Whats a easy top of the line dps power?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 6ix9ine, Mar 2, 2018.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Some people are upset with their favorite powersets. They think Revamp ruined them. That's their opinion. I was told Fire was ruined and was weak. I spent many a days testing and testing. The build is what changes the potential. Some powersets need more SP than others. Some need better gear (or stats) to do better. Some need the right LO. Some need multiple armories to change to fit the situation. Some need it all. No one can convince me any powerset is weak. Only the players. If you take offense to that statement, I apologize. But there's alot of truth to what I'm saying.
    • Like x 3
  2. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

I honestly think in the right hands any power can be top dps at this point in the game as long as you know what your doing. Since revamp Ive been HL, Rage, Quantum, Fire, and Celestial andI have either been on top of the charts or keeping up with the top person in damage. I think its just all about skill these days
    • Like x 1
  3. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

THANK YOU! I could not agree more. If you was running for president I'd vote for you lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

You'd get more respect beating someone with a normal power than you would with a flavor of the month power. I see what you're saying but we need to break out that pure preasure. We need to have fun on this game and not worry about what people think about what power we have.
  5. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I agree. Some might argue about needing skill, I just beg to differ. It plays a huge part. Skilled players using powersets that have an advantage, look ridiculous number wise. Some mediocre players that use those powers look better than they are. Electric had an advantage, and has since been tamed a bit. ST is below average but the muliple trash adds get merced by Electric players still. I think overall powers are closer than theyve ever been. Good players shine and below average lag behind. I think people are starting to see that even if they are confused and think its the power. When an uniformed player runs a raid and sees a good HL or Gadgets player blast people on damage they make the wrong assumption and think thats the new FOTM or OP power. Nah bro, thats just a good player. Do i think some powers need some work. Absolutely. Nerfs? Not at all. I dont wanna get ahead of myself but I think we are getting close to seeing skilled players shine thru the cracks of powerset stereotypes. Cheers to you guys. Get it in and makem think youre the FOTM.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're talking to someone who mains as cele dps and wrote a guide on it. I know it's potential. It's just weird that last year it was trash, but now suddenly praised as top tier.
  7. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Yes. I think the powers are as balance more than they've ever been. Which is why I absolutely HATED advanced mechanic. Just a bunch of people using ice powers spamming artic gust thinking they have skill smh. And no one dared to touch nature or electric for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT because the damage was just absolutely horrible.
    • Like x 2
  8. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Preach. Dont forget about Broken Mental. Or Earth crushing with debri field while buffing Crystal with 1H flipslash. No skill involved. I used to let my 8yr old play for me in Raids with Earth. Lol. Glad AM is gone. Too easy...no skill involved.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Your judgment on the prices of auras and materials is horrendous, but your judgement on power balance is spot on. They really are all pretty close. Ones that seem much farther ahead are only capable of doing it in perfect set ups, which isn't very often, especially when talking elite content.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

To some it did. I literally hate Sorcery now. Instead of fixing and improving, they just made new powers. New powers that were left broken, or as one green said "skill". Funny how a skilled power turns out to be a how fast can I spam one or two powers.

So yeah, some people do think their favorite powers were ruined, and for good reason.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your hilarious putting atomic down there, and sorcery is on there twice. WTF, lol.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Exactly, you play and know that Celestial is in a top tier now so why worry? There's no problem to admit that. Celestial is an uneasy power to play in both roles
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

I can no longer edit my post. I would post Nature instead of Sorcery in medium tier and Electricity on high tier.
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cause I'd rather not get it unnecessarily nerfed cause people are saying it's top tier. It's not strong like electric was and can still be beaten by gadgets, rage, earth, and munitions. Hell even electric can still beat it in add heavy raids like US.

Cele is strong, but it strictly depends on the content for it to shine.
  15. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Lol you really hate the way I sell my items huh? Well contrary to your belief I've been buying and selling on DC for a long time. I buy low and sell high. Thats how I make my money on this game simple supply and demand. I've already sold all 4 out of the 6 items I've posted while barely adjusting the prices.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Neither i want that. Celestial, although in top tier, is not alone and do not deserve any kind of adjustment. Celestial is fine as it is.
  17. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

Like what ThePhilosophy said u might not be a fan of clipping aren't u? any combo-based power is fun imo because of the creativity and the more options u have (beside water)
    Btw mate, mind u telling me how much might stats u have in ur earth and hardlight chars? HL is very weak? you're definitely playing it wrong or something friend.
  18. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

just know that the play style is what i hate the most after Revamp it's just not fun anymore.
  19. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Best DPS power.........heh.....

Here's the only way to figure out the best DPS power in the game.

~ Make a toon for each power
    ~ Level every toon you make from 1 up to 224 (no buying advances, change the CR to match highest and easiest end game CR to reach based on updates and new content)
    ~ Make sure every toon you make has the exact same amount of SP
    ~ Make sure every toon you make either uses stuff to buff you (artifacts, soders, etc) or make sure none of them use them
    ~ Make sure every toon you make is either in the same league or different leagues with the same proficiencies purchased in each
    ~ Run every instance available in the game for a week; everyday, every instance, random q's, with 1 toon. Write down the overall damage for each of those instances and get their average. Repeat that for each toon you made in step 1

I'm relatively certain if you do these 6 steps you'll figure out which power is best for DPS...........for you.

OR

We can all just agree that all powers are even in their potential but all players aren't.

You'll never find the perfect DPS power if you're asking what the best DPS power is because of the infinite amount of answers or you'll choose the FoTM power and then be beat by a different power and then you'll switch to that power thinking you can do just as well and some other power will beat you so you'll switch again and again and again and again and again............

Pick a power you think is cool to play with and OWN THAT ****! Then you'll become a beast.
    • Like x 3
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yup. Ice is my main. And I can honestly say, I have mastered the power of Ice. I love it and in my hands, I am a God. :p