what could bring you back to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ermike, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I don't play Dcuo as hardcore as I once did, between work mixed with playing 9 characters my cr isn't 130 but I'm not really in a rush. Hoping they can bring more players in the game but until then I'll be playing and making Dcuo movies
    • Like x 1
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Can someone please explain to me what the heck is so bad about content relevancy and the new mark system. You can still play old content. You still get rewards, heck you even get a mark or two sometimes. The point is, it's content that doesn't help you except for feats and styles. It's still the same now, except you don't get those useless MoTs.

As for the mark conversion. How in the world can anyone say this is a bad thing? You only have to worry about one type of mark, you aren't forced to run old content to pay rent and you can gain marks very quickly. How is that bad? Or are these just more of the complaints from people who can't except change.
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Yep. Dcuo is always great.
  4. Errorcode1058 New Player

What would bring me back? This...

5. Fies Committed Player

Personally never cared for mark system changes but: 1. Styles 2. Old marks kept T4/5 queuable (on Pc dont know PS) bc of rent-runs.
    No matter how "unrational" complaints regarding Mark-relevancy/-system-changes might seem to you its hard to deny that it was definetely one of #47 factors that drove lots of people away. This is what I care for the most atm bc (Pc) pop is pretty low ever since.
    One can blame those leaving/complaining for not understanding/accepting change but in the end its DCUO getting the short end of the stick bc of bad decisions that arent well-received. Customer is always right no matter what. Responsibility lies with the Dev-team/executives who couldnt foresee their decisions impact. Thats how it goes.
    Also in regard to our recent conversation you (others too ofc) seem pretty stressed out with people complaining on here so I would like to add that my post is in no way meant offensive (towards you). But atleast IMO its not the complainers/leavers who are to blame.
    • Like x 5
  6. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

It's not a matter of being stressed out. It drives me nuts though the way the older players drive away the newer players.

Here is the problem with the customer is always right. A few months ago people complained about higher CR players ruining lower content for them. A year and more ago people complained that Ice was the lowest power. A few years ago light was OP and a couple years ago Rage needed a nerf. Well guess what? Those complainers got exactly what they wanted. The customer was right. Now people complain about the changes, well the changes were made because the customer was right. Do you see the problem with the customer is always right argument?
    • Like x 1
  7. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

A new direction because the current creative minds at "DayBreak Games" are taking this game in a completely wrong way. Sound never have introduced WM and AM and this episode nonsense is horrible.
    • Like x 5
  8. Errorcode1058 New Player

1) those threads weren't made by numerous players, it was pretty much 1 forum member (initials are S R) who made a million threads complaining about high cr players ruining her lower level experiences.

2). If powers were created correctly and damage potential adjusted internally as opposed to throwing garbage onto a test server where people just want to make videos of their 'beast Loadout' instead of actually testing for bugs, the Rage, Ice, and HL issues would not have existed...but power Respec tokens and not quality content are the modus operandi.

3). Many many many customers spoke with their wallets and left. Guess what, they (we) were right to do so.
    • Like x 7
  9. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

You covered one point and only one point. And then that point is not valid. Even though one person made the threads, man people unfortunately agreed.

Those issues with powers you speak of, yes they would still have existed. People cried and cried over how OP some powers were and they got nerfed to hell. Now people cry over how week they are. They weren't OP to begin with, they just did a little more damage. Now you have this issue. Powers that were at the bottom got bumped up, powers that were at the top got knocked down. And who's fault is it? I hear criers blame the Devs, but it's not. It's the community's fault.
  10. hudapak Well-Known Player

I do not question people why they still play this game and you should do as well for those who left it. I have stayed with this game over the years through their countless bad decisions. I just said the last few being the last straw. If something doesn't work for me anymore, I'll leave it and let my wallet speak for itself. I left because running older contents became a chore with no reward. Even the seasonal became a hassle and frustration-filled event when it should be fun, easy, and a distraction from the usual grind - instead it added to it. The game has become a cash grab instead of a fun game. If people love this game, then go ahead and love it. Just because I don't feel the same about it, that I'd be viewed as crazy.
    • Like x 7
  11. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I didn't question why you left, I asked what was really wrong with the new mark system. I honestly could care less who has left, my only concern is with those who have left, and worse those that are still here, who put down the game to new players.
  12. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

Start over at DLC1. When this game required skills, skill points mattered (a little bit), combat was dynamic, content was well developed.
    • Like x 5
  13. Fies Committed Player

Ofc I can. Regarding balance..well we all saw what went wrong not to long ago. Not going further into this (unless you dont know about it) but imo it was quite remarkable. Now its a number of players trying to sort out that "misconception" for free in their free-time after 1! year of useless testing/balancing/complaining. Cant blame the playerbase for wanting atleast relative balance.
    About the "high Cr ruining my fun" changes...well I doubt that this was the reason. Due to the single mark system DBG had to prevent players from getting marks out of lower content in the first place and therefore just adopted that argument to put the blame on someone else. Seeing the consequences they now try to implement alternative rewards so that high CR players ruin the fun of lowies again? Cant be it imo. Same thing with the "stat inflation" argument regarding #47 CR-scaling changes. At the current rate we will have CR inflation soon. 2XX CR this time next year :) ? Among "some" players this was received as an obvious attempt to increase ReplayBadge sales (could be :)) but most importantly it was executed so bad that it rendered low-lvl-content unplayable for 2+ month. (bye new players) Now they finally adjusted it.
    In a more common sense ofc you need to evaluate whether customers/players demanding sth are "right" and are crucial in numbers but this doesnt even apply here (examples). After all those changes that seemingly had the biggest impact on pop/complaints were never asked for in the first place (or only by a neglibile number of players).
    • Like x 2
  14. hudapak Well-Known Player

