what could bring you back to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ermike, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ermike Committed Player

In theory this is fine.. problem is the content just doesnt warrant enough cc from the controllers.. 1 good tank can essentially handle any room on their own. And tanks/healers just dont use enough power to warrant 2 trolls especially if healer is nature.. by giving dps these AMs they are fundamentally phasing out power which eliminates need for trolls. Now if the game added more NPCs that could not be effectively but needed troll stuns then i agree with u. The game needs to find ways to eliminate the need for burn. Lower boss health but add intervals of immunity and need for survivability i.e. FOS2 last boss or Nexus pre nerf.. make players have to run for cover and get heals. Make tanks have to move. Make adds need stunning.. all of this will help.
    • Like x 2
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I actually love everyone of these ideas.

Let's add one, that would blend with yours.
    I'm trying to figure out how to say this. If you use a tank power, when in DPS stance you have better defense. Great for melee.

If you are a controller power get power back as a DPS

If you are a healer power, self healing DPS.

I think those would be good.
  3. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

girl you deserve a really big applause for this post.
    • Like x 2
  4. Errorcode1058 New Player

Ok Thunderbolt, I'll take you at your word and answer your questions then...

1) I started playing this game back when you still needed a $60.00 cd rom to get started. I collected each and every Mark and when it came time to upgrade I always kept at least 1 of the defunct marks as a trophy from a cherished era of the game. I'm a History teacher and artifacts are important to me. If I ever log onto my main (villain) I would still see at least 1 Mark of Krypton, 1 Mark of Momentum, 1 Mark of Lore, 1 Mark of War, etc. During T4 the developers got rid of separate marks per DLC and announced that Marks of Triumph would be the new singular currency. That lasted about 4 months and then we were given Marks of Reality all through T5. In T6 we got Marks of Fury and then all of a sudden they reverted to something similar to the original formula with Symbols. When Marks of Victory came out the symbols (my trophies/Rtifacts were wiped away without my consent). This may not seem like a big deal to anyone but me because expired currencies are useless. Ask yourself how useful PS Trophies are and why people bother trying to collect them.

2). I enjoyed rent runs. So long as the difficulty was consistent, testing new load outs and gear against things that used to challenge my toon was a solid measuring stick for character progression. It was also a good way to meet, interact, and offer assistance to lower level players looking to learn the nuances of the game. Did you know there are 2-4 different ways to beat the 2nd boss of Gates? 2 of them are really fun regardless of CR while the traditional PUG method of straight up tank and spank bum rush really isn't. Did you know bringing a healer to heal the Amazonian allies in TD who would help you fight the Amazonian enemy adds was faster and more interesting than relying on a roleless buff? I did...and I loved sharing offbeat strategies that went against the YOUTUBE consensus.

3). MOV discouraged players from running 'irrelevant' content by creating longer queues for lower tier stuff. I'd have loved to continue helping/teaching people the hidden tricks, but I'm not going to wait an hour to run stuff I already soaked the gear and feats out of.

4). Furthermore, MOV discouraged players from mingling with people at different stages of skill, skill point, and CR progression. Players were funneled into their relevancy band and that was it...your circle became closed...unless you wanted to wait a year to run Smallville, TD, Unpaid, Seeds, or any other content the developers neglected to give us walk-in access to. Just because people weren't at end-game didn't necessarily mean they weren't worth meeting.

5). Having open world/zone solos count as the relevant content band was a travesty. I play an MMO to interact with other people. I like to bs and laugh. By the time I quit I had 3 toons with 170+ sp each...one toon for each role. Each of those toons had at least 100 SP BEFORE feat sharing became part of the game. And I did it without ever working on solo content missions. I quit on TOYMAN at the 10 pt feat. I did ARKHAM and STEELWORKS only when waiting for queues to pop or for a group to be formed. Personally, terrorizing police precincts in Gotham or farming my exobit route and squashing heroes who dared to enter my neighborhood was a lot more fun than punting imps in the wastelands.

So what was there to do if you were only interesting in playing with other people. You could log on and run the 2-3 duos you had access to. You could log on and run the 1-3 alerts you had access to. You could run your 1-2 raids per week. And that was it unless you were willing to buy replay badges...to access content you already paid for access to through your subscription. The game I paid $60 plus a sub fee for had no weekly resets for raids. Over time, that was taken away from me. Once you eliminated the solos, you pretty much had 6-7 things you could do with friends put groups...and running the same 3-4 alerts every day because you blew through the raids last Tnursday created a barrier against wanting to bother logging in again.

This is the truth...
    Stat flattening by itself would have been awesome. In ESO, the difficulty level for an nstance is set based upon the level/tier of the person with group lead. Want to have a challenge? Give the lead to the highest level or tier person in your group before entering the instance. Want to carry a friend, give lead to the lowest level person before queuing.

Stat flattening + relevancy bands...poison to those of us who play and socialize with others.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  5. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

While some points I can agree with you on, others I always played a different way. I always liked making new alts, just to meet new people. I liked helping them through some of the "tougher" missions and teach them little things.

I also like to answer those LGFs asking for help in lower tier content. Helped a few people though the FOSs just the other day. It was real fun. I guess we all have different ways of socializing, but I like to just answer the call for help. Oh, and after the last couple of updates that stat flattening thing isn't much of an issue.

I understand your point on the historical value of marks though. In that sense it would be pretty cool.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jak-Man Committed Player

There's nothing else to say that hasn't already been said. We're just gonna have to move on, throw tantrums, or put up and shut up.
    • Like x 2
  7. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

What will make me and some ppl I know come back like good old days is a few things, this from top of my head as I don't have the time to think of every single thing but...

1. Bring back the damn comic book cut scenes, why why did they take it out have no clue was a stupid move imo.
    2. Stop with the damn FoTM powers, it isn't right that some powers get fixed then they buff older powers so high that the recent revamps to the powers that needed fixing looks they didn't do nothin to them ( HL, elec, rage just to name a few)
    3. Stop making content revolving around replay badges, there's no reason why there's HH then HH elite but when u run reg to unlock elite yet ur still loot locked lol.
    4.give us more variety in our AMs, let us choose our loadout instead of have thw grp spamming the same rotation and loadouts. Seriously!
    5. For Petes sake which each tier that they add solos or duos can they already count towards our feats instead of waiting for some of us to point it out, I mean this been going on for how long? Yet they still cant get their stuff together.
    6. Stop with the base items lol. I seriously am gettin sick of them I'm sure there's some of us out thwre as well and I'm not alone but damn just hold back on the base items specially from raids that we are counting on gettin gear and marks. If thwy make it to where ull get one regardless of what u pick gear, marks or weapons that that be ok.
    7. Maybe it's time to start on that new UI to make ps3 players a little happy? I kbow the ps3 is at its limit if that's the case then either slowly start dropping support for it or start workin on w.e u guys can like thw new UI qhere supposedly it was gonna fix major issues with ps3 but got canned instead.
    8. Pvp needs a major overhaul. Take out wm, bring back support roles, even with 20k health ull still get one shotted by a wm lol.
    9. Listen to the community a lil bit more? No not the nerfing or buffing or this easy that's hard. But the fixes we need. Why the hell am I losing my hud on a ps4 from time to time? Why am I still falling through maps? Why do raids still have issues where a npc glitches which requires him to proceed. Lil stuff like that.
    10. Bring back skill points to where it matters. Yea I know that it still helps to have more sp then a guy with only 60sp compared to ur 200 sp. But since it's all about gear and cr now and powers gettin a buff month then nerf another then buff another power makes sp almost worthless.

I might have left bigger issues, just too tired to even care to explain since I kbow there ain't gonna be a damn thing done to it to even fix or tweak these things.
    • Like x 3