what could bring you back to DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ermike, Aug 7, 2015.

1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Lol true. In this forum the game is dead and empty, but when you go in the game it is full. USPS of course. Some should login in dcuo(game).
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

What would bring me back?

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow always brings me back.
    • Like x 4
  3. KidMidnight Loyal Player

i can't help it. scored the jokers daughter poster tonight. agonized over giving it to my main or letting my main alt pop the feat. opted for the feat. one of my favorite characters, the Harlequin, member of the short lived 70's Titans. Shes been done wrong by DC even before the new 52 hit with all that garbage of giving her such a bad origin and then killing her off. just just one tiny little poster is enough for me hate on anybody who hates on this game.

that said i would love to see a healthier population. to me...it feels like the start of august. if anything it also feels like theres a little more activity than there was this time last year. this time last year had me pretty much as the sole player in my league as everyone was busy with work, vacations, taking little game breaks. i can count on seeing a dozen and up leaguemates. i've also been grinding away old content, cleaning out my journal. those new alternative loot boxes are great. makes those old magic missives and cc bounties fun again. i'm also getting them from af1 content and i saw a lot of players running these solo missions trying to gear up.

Players come, players go. names pop up on my friends list I havent seen in months, they disappear for a bit, they come back

If Advanced/Awesome Power mechanics are here to stay i think they need to be expanded on, work now useless powers into them to make them useful again. It will allow us to have a little variety in our loadouts. might be enticing to players taking breaks.

VO sounds like something you use when you get that not so fresh feeling.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Vigilante Committed Player

Thanks Bro. I agree whole-heartedly with you points as well.

AND I have been Keying people up On Valiance Online (VO) For almost a year now!!!! so Awesome! Great to see another VO booster lol.

I don't play anymore either. The decision makers are terrible and so is the creative team. They are too egotistical and refuse to change course even though their course has been steadily ruining the game for years now.

They won't get another dime out of me and obviously they don't want Black peoples or Hispanics or Asians, or Native Americans, etc's, money because they won't even give us forum avatars to represent ourselves. (Bernie Sander 2016!)
    • Like x 4
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I haven't completely left the game but I do need something to allow me to continue playing.

A way to buy Episodes without having to use a credit card. The ideal way for me would be a direct buy with DGC cards (if they ever make them that is) in the same way you do (did) for memberships with them.

At this point I am dead in the water.
  6. Jim Berry Well-Known Player

For me, I'm away due to Final Fantasy XIV. I used to hop on DC when FFXIV was down for maintenance, but because of the restrictions to the Premium players, I get turned off easily now. I found myself wasting a lot of $15 payments only to find myself logging in twice a month.

As for CR, I have been at my current CR for many, many, many months now. There was a time when I took a two-month break from Final Fantasy XIV and played DC. I was online everyday and still couldn't progress onto the later content due to my CR. I have even tried modding my gear, but while my stats went up, my CR did not.

Since I need to be at 106 CR (I'm 105), I'm bothered by that 1 CR point I cannot seem to get, and I'm not sure why. With this, I had given up putting my all into the game. I'll never delete the game from my console nor will I delete my character. I just have no morale to play when I'm still playing old content (up to 105 CR) just to force myself to play.
  7. Pults Loyal Player

Option to switch between purchased powers without the need of a token but only 2 to 3 diffferent powers at a time. Current powers are limiting, I like dpsing with celestial but hate dpsing with rage (in raids) and I like tanking not healing.
  8. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

The funny thing is, if someone has quit the game they probably aren't browsing the forums anymore either. Even if they're just taking a break from the game, they may not be visiting the forums. So posting in the forums to ask people who quit what would bring them back? Kind of laughable.
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

What would bring me back... hmmmm... I think I'll take..

You're totally right Number 2! I need...

Why you laugh?! Don't laugh! My demands must be met dammit!
    • Like x 1
  10. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

As many could do, I probably can think of a few things this game needs changed to get the population back up. I've played several MMOs and although I really enjoyed DCUO, I'll be completely honest about it and not biased. Too many people will be blindly biased in favor or against something and not see it for what it actually is. DCUO years ago at its peak was still somewhat of a low population compared to some other MMOs but that's largely because the developers made poor choices that some loved while too many did not care for much.

1. DCUO has never had anything in the game truly feel like it was on a massive scale. The open world is extremely basic and largely restricted to pre-level 30 content. There is virtually no interaction with anything in the open world except the basic fighting and killing things. Other MMOs have a variety of things that are done in the open world. There is so little to the open world that aside from the leveling up missions, there's no reason to be in the open world.