I felt the Devs trivialized older contents with the new system on my main. But it became harder for alts to gear up. I've lost count of all failed attempts to beat lower tier contents on my alts because of the changes made. The marks system isn't as bad but it is still a part of that awful change that the Devs implemented that most didn't ask for and want. With that, the fun factor disappeared for me. So why even stay....
    • Like x 2
  15. Sapphire Melody Well-Known Player

The new players can see and think for themselfs. If they don't, it isn't the fault of old players :p

Here's the thing, all those things you named were legit complaints and were ruining the fun for many ingame. Even if you didn't have a problem with that, it doesn't change that there were high CRs who went into old content and obliterated everything - taking the fun away from lower CRs and messing with them learning the game which led to so many unskilled people in endgame; people with ice, earth, fire, electric felt cheated because no matter what they did, they couldn't compete and it was not a matter of their skill while the lantern powersets were the lovechilds of the devs. People didn't complain out of nothing.

The thing is, no we didn't get what we wanted, because how those problems were "solved" is a problem on its own. Instead of giving us portals to all instances we got stat flattening + relevancy. Instead of slightly buffing 3-4 powers and slightly nerfing 1-2 others we got a complete change in DPSing with AM, followed by a year of balancing powers (and when I say balancing, I mean picking a few powers, balance them for a 12345 rotation, completely ignoring others and largely ignoring testing feedback). A few of those things aren't even bad in their core, it's just how they were implemented that sucks.
    • Like x 9
  16. Errorcode1058 New Player

No. You are just trying to derail an otherwise constructive thread.

If the developers want to reconstruct the playerbase/revenue stream, they need to know how they can make amends to those they have offended with poor decision making.

Here's something else to consider...many people bag on Last Laugh. Last Laugh was released in the wake of GU 3 and the Hack. People were gunshy about re subbing and or using a CC to purchase online products from Sony right after Sony demonstrated an inability to keep our info secure. So Last Laugh did not sell very well and is often viewed as a failure. Flash forward 3 years later and guess what...Last Laugh was and remains the best content with the most replay ability. It was never affected by the Mark of Victory/symbols of BS fiasco. Although LL didn't have a shiny new power release, it introduced a new weapon which was placed on the buff/nerf cycle of FOTM weaponry...which does not generate the cash like the buff/nerf power Respec tokens.

Rewind the game back to LAST LAUGH. Remove all the bogus powers released since then (think of the benefits to the PS3 revenue stream/people). Take WM and 'Awesome Mechanics' and put them in a rather uncomfortable place. Restore the game back to where it was when it was fun...pre-replay badges and weekly resets (remember when you could run content over and over at will because you paid for access to it?). And release a new Last Laugh type PVP DLC.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY (We) WILL COME BACK.
    • Like x 3
  17. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Actually, no I wasn't trying to de-rail a thread. I asked a question that I see a lot of people complain about. My question is what is wrong with it yet I can't seem to get an answer from anyone. Not one person has actually answered why the one mark system and relevancy system is a bad thing.

You see, I have a point of view for it that works for me. I run lower content for fun, styles, and feats. I don't care about the marks. I can get plenty of marks from the relevant content with out having to deal with the old stupid 2 mark system we had. I don't have to worry about the near the end of month runs to pay rent. I can keep running relevant content and get marks and gear that applies to me. This is my out look on it and why I support it.

Now if one is to say this system is bad, tell me why you think it is bad. You say people leave because of it, tell me why. It's not a de-railing of a thread. Being constructive is stating you don't like something because...... Finish the sentence.
  18. ermike Committed Player

I dont care for the mark change as I feel new content gear should only be attained via new content but thats not my problem.. my problem is with the lame wm/ams that have made controllers useless. The role less pvp is a joke and all content is easily beatable day 1. That sucks.. what do you work towards if the games hardest raid is beaten first week in 10-15 minutes by competent groups.. thats pathetic. Having the gear swap out and upgrade monthly is also ridiculous. I hate that SPs are useless and that mods no longer effect CR. They keep making this game easier that now 5-1-1-1 isnt ju at doable, but optimal many times.. hell the one group did it 6-1-1 with no issues.. smh
  19. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Now this is a good reason for not liking it. Thank you.

I do however feel that AM gave a new (old) role back to the controllers. They haven't been made useless in my opinion. Now they can concentrate on keeping the healer and tank powered. They can also focus more on crowd control and stuns. To me, and this is my own opinion, it gives new life to the controller. It also seems to solve the old trolls are only batteries problem I used to see all the time. Of course, this is just my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  20. Infinite Active Player

what would get me back in the game?

well for starters I would love to have a might power set that resembles superman/ww( that's like the most basic set to have in any super hero game)

Also would like to see support roles getting more power choices, dps can select from 12 powers to play. tanks/trolls/heals can only use 4? how is that fair?

would love to actually feel like a tank and not have to block all the time.

would love to be able to melee in end game content as dps if I wanted to. Stoped playing dps a long time ago because I always had to stay ranged.

bring back the lvling system, change it up, instead of getting new gear, take the time to add more missions where you actually talk to your mentor or other iconic characters and doing raids and alerts gets you new costume parts instead and have to be the right level to do it.

better and more thought out content, I just canceled my subscription because I heard they scraped the sirums idea and now this game is a chore to play having to keep up monthly. Not really fun anymore.

Actually use the market place for new costume parts, iconic logos to put on any gear you want ( be a red lantern but not have to wear that chest ) new lair themes, add different movent animations for characters stuff like that.

these are the main ideas I have that would get me back in the game as this is what the thread is about but on a side note, this game will never be amazing because the developers don't have the vision for it to be great. I can get into detail why but what I would have to say would be too long for people to read and this post is already long.
    • Like x 1