Weapon Mastery Testing

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Apr 8, 2014.

1. The Johnny army New Player

No, he is right, I'm on the PC and those orange circles are what shows you got the power clipping right. You will only see them (and get the power boost) when you use a power at the right time (usually around 75% of the cast bar). Using your example, you need to use a power when the cast bar on shuriken storm is at 75%; you will then see the orange circle, hear a sound and your power will crit for 350% (if I remember the value right). It's the actual power use that triggers it, not the combo.
  2. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

Oh, so it's not the actual weapon combo that is making something. It is the power following the weapon combo, gotcha. Not entirely sure what you mean by cast bar though.
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

that doesn't happen during the WM combo, it happens if you use a power after the combo to show you got the bonus effect if you clipped right. Also it's the same for both PS and PC, but i'm on PC
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

you know whenever you use a hold weapon attack there is a bar that appears that shows how long until the attack is done, same goes for weapon mastery, now following the bar to perform the clipping bonus is a little tricky as it sometimes tend to appear too late or not at all, so it's a good idea to try and memorize when the attack is almost done by seeing the toon to then clip it with a power.
  5. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

Nope, there's a bar that appears kind of randomly and scrolls up. It's not tied to anything in a causal kind of way though.
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

wow you have a problem them, either serious lagging on bugged character but something is really wrong.
  7. The Johnny army New Player

I've noticed some inconsistency with the cast bars (I'd say maybe 1 in 10 times, it doesn't appear, depending on lag and such), but from what I've seen, all weapon combos have a cast bar. Some are really short, I want to say the brawlers to shuriken storm is very short/fast and bow to full auto is very long, but they all have it.

Like ErnieB is saying, you might have some lag in your gaming experience or your game might be bugged.
  8. Sytenia Committed Player

I've noticed a difference between two weapon masteries to the same attack.
    The attack is brawling Ground Pound, you can go to this from handblasters or dual wield by doing tap melee - hold melee x2.
    When the attack is used from handblasters it does the usual AoE damage split after 2 targets but when used from dual wield it hits one target for full damage and the other targets for much less pretty similar to what most tap melee attacks do.

When I use this attack with the brawling weapon without using a mastery combo it also does the normal AoE damage split after 2 targets.
    I think the mastery combo when accessed from dual wield needs to be looked at and adjusted to be in line with the other one and split damage after 2 targets.
  9. libran New Player

Is anything being done about nature's shapeshifted forms NOT having WM because it seriously makes them useless in comparison...