What is something after a long time of playing DCUO that you only just realised/found out?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dene, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Dene Devoted Player

Just Curious (& a bit of fun )

What is something after a long time of playing DCUO that you only just realised/found out?

(Please keep it light & please don't ridicule others for things they may not know)

I've had a few lightbulb moments - but today was a stand out

I have been playing since 2012 and I only realised, today, that Gotham has a 2nd Bat Signal!!! (it is on the roof of the Bottled GCPD HQ in South Gotham)
    • Like x 9
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

Showing a certain item on brooker by rightclick (on PC) on the item. Found out last year.
    • Like x 6
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Loved that they put that in
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

haha I didn't knew that and I've played since beta XD
    • Like x 5
  5. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

shift/ctrl + click on a stack of item, found out about that just only last year I think.
    • Like x 4
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

The block function :v
    • Like x 4
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Been playing since Year One and never realized what the red circle and strange noise meant when I entered an instance. It means I'm part of Task Force X.
    • Like x 4
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

interesting :eek:
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

I read this thread and thought "Well I know pretty much everything and can explain everything. No need to post here."

Then you posted this and I realized I never really thought about it but actually YES! why is this red circle there?! Now I know, thanks :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

By the way I am curiously waiting for people coming out of hiding and posting "Dominance does not affect aggro. Did not know that." :D
    • Like x 7
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I, too, only read about it a few months back... guess we all learn things today lol
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The only stats I’m sure about are health and power. The rest I’m not sure *what* they affect. I just know that I have practically no dominance and that somehow it’s important if I try to do the iceberg lounge solo.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Seriously, I remember without a doubt people doing the math, posting it on the old forums, etc. proving those two were connected. And the top players never disagreed. I even remember the, "Okay, they changed it. Everyone respec" posts.
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you click on the stats in the stat tab, you get a description of what the start is for. If the stat is used in a formula (like Dom and resto for Shield strength), a basic formula is given under the stat. However, some variables depend on the power used.
    • Like x 2
  15. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I just found that out last week from my wife when she returned to the game. :D

Another thing I found out in the past six months: Players can debuff Captain Buzzzcutt in the tier 2 HIVE Base 4-player mission by luring him into the fires from the HIVE ship explosion.
    • Like x 3
  16. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

CTRL and click+ click+ click takes the amount of item from the stack equal to the number of clicks. I thought it was a one off until I 2x click by mistake.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This started back when heroes and villains were allowed to play on the same team for PvP. It got expanded a some years later into PvE when the villain population started taking a serious hit even after the PC/PS merger.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not gonna happen....cause plenty of people STILL believe that. :rolleyes::D
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

WHAT??? How did you even find this out??? I've never seen that before. I also haven't run that alert in well over 2 years.
    • Like x 4
  20. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I found out from these forums. I posted something about how Captain Buzzzcutt's health or defense has always seemed too high, and matth431 was kind enough to pass along that he can be debuffed in the fires from the ship's explosion. It makes a 5-10 minute fight at tier become 2-3 minutes.

• Like x 2