2. People will stand around in the WT or HoD waiting in queue for an instance to run. You run your few relevant instances then you either hop on an alt or spend real money to replay the content you just completed for the day. Inside the instances, they're lackluster and basic in comparison to many other MMOs. This does matter because the game play mechanics are some MMOs largely help to grow the player base. Standing around with so little to do that is actually relevant is never a good thing.

3. I won't clutter this post by naming many MMOs but I'll use a few for examples. Tera has things to do that are relevant in the open world and in instances, relevant to end game. Guild Wars 2 focuses somewhat heavily on all areas of the open world being used for much of its end game gear, Ascended and Legendary. The Secret World is more focused on open world exploration and story telling but has an in depth combat system. The reward in TSW for running lower content is that you use SP to unlock tiers of gear and improve them while you use AP to purchase skills to use out of a total of 525 skills.

For every 40,000 exp earns you gain 1 AP and for every 120,000 exp you gain 1 SP. The tougher areas will reward somewhat more exp but not too much so that keeps every area and every mission useful as most missions can be infinitely repeated after a cool down. DCUO's failing there is that once you hit level 30, it's equally as much about how much money you want to spend on replay badges as it is enjoying the game. You can casually run through the content for your relevant tier then progress to the next and skip things or do whatever you want but once you get around the current top tier of content you'll be faced with the choice of buying replay badges, switching to an alt after completing what you wanted to run that day or simply logging out.

4. DCUO doesn't really have much direction. The developers too often are just throwing things together seemingly randomly. I doubt it's random but the lack of quality and effort in a lot of it would seem so. I really enjoyed DCUO even with its many flaws but I'm also speaking on many experiences with myself and other people on different MMOs as to what a lot of people looks for in a MMO plus what keeps people on a certain MMO. DCUO has relied on its DC Comics themed game far too much to keep it alive. The game is so far behind other games visually and in game play that it's hardly even laughable.

5. With its flaws, DCUO can still regain lost players and gain new ones because it is a fun game even if it fails when compared to superior MMOs. DCUO offers certain experiences some of us directly wanted out of a MMO, especially regarding the Hero and Villain themes, characters, etc. When other MMOs offer so much more to do in the game than DCUO does, that's when it probably gets hard to retain existing players. It probably gets hard to retain new players and to obtain new players. Developers can't think about the immediate quick cash grab and succeed truly long term. They need to put more thought and effort into satisfying the players.

I know some will defend the game to the end but judging by the forums and a lot of what I've seen in game in recent months, there are more people unhappy with the game than there are people happy with the game. Some may have quit, some may have stayed. Some try the game out and stick to it while others uninstall it and move on. How long will people stick to a game that offers so little in comparison to other games especially when most of these other games are cheaper to play. Many other MMOs give more for a monthly subscription while some are buy the game then buy any released content but never pay a subscription.

In my opinion, the developers need to consider making changes to the ways they earn money on this game. Replay badges are an unreliable joke of a method for earning money. I paid for a subscription but I rarely even bothered using replay badges except maybe for feats on alts. Probably 95% of the people I've ever known on DCUO past and present, do not buy replay badges. Most people I know will run the relevant content then either do other things on that character or hop on an alt but they don't buy replay badges. The cash shop in this game is mostly a joke and needs highly desirable items in it.

People will complain about changes, that's just human nature but one thing that works on other MMOs is adding unique and more detailed styles, outfits etc to the cash shop. I could go on and on but I'm stopping here. I stopped playing a few weeks ago, just decided to check on here to see if anything's changed but decided to post a time or two on while on here.
    • Like x 8
  11. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Finishing these three games will help bring me back to DCUO.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm still playing, but that doesn't mean I'm still happy.
    • A major tone down on gear
    • A Restoration and Vitalization nerf. Literally, it would actually be beneficial in the long run like the new mark system.
    • Crafting actually worth something
    • More Iconic gear
    • More events
    • More connection with WB and DC Comics and the Movies
    • FIX PvP FFS
    • Actually give PvP some love and expansions
    • A whole game expansion
    • More use of Items in PvP, like preGU41, only more restrictions though.
    • Support role mechanics
    • The removal of the PvE phase and let new players play in the PvP world. Population will be allot more balanced in the world and won't be a ghost town. I enjoyed this hugely when I came to the game.
    • Added extras and seasonal extras to the MP
    • I want my new UI!
    • Like x 1
  13. BossJohnson Active Player

This.... 100%.

