Whats a easy top of the line dps power?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 6ix9ine, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

I've still not seen a really good Atomic player. Who knows why so much ppl are struggling with Atomic.
  2. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

between water and electric whos got the strongest dps and best healing?
  3. OC-GG New Player

Ahh i see ty!
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess the powers are right now in a state, were they are the most in balance since ever ^^
    at least the gab between best and worst is rather small. just that the playstyles are unbalanced.
    go super powered and PFTT, weapons are basicly useless and combos dont realy cut it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm actually kind of surprised people are even saying celestial. It's always had the potential to be a great power in the right hands, even before the revamp but people doubted it. Now since some famous youtuber in a video is using it I guess it's starting to catch on that it's not a bad power...funny how that works :rolleyes:

To OP, most of the powers in the game are easy once you master them, but I wouldn't recommend celestial if you've never played it before, or any of the combo powers for that matter. They take time to learn and memorize all of the combos, which isn't an overnight thing, especially for celestial.

I'd try electric, it's fairly easy and pretty effective.
    • Like x 2
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

i just hate that electric is still one of those powers left with two PI's...
    the split's a disatvantage... only exception: gadgets can deal with it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

"or any of the combo powers"
    That's so true,, combo powers has a lot of options and u can be creative with it and u actually get better while playing it
    Combo powers FTW :)
  8. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Most people still won't push Celestial to its utmost potential, just like most who switched to Gadgets this DLC. :rolleyes:
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Earth and Celestial are the best DPS powers today.
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

Celestial is only strong on singletarget...on adds less. Earth only melee.

Munitions is a king right now
  11. MerkyMouse Well-Known Player

I disagree with almost everyone on this thread, I have yet to see celestial or munitions on the top of the board in raids, and I haven't seen a gadget dps in forever. I mostly see earth and electric over and over, not to mention the fact that everyone I know argues that nothing beats electric.
    That being said, I myself am sorcery and my numbers seem perfectly fine, I get out dps by electrics with more sp than me but anyone who has comparable sp to me just gets destroyed by me in damage.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Do you actually use celestial? Or are you repeating what a YouTuber said?
    • Like x 1
  13. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Why do people always look for the "best" dps power. Like why can't we just pick a power you like regardless. That's how we create the "flavor of the month".
    • Like x 2
  14. MerkyMouse Well-Known Player

Because when these elitest who use these flavor of the month builds/powers, they shame all other dps of other power/build types because they don't have matching damage. People get tired of being shamed out of being able to run content and have fun, so they grab the flavor of the month so they can have a seat at the big kids table. It's annoying how many players confuse flavor of the month with "having skill". There are some skilled players out there but in my opinion you lose a lot of respect or skill if you will, when you use a flavor of the month build and act like you are on top because of skills.
    • Like x 2
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i don't know when you started playing but HL was glorious when it was first released and it has gone downhill since then & compared to my earth it's very weak.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Plays an alert or raid against some Earth or Celestial or Munitions dps and you'll see it.
  17. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Earth in raids is horrible the only major hitting power is jackhammer everything else is standard.
  18. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

because some of our favorite powers were ruined by revamp
  19. El Presidente Well-Known Player

What no Electric?...shocking
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I think its alot harder to determine what the "best dps" powerset now a days. I have topped charts consistently with all 3 of my powersets. Fire (main) Munitions and Electric (alts) I only use 3 to cover all roles. Munitions and Electric are alot easier to use versus Fire IMO, but Fire remains supreme in my arsenal. Thats probably due to the amout of time Ive invested into my builds. Muni and Electric are easy to pick up and go and do well.

The BEST DPS's in the game, are the ones that put time into there builds. Ive seen greatness out of all powersets. Those good players create envy in their power because of there performance not the power itself. Revamp brought everything closer in potential. Most importantly it allowed skilled players to break stereotypes and say you need a certain power to do good damage. The AM era changed peoples perception of whats best. The best powerset is the one you actually learn to use optimally. We can rank powers all day and never come to a unanimous decision. We can only rank potential. Going beyond the Potential is only unlocked with the player behind the sticks (or keyboard).