversary event...so we'll remember him "ah yes...that guy who would not shut up during SFF"...kill him. And I'd also guess that Flash will set up some sort of time tunnel so we can access the alternate reality when needed. Other than that, they can one off 'flashpoint' type missions either recruiting allies or working our way to the fight with Zoom so we can repair things. Smells a bit like Metal 2 if that's the case.