What is something after a long time of playing DCUO that you only just realised/found out?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dene, Jan 16, 2018.

1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There is a teleporter in the watchtower in the room with the sparring targets.

It's were you come out at if you leave several operations by the portal instead of just exciting from the scorecard.
    • Like x 3
  2. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Oh wow! I probably would have never known that if you hadn't pointed that out xD. Thanks.
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There is at least one solo op that doesn't use that one though. If I remember correctly, it's the first one in AF3. After you beat Faust, if you have to leave for some reason, the teleporter back in is at your faction's rally points in the zone. There might be a few other instances like that as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

She only does her reflect attack when she hits 30% hp and below.
    • Like x 1
  5. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Ah okay, good to know.
  6. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Recently like 3 days ago i just realized that if you are in a group with other players you could ping your location on the map.
    • Like x 2
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Psst... There is a button key at the bottom of the screen that tells you that you can do this. Don't tell anyone though. They might start looking for it on other screens as well.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

On Pc you can copy paste in game.

For instance: item in broker...highlight it ctrl+ c key (copy) and ctrl + v key (paste).
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Group shields don't work for open world bounties if you're not actually in a group with the people around you. Certain heals will however. But not all. Especially not the priority heal.
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Figured this out during HH tho, amount of health triggers an attack script, the one where she whirls her whip like a shield.
  11. Kestral Committed Player

Well they used to, but since revamp I think they have removed all references that i've seen for 'healing allies' from the ability descriptions because people would camp out <30 missions and heal the adds villians/hero's needed for the missions.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's kind of you not to name Spytle. I am sure he appreciates it. :eek: ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The same is true on PC, if you are using a game pad at least. I haven't played much with mouse and keyboard, and the ui changes the second you move the mouse/press a keyboard key to one version of the ui or to the other the second you press something on a game pad, so I'm not sure if there is a key for the mouse and keyboard setup.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Well I guess I just learned something NOW.
    Had a long time player (as in still has original disk) that didn't know when your name turns yellow in group you are lead.
    • Like x 2
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

We’ll see, now I just learned something. I didn’t know that. Lol
    • Like x 5
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hopefully not stating the obvious (although it seems that is a common thread in this post), but you don't need to spell out the entire item either (assuming you don't have one on hand to sell to right click/triangle button on). I use this a lot when opening TCs on alts where I don't collect anything and I get a collection box to open. I like to see what each item sells for before I select it, keeping the most expensive item then sending to my main, but typing the whole thing out takes time. But rather than typing 'Complex Crime Scene Riddle' you can just type 'ne rid' and get the same result at least until they come out with something else with a similar name, but even then you would only probably have to scroll through 2 or 3 different items.

Reinheld

PS. It might just have been a glitch, but don't let that selection timer time out on the TC collection box. Rather than just pulling out the top item on the list, you get nothing. I accidentally clicked X and launched a instance that popped when I was looking up values before selecting my item, and missed the timer. I had NO collections in my inventory after the timer ran out and I arrived in the instance. So there's another thing I just found out....the hard way.
  17. myandria Item Storage

Wow! I learned a lot of new things today just from reading this thread.
    However...

1.) I recently learned about the white base mods and how little time/effort/money they cost. Before that I stopped using/creating mods for many months.
    2.) Bank inventory slots max out at 120.
    3.) Shared bank inventory slots max out as 23 (c'mon devs, we need more than that!).
    • Like x 3
  18. LOUD*NOISES New Player

On PC you can left click items to equip or unequip them, left click items in your inventory to send them into the bank among other things.

You can also spam the spacebar and enter keys to spec into skill points waaaay faster than clicking on them. all you have to do is hover the cursor over which
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

On PC you can just mash ESC to exit out of menus. You might accidently decline group or instance invites though...

I only learned recently, that the icons in the journal identify if a mission is group, solo or PVP.
    The icons besides NPC health bars at the top of the screen identify mobs, bosses and group bosses.

To report a player with an invalid name (special symbols the UI can't display at all and only leave blank spaces) go to the social menu and select the player in recent text or group, then select tell. Now replace tell with report and add the reason at the end.
  20. Tikkun Loyal Player

Rumor has it if you say her name three times, she will appear...but there is always a price. ;)