What is something after a long time of playing DCUO that you only just realised/found out?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dene, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I just found out that you're named after the Steve Trevor in the WW movie
    • Like x 1
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The base tracking system.

I also never saw the point of decorating bases until i realized they add to league points.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A certain veteran player did not realize the up or down arrows above player/npc dots on the minimap indicated that they were above or below you. This player will not be named.
    • Like x 23
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well...and here I thought I knew it all by now. Sheesh:eek::)
    • Like x 3
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I learned that instance from a veteran who taught us how to exploit it and skip that boss entirely to get the speed feat. I only exploited it that one time, following his lead, so he clearly did not know about it either. I'm fairly sure that particular exploit was fixed long ago, but since I've never tried it since, I can't say for sure.

I wonder if a lot of the original players failed to learn that mechanic because they skipped the boss. :( (Not saying you didn't learn for that reason directly, but maybe because people didn't pass the information to you because they skipped and didn't learn it)
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m just going to go ahead and surmise it’s because THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT TELLS YOU THIS INGAME.
    • Like x 3
  7. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

That's true of most mechanics. I learned a lot of things through trial and error or from word of mouth. Word of mouth is unfortunately less reliable than trial and error since players often provide strategies based on being over-geared or doing things that are probably not how the developers intended for them to be done.
    • Like x 4
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I wish there was some kind of almanac or bestiary for these things. Someone told me a few months ago that Lashina only does her reflect after she loses each quarter of her health. I haven’t been in DWF since to confirm that, but if it’s true? That’s the sort of info I’d have crawled over broken glass with my flies undone for back when it was current!
    • Like x 5
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Now I am curious ^^
  10. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

There's an icon to the left of your name and health bar, that indicates whether or not you're in movement mode. If it's visible, you are, if not displayed, you aren't.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Well if certain people would get in chat... *looks up and whistles*
  12. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Haven't seen her around in a while, I wonder if she's still playing the game.;)
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I remember seeing it in another thread, so you could probably look it up. It was either a similar thread to this, or possibly a "look what I found" specifically about that. I don't remember who it was or how long ago it was though.
  14. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Few days ago I realized that typing "Box" into the All search of the Broker would list every gear box currently being sold.

So many Time Capsule style sets I was missing until discovering this.
    • Like x 3
  15. TestReporter Loyal Player

Looks like i learned something new today :eek:
  16. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol....been playing 3 years and NEVER knew the supercharge meter was under my name....i only thought it was the colored cirlce that gradually fills up. I felt like a straight noob
    • Like x 5
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wait, what?

I know the dots change to an arrow when they're at a different height then you, but never realized it pointed up or down....

Go back on vacation. Making people feel like noobs.
    • Like x 5
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps, that was supposed to be our secret... Oh you didn't name me... um well, this is awkward, moving along people, nothing to see here.
    • Like x 5
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Even though I've been playing for about 5 years or so, I'm still occasionally discovering new keyboard commands for the PC version that I didn't realize were there (simply due to hardly ever using those functions.)
  20. Rabbitxpp Well-Known Player

I just found out how to zoom out the screen on Playstation and ive been playing on and off since 2013. Hold L1 and press up or down with the D pad.
    • Like x 3