Compared to other mmos i play, dcuo had the most enjoyable combat. In the last year they have managed to make it the worst. It now performs at a pace similiar to every other game, but there is very little difference between powers. If youre going to destroy the pace of play, atleast make each power unique. As is combat is terrible. The fact they cant balance powers that play the exact same, gives me zero faith they can make powers feel unique again.

Content... the combat used to be the smoke and mirrors that covered up the mundane nature of most content after year one and made it fun. Wm and am seem to be the windex and paper towels that gave us a clear view of just how boring this content could be. You cant have both aspects be boring and have a viable product. As is, thats the case. The new raid is terrible, i would have to pull up a list to find one thats worse..

I want to play and enjoy the game but for that to happen, significant steps need to made with combat and content.
    • Like x 1
  14. Rusty Metal Active Player

Here is my two cents.
    I would like to enter older content without queueing, I like completing briefs but don't want to trouble other people just to pick up a brief on an Alt.
    I would like to see trinket pets that have no timer, like the bat drone from the collector's edition. they could be pvp disabled to preserve balance. I'm sure these would be popular with many people, and would even provide extra income if a variety was sold through the cash shop.
    I would like to see motorcycles be a travel power, with different looks for different tastes.
    Lastly I would like more options in character appearance, more gear, more body types etc.

Someone else suggested more open world content, I will just agree with that one. :)
  15. UltraVillain Committed Player

I'm not gone so can't really answer fully but a drastic change to direction is required imo,

At the forefront a reaffirmation of the DC and comic-book theme is required, ways to involve and immerse the player in the wonderful (atm completely wasted) environments of DC and Gotham, activities that occupy us each and every moment, robberies/abductions/murders to foil (Heroic stuff) or plan (you know like a villain...), events to put right or exploit, a sense we are the next hero/villain that will hit the front pages of the Daily Planet.

Regain the lost diversity and variety of combat, sever the notion of locking powers to one sub-role each and let any power be configured to any support role based on its load-out.......encourage hybrid load-outs and real choice in power-sets, merge Wm and Am into the combat trees so they are but a part rather than the dominating element. recapture the idea of balance risk vs reward style builds and strategy.

Re imagine arenas based around actual hero and villain confrontations....let us be working conflicting objectives rather than painfully identical ones. Set some priority to open world pvp and/or competitive pve (to instil a dynamic element into each day we log in). Make the factions do the work of bringing the dc world to life.

Employ a reward system that actually delivers some incentive for progression, one that encompasses the game in its entirety and overtly encourages players to be active and supportive of older content and newer players. Rewards that offer the sense we are valued and that the game is expansive and varied in how it occupies us each and every day (ie the polar opposite to the inept gibberish of GU47).

For starters anyways......
    • Like x 4
  16. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I am waiting as well:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. lokithoz Committed Player

How many people created threads with new ideas and suggestions? Plenty and many of them either got shut down by the community or the devs for not justify reason.........
    However, I cannot understand how some people are being really optimistic about the current state of the game
    It is not enjoyable , there is only a duo and a raid to do. nothing else.....
    Open world is dead, might as well removed, since they do not have plans of integrating events in the open world .
    Like seriously what are they planning to do? there is still more games coming to the ps4 looking to take the spotlight and offering great deals.
    • Like x 3
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Should be interesting to see what happens in 2016. Especially if there is no new UI.
  19. lokithoz Committed Player

why do i have this feeling like they probably going to let this game die or shut it down and concentrate on the other games such as ever quest,h1z1, and others. Those games have way more attention than this one. It just a though thou, I mean it looks like they do not have the time to try to get players back or revive this game at all....
    • Like x 2
  20. CdnAtheist Well-Known Player

I still enjoy playing this game, though I will concede a lot of my friends have left and the general view in my league is that the game has gotten worse over the last year. (People have gotten over the stat flattening. I think it has more to do with no power balance, vendor gear not being the best gear, loot drops in raids, and whole concept of elite content/gear.)

Also, the PS3/4 community remains rather immature and rude. It'll be interesting what happens when crossplay is introduced. My experience with PC MMOs, albeit limited to SWTOR & STO, is that PC gamers tend be older and more civil. So hopefully that will improve the overall experience.

But the biggest fear I have is an exodus of players to other MMOs. It happened with Destiny and ESO. And in November we have the mother of all franchises Star Wars releasing Battlefront. And top of the that you have games coming out that utilize the PS4 so much better than DCUO does - MGS V, Fallout 4, etc. It could get rough.
    • Like x 2