what could bring you back to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ermike, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ermike Committed Player

All of this
  2. Fies Committed Player

Guess that was somewhat aimed at my post as its not really on topic :) Dont take it personally- I dont.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

Nothing. This game hit the point of no return, I have no trust in the devs anymore and most of the people I played with seem to have a similar opinion and I guess they won't be around much soon.

The only things that could bring me back would be
    - rework of support roles and new content provided to support the support (i.e. content that would make support roles enjoyable again). Probably best in some form of extension that starts after lv30, so that people wouldn't need to play the fail content of the last year.
    - rework of pay models - this game pushes a sub so hard and restricts premium further and further, which in the end lead to the situation where I think this game doesn't deserve any money from me at all. Imo any money is better than no money but since the devs don't actually seem to want premiums to exist anymore, so be it.
    - new UI and some consistency in the game. As in, if you do a new loot system, implement it all over the game.

But pretty much everything on my list would be considered unreasonable, since they simply have no resources to do even one of those things in a reasonable time and I would want at least 2 of those done to consider a comeback.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sinnvoll Well-Known Player

^This
    The payment methods are horrible. Gamecards have been gone for months, there are several open threads on the forum about it with no answer from the devs. Old Prosieben had about 7 more payment methods than SOE/DBG do, and thats sad.
    Plus, the premium seem to be the ones always having to pay More and More for Less while legendary pay the same and keep asking for more perks, eventually this will lead to premiums being gone and legendary being more expensive.

All the premiums i used to run with have said they probably won't buy the new episode.
    As for me, i was premium for years owning all the dlc's, then went legendary with the gamecards for like a year, then they took the gamecards away and atm i have no desire to buy the new dlc. I hate the way they are treating premium players, its like if you don't have a credit card they don't want your money. I hate the way the support system in this game works(?), i hate the way the marketplace feels cheap, its like no effort is done in making styles people actually want (related to the actual game). I hate the way that SP lost meaning, i hate that most raids are 5-1-1-1 and i hate the way the game just feels dumbed down.

To me the game moved too much in the direction of casual players, its dumbed down too much.
    I had some hope after Amazon Fury 2, that episode made me feel they were on what was in my opinion the right track, then came Halls of Power 2 and back to the dumbing down of the game with the latest updates...the game is just not atractive atm and i think they must be pretty close to the point of no return by now...i hope not.
    • Like x 3
  5. RapidRay Committed Player

An act of God....
    • Like x 1
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Combat. That's where it begins and ends for me.

Over the past 4.5 years they've shown no willingness to include support roles, no willingness to give us fun mechanics, no willingness to create content that includes the entire team. What they have done though, is produce an incredibly fun combat system, that for whatever silly reason was totally and utterly butchered for what has turned out to be really no reason at all.

At least during that looooong stretch between battle for earth and Amazon fury 2 where content was just horrid with the exception of paradox and nexus, the combat made me enjoy every instance. I enjoyed actively fighting things as a DPS because I was in total control of how well I did. I was the one that decided what powers to use when, what load out I would run, what modifiers I should cast, what enemies needed PIs, what rotation I should be running, etc. however when Advanced Mechanics came in, all of that choice left. I am now a robot that has to do nothing more than press 1-2-3-4-5-2-3-4-5-2-3-4-5 non stop for the entire duration of a raid. There is no thought, no alteration, nothing. It's mindless button pressing that does crazy high damage. It's not fun and therefore the bland content we had before becomes even worse because I'm bored playing this silly version of DPS. It's sad really because here we are a year later, with a combat system that NOBODY was clamoring for, still unbalanced and having to wait another 6+ months for it to be somewhat close to balanced and guess what, it stinks.

Fix the combat is step 1 and until that happens, I don't know that anything matters
    • Like x 5
  7. Solar Well-Known Player

Getting away from the Lather,rinse and repeat level of DPS we have reached I know would bring back some people i know. That and as previously mentioned more involvement for support roles.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Vigilante Committed Player

An extreme and pervasive change of management and creative directors.

