What is something after a long time of playing DCUO that you only just realised/found out?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dene, Jan 16, 2018.

1. spack2k Steadfast Player

everything posted here i already have found out but i can tell you what till this day i still didnt find out, i am playing since early 2012 and i still dont know how to zoom out without a mouse on a laptop, no green name could tell me either after several threads.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Pinging on the map when in a group. Only ran into that a while back when doing last year's Anti-monitor event and hunting Archons and iconics in a group. Bring up the map and click on 'R3' (on PS4....not sure on PC) and a blue circle goes out around you on the minimap it shows which dot you are if off map.

Oh, and I have a friend who also did not know about the up/down arrow until about a month ago. I was showing him my route for CC bounties and mentioned Abbra, Trickster, WW and the Top are a bit easier because if you stay at ground level when searching, they are always up arrows....he said "up arrows?" and I had to show him. He was embarrassed.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

She isn't, though she still mods live chat. Her main is still CR 165.

I was the last player in the league logging in, alone, for my last two or three months before I finally very reluctantly quit the league. The highest CRs in that league are still 175.
  4. Dene Devoted Player

Had no idea about the debuff trick in the duo :O
  5. Dene Devoted Player

HUGE ww fan here

I actually had it as a toon.. but when i renamed him (was going to have him as my bank because it felt too much like roleplay) and went to redo him, it was already gone - someone had me on their friends list
  6. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I didn't know how to identify minion level adds for a long time.
    • Like x 1
  7. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

I didn't realise until just B4 Christmas that the Bat signal is not constantly on in Gotham , it turns on and off !!
    i did a screen grab with my toon infront of the signal in the sky,but when i looked at the pic,the signal was not there,so i went to investigate to see if it goes behind clouds or something and realised it turns on and off.....6yrs it took me to notice this lmao !

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Nice! I had been trying different ways to search for those
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Been back a couple of weeks and just found out this weekend. We can stack some things to 99 now. Holy crap that was a blessing to find out. My inventory looks so much better now.
    • Like x 2
  10. Kestral Committed Player

Could be wrong but that is set to mouse scroll by default on PC. Since you are playing on a laptop which would not have that option, you would have to go to the key bindings in settings and see if there is another key option you could change it to. Otherwise plug a mouse into the laptop. I tried playing without once when my desktop was out of action and it was a nightmare just to run the vault and stabilizer.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kestral Committed Player

Had a player tell me yesterday that my supercharge (that i've never not used daily for years) has a 8 man shield for the group that I never noticed before. I really hope the visual effect was at least new at revamp otherwise omg the level of oblivious.
    • Like x 2
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

depends if the trackpad has gestures, so scrolling would be TWO fingers up or down.
    • Like x 1
  13. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

Two things the SHOULD be known to all:

1) when in a group, each person has a colour to their name and that colour can be found on the mini map showing you where a particular group member is (the colour of the “triangle” by their blue player marker)

2) you can ping your location: open up the world map and click on on your R3 button (PS4 controls)
    • Like x 1
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What in the Sam Hill ?

I never knew that ...
    • Like x 2
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's a new one on me, as well! Care to give more details on exactly what to do to make that work? 'Cuz the only time I see items in my inventory while using the Broker is when I'm putting items up for sale. :confused:
  16. Kestral Committed Player

on PC when you have an item in your inventory and you want to see what it is selling for you can right click on it and that will auto populate the search field and bring up all entries for that item without you clicking anything else. Thus not having to hand type in every entry and hope you are spelling things right.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dene Devoted Player

That's when you do it - as you are putting items for sale

on PC -

1. Open Broker

2. Click on Add Item

3. Right Click on the item you want to sell

It will show that item only that is for sale and will go from lowest to highest price

Can be a bit buggy with broker lag so may have to right click x2
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

On PS you click on the item and then press triangle. ;)
    • Like x 6
  19. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

camera control is on the right stick like most 3rd person action game, if you are talking about PS3 or PS4
  20. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

This is a very interesting thread, I never knew about pinging on the map either.

I've been playing the game for four years (I mostly PvP), and there is something that still eludes me. If you're running an operation and you warp to your base to grab something from your bank, how do you return to the instance if it is not located in Metropolis or Gotham or any other zones you can get to from the watchtower? If anyone knows the answer to this, I would greatly appreciate it.