Whats a easy top of the line dps power?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 6ix9ine, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Gadgets, Munitions followed by Fire since they are top of the line dps and their range is also really good.
  2. Shago1594 Active Player

no love for electric?
  3. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Electric is Meh
    • Like x 1
  4. AberrantAngel Committed Player

While I don't totally agree with this, I believe there us more balance now them there has been. A few powers were killed. Sorcery and mental were demolished in revamp to me. I don't mind to much cause I'm not a dps by heart. But honestly for the first time in 6 plus years seriously thinking about changing from mental to another troll power.
    I do believe some powers work better as a hybrid power. And I believe both of these would qualify.
    Butt again, yes powers are better off now then they have ever been
    • Like x 1
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Maybe the best way to out it is. Things are more balanced, but some powers have to work different than before to be optimal. I can see why people are saying they are ruined. Ruined as in not the same to them. I see very good dps's from all powersets, but they have to have certain builds that may not be the way some people would like to play.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

The nice thing about the revamp is that you can put together a lot more character concepts that do quite adequate DPS or healing or tanking. In fact quite a lot of builds will now do at least tier 2 dps even in raids and quite a few can do tier 1 dps if you are good with them. It really depends on what character concepts you want to run. But if you love a concept, it's now a lot more likely you can build it and have fun with it.

I've been on since beta and my personal favorites for DPS are as follows:

Weapon master (alerts): Weaponmaster + Quantum Troll (DPS bonuses for POT, weapon bonus and defense debuff => serious damage using some weapon combos and reasonable dps using most weapons.) [In raids I would run in dps stance as there will be a troll there casting POT which gives weapon dps bonues, but in alerts, duos or solo, troll mode actually does much more DPS due to the 3 weapon bonuses] Not to mention who doesn't like a teleporting martial artist / weapon master?

Combo power: Atomic with the option to swap using armory to one of the most survivable tanks if something goes south and the group is in danger of wiping. Also it just looks cool!

PFFT Super Speeder: Water + SS using crashing wave, bubble, whirling dervish and vortex is surprisingly close to what you see a super speeder do on TV, is easy to run and does good dps against both small groups of ads and bosses. Throw in Solace of the Seas and Dehydrate and you have an extremely survivable melee dps that can easily get around in combat.

Beamer (if you like superman's heat vision scene in the DCUO video or characters with beam blasts): Fire: meteor, fire shield, heat vision, absorb heat is quite effective when you want to focus fire on a boss surrounded by ads and builds up SC fast enough to toss at least 2 of your favorite fire SC attacks during an average battle. The extra healing from absorb heat doesn't hurt either and can help your healer keep you alive. Not to mention you can stand back at max range in most cases and just go to town.
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

tell that my top tier damage :D
    IT's not gadget/munition or melee rage.. but i's not far behind :)
  8. Shago1594 Active Player

this loadout is pretty good (not mine)
  9. Vagrant Committed Player

All have great damage capabilities, personally I think all powers have a potential to play and do great damage in top tier content, just need the right load out.

I plan to eventually (Hopefully) have a load out video for each power.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I hate these types of threads. Electric is fine and is still a top tier power. Because some don't like being super OP, it drops to the middle of the pack. Lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Electricity get nerfed.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Fixed is the correct term when something is broken. :)
  13. Shago1594 Active Player

I'm about to switch from Electric (below average) to Ice. Any suggestions?