Making the game more like City of Heroes/Champions Online as far as costume sales and character customization.

Making it possible to either use all powers or all weapons as an alternative to the lame weapons/powers combo crap.

Getting rid of all of the lame gimmicks used to try and squeeze money out of players in sneaky ways.
    An extreme and pervasive change of management and creative directors.
    • Like x 5
  9. OG ELITE Committed Player

After 4 years of being legendary and playing every day I called it quits after gu 47, only logged in once since then. To much change at once, hate how the devs make drastic changes like that. I finally had enough and haven't looked back since. With eso out and metal gear about to be out I'm good. I just read the forums for laughs these days
    • Like x 6
  10. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

o_O did you get permission from Queen Carlynn to use the cat army?

At this point...I'm not sure that anything would bring me back. I tried...I really did. I came and ran the seasonal a few times...but that just left me angry :(
  11. Soulmass Well-Known Player

It would take major major changes to get me back, pve in dcuo has always been easy enough that a monkey could do it so I never see that changing and part of me is ok with that. I did love the challenge of Origin Crisis and felt it was what the game needed pve wise but with 80% of people hating it because well they want things handed to them on a platter and not have to work to clear content I understand why the devs won't make content like that again. But for me it's the pvp changes that killed it removing RPS was the worst mistake they have made since launch and that's saying a lot, weapon mastery made pve and pvp worse combat was great before that power sets felt good now it's all about DPS, support roles are ignored and trolls are barely required with everyone having a power back mechanic it's like they are making this game for children with how simple it is.
    Basically bring back RPS for pvp, remove weapon mastery and power back mechanics so trolls are required. Actually make content that requires two tanks which they still haven't done since launch and they need to make mechanics in raids for every class, dps should not be able to just stand and pew pew maybe it's me being spoiled by FFXIV but the whole group should have to deal with mechanics. Until some things change DCUO will just keep going downhill with bad changes and easier and easier content.
    • Like x 2
  12. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

Back from the Hack feat and, most importantly, THE BATMAN head piece and THE ORIGINAL BATMAN LEGENDS TOON would ensure i would never ever ever ever leave!!!! (wink wink)
  13. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

With the way this game is going i have very little ideas. I would like a lot more solo content for 1. More styles and not recycled old gear drops. Prime and gates was and always will be my favorite time in dc.
    • Like x 1
  14. lokithoz Committed Player

I give up there is absolutely nothing to bring me back
    I am tired of giving and suggesting ideas to the devs, which they consider irrelevant because they "think" the game is fine, but whatever.
    Dcuo is not longer the game that I used to play 2 years ago. I would now rather spend my money on a game worth playing....
    • Like x 2
  15. SupremePower New Player

A loot table that works?
    • Like x 1
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

A plane.

(It's bringing me home after vacation.) ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

A new Dev Team!
    • Like x 5
  18. Threesunsight Active Player

Mentor relevancy

Exp. traits ....Example: i collect 50 exobits. "Gain level 1 of Exohunter." Increased chance of multiple bit and byte drops. Wait. Exos aren't relevant anymore. El disregardo dis.

New emotes and proximity chat bubbles (cheeeesy)

Open world Notorious/Heroic rating : Every hour the person with the most open world kills is granted a boon of goodies. Like idk, a 5 min invincibility cola, Gorilla Grodd/Flash trinket with all da fixins, mepps sidekick, and/or a fat bag o loot. Once you win your exempt from teh competition, till reset.

Skill point augmentation of powers : Say I put 10 points into HL's grasping hand, and it gains increased cc duration. Then level 2 (20 sp) would have increased cc duration and 1 extra target and yada yada yada....Basically add uniqueness to support roles and their loadouts.

Prize boss : Open world boss could pop up, in Gotham Wastelands .....ect., and all participants are granted......stuff.

and foodcourt in da hall of doom I'm ******** starvin here m8.
    • Like x 3
  19. Black Arrowette Well-Known Player

Absolutely nothing. This game has become so simple that a brain dead monkey could play it. I prefer a challenge from my MMOs and not a faceroll.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What's